887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, SUDIP said:

Hi

During 2 yrs of your stay in designated area, you can visit other areas or Country in case of

1) work relaed trip

2) Annual leave

That visit is usually not counted as non compliance for you application for 887.

Thanks

Sudip

@SUDIP, thank you very much for your response, so I can apply my 887 visa right after I finish my 2 years term which is on 19th Dec 2019.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, Stellajane said:

Seems that SBS has published the article on our never ending limbo.🙌

You can read it here: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/suspended-in-never-ending-limbo-temporary-migrants-in-australia-s-regions-decry-visa-uncertainty

Thank you @TTTF for reaching out to SBS and thank you to all the persons that contributed. 

Hope it brings something and that the processing times will decrease again. 

As you can read in the article, many applications cannot be processed because insufficient documents are lodged!!! So please check once more if you have submitted all necessary paperwork in your application.

Hoping for another rain of grants coming soon!

Great article and it def. brought some attention towards 887 in immi department . I don't agree with some of the explanations immi gave sbs about processing delays , 887 applicants already live in Australia and have gone through very strict health , and background checks as pr so they already know us. Many 189 pr applicants has never been to Australia before and apply for 189 from overseas , and have much more difficult overseas employment claims , educational document checks,  security checks background checks , health checks to perform and a much larger number of applicants , they have much larger number of applicants and also majority of the visa applications for any visa category is not decision ready,  their applications still get processed around 8 months , also to know if an application is decision ready or not they have to actually open files as soon as possible, the issue here is that they take too much time to open files ,by that time even if we lodged a decision ready file at the time of application it will require updated documents by the time co opens it due to departments delay in opening our files ,  also for some reason a few co's request documents  that have been already uploaded in the system and there's no way to directly and efficiently let the co know that the requested information is already there,  it wastes an applicants time. More than the applicant's fault in lodging a not decision ready application and immis claims that 8000 applications in processing and that those factors delayed processing times , it's very clear that lack of staff, inefficiency in the department , lack of transparency in visa processing and visa programs are the main issues that delays the processing.If regional needs more people and skills and settling people permanently in regional is so important to government , then why aren't we in a priority processing category? if they can't process 8000 applications efficiently how will they process a much larger number of brand new subclass 191 pr applications when it becomes active in coming years??  I hope they will bring processing times down

• Like 4

On 9/21/2019 at 12:26 PM, Samizdat said:

Hello everyone 

I applied on 22 May 2018 . First contacted by CO on 11 June 2019  for baby medical after that didn’t hear anything from them.. complain twice by both phone and email still same answer ..WAIT.. now my both AFP and police clearance from my country is expired .. when they made first contact it wasn’t expired ...do I have to update AFP again. 

Thanx 

Update your AFP ASAP

Cheers!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AVK said:

Hi guys, can you please advise. I have updated AFP in May 2019. And then traveled to my country for two months June-July2019. 

Now whether I need to update the Police Clearance from my country or AFP or both?

Thanks

Hi , 

Apparently,PCC is required if you have lived 1or more year at any place.

Thanks

Sudip

A new week, new hopes for everyone! Good luck to you all. 

After receiving the 'generic email' of department last Friday saying that my application might be opened soon, I triple-checked my whole application once more. Honestly, this is already the 5th or 6th time that I have checked this. I do believe that I have provided all necessary documents. 

I cannot express enough to all of you, my fellow applicants, please check your application thoroughly and be sure that you have uploaded all necessary documents.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SUDIP said:

Hi , 

Apparently,PCC is required if you have lived 1or more year at any place.

Thanks

Sudip

Thanks Sudip. I had already submitted PCC when I had applied for 887 Visa in Jan 2018. Do I have to submit again because of travelling overseas?

52 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

A new week, new hopes for everyone! Good luck to you all. 

After receiving the 'generic email' of department last Friday saying that my application might be opened soon, I triple-checked my whole application once more. Honestly, this is already the 5th or 6th time that I have checked this. I do believe that I have provided all necessary documents. 

I cannot express enough to all of you, my fellow applicants, please check your application thoroughly and be sure that you have uploaded all necessary documents.

Hi Stellajane,  hope things getting better, and it should be. The Department keeps playing games and lying a lot....

1 minute ago, Seacity112 said:

Hi Stellajane,  hope things getting better, and it should be. The Department keeps playing games and lying a lot.... 

It is possible that the Department has just sent that email to pamper us again, correct. But we need to understand the underlying reason, which is:

Make our files decision ready. Provide as much accurate information and documentation as possible. 

I'm eagerly waiting for our grant also and I can only hope that things are getting better for everyone. But we need to keep our heads up and have faith. Every day is one day closer to our grant. 

I'm very hopeful for this week. Hope The Department will not let us down again. They have showed progress the last 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Definitely! keep our heads up and have faith!!!  Could i congratulate you in advance, mate. We are all closer to the day we are long for. Cheers!  

'Pamper ' is an exact word. Look at them, choose Sep- Nov applicants and sent emails, really confuse people. 

Just hope that they just want to expedite those applicans who are waiting for more than 9 months....

Or otherwise again, play the same game like before general election then all have holidays and close their eyes and ears. 

OMG.

Seacity112, I do believe that the email is generated as an answer to the media release by SBS. If I was on their side, I would do the same. But it also means that our voice has been heard. We do not know yet if it will work. That again, can only be analysed within a few weeks.

Hopefully the applicants from Feb 18 - Jun 18 will get assessed soon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1