Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

Experts please give suggestions:

I applied 887 on 14th July 2018. I am primary applicant and have my wife and 2 daughters. one of them is 1 year old born in Australia. Yesterday got CO assigned. He has asked me 4 things:

1. Evidence of further stay in regional area. (Asking me for residence and work proof even after lodging 887 and fullfilling 2 year conditions)

2. My functional English test. (says my IELTS expired even before i lodged 887 so i will need to do it again or something similar. )

3. My 1 year old' Medical (This makes sense and am okay with it)

4. Here is where the trouble starts. Last year to get 489 for my elder daughter who was in India i signed a health undertaking. As per that when she gets 489 and comes to Australia she was suppose to undergo a Medical. She got 489, then i arranged Medical, and got it done at Royal Adelaide Hospital. As we know we dont get results for these medicals so we just have to rely on Doctors that they will for sure upload it on immigration. Yesterday my CO says in letter that i failed to get that test done. I called hospital and no one has any information as all this happened in May 2018. I called Bupa(they got it organised with Royal Adelaide Hosp) and they say i cant apply for it again as it is already in system. All that i have regarding this test is appointment confirmation letter both from Bupa and hosp. but nothing after that. please suggest what should i do here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AJEETS said:

Experts please give suggestions:

I applied 887 on 14th July 2018. I am primary applicant and have my wife and 2 daughters. one of them is 1 year old born in Australia. Yesterday got CO assigned. He has asked me 4 things:

1. Evidence of further stay in regional area. (Asking me for residence and work proof even after lodging 887 and fullfilling 2 year conditions)

2. My functional English test. (says my IELTS expired even before i lodged 887 so i will need to do it again or something similar. )

3. My 1 year old' Medical (This makes sense and am okay with it)

4. Here is where the trouble starts. Last year to get 489 for my elder daughter who was in India i signed a health undertaking. As per that when she gets 489 and comes to Australia she was suppose to undergo a Medical. She got 489, then i arranged Medical, and got it done at Royal Adelaide Hospital. As we know we dont get results for these medicals so we just have to rely on Doctors that they will for sure upload it on immigration. Yesterday my CO says in letter that i failed to get that test done. I called hospital and no one has any information as all this happened in May 2018. I called Bupa(they got it organised with Royal Adelaide Hosp) and they say i cant apply for it again as it is already in system. All that i have regarding this test is appointment confirmation letter both from Bupa and hosp. but nothing after that. please suggest what should i do here..

Welcome to the forum @AJEETS

Who was your CO please?

In order to understand where these questions from your CO came from, and to make sure other applicants can avoid these further questions I would like to know if:

Your question 1: further regional stay

Did you move houses after you applied for your 887? If so, did you give that information to your 489 CO? 

Your question 2: IELTS

If you achieved Functional English it is indeed only valid for 1 year. And it also needed to be still valid when applying for 887. If you achieved vocational English or higher it was valid for 3 years. If, in your case, you only had Functional English at the time of your 489 visa application, you will be needed to redo your IELTS again. (although it is not very common that the main applicant needs to redo his test I think)

I cannot help you with question 4 unfortunately, but plenty of other members on this forum can. Sure they will help you out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

School holidays only start next week in Adelaide. They should be working today. Or am I missing a long weekend which I'm not aware of? Hope they will grant some more applications this week. 

Most of the CO's are on holiday.  They are enjoying their life and we are behind the bar. By the way@Stellajane which part of BD you are from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MZH said:

@Stellajane which part of BD you are from. 

Somebody messed up my country in the tracker once, I'm actually not from BD, I'm from Europe. But happy to call Australia my home now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Welcome to the forum @AJEETS

Who was your CO please?

In order to understand where these questions from your CO came from, and to make sure other applicants can avoid these further questions I would like to know if:

Your question 1: further regional stay

Did you move houses after you applied for your 887? If so, did you give that information to your 489 CO? 

Your question 2: IELTS

If you achieved Functional English it is indeed only valid for 1 year. And it also needed to be still valid when applying for 887. If you achieved vocational English or higher it was valid for 3 years. If, in your case, you only had Functional English at the time of your 489 visa application, you will be needed to redo your IELTS again. (although it is not very common that the main applicant needs to redo his test I think)

I cannot help you with question 4 unfortunately, but plenty of other members on this forum can. Sure they will help you out.

 

@AJEETS Were you the primary applicant in both 489 & 887 ? 

As per the website and documentation required for 887 primary applicant should not require English test..

 

image.thumb.png.a499d0e604217e9d0336dec7d7d0c9c0.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TTTF said:

@AJEETS Were you the primary applicant in both 489 & 887 ? 

As per the website and documentation required for 887 primary applicant should not require English test..

 

image.thumb.png.a499d0e604217e9d0336dec7d7d0c9c0.png

99% of main applicants, when applied for 489, would have done their IELTS test over 3 years before applying for 887 (So it is expired). I would assume it is just a CO mistake asking the main applicant for his IELTS Test. Simply. there is no place to upload the English test certificate for the main applicant in IMMI account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stellajane yes i moved house when i was on 489, i gave them my new address in 887 file while lodging it. I am still in same regional area even my last and current post code is same.  Regarding IELTS, yes it expired before i lodged 887 so i understand i may need to do it again. I am the primary applicant. CO Michael.

all other requirements are okay as they are in my control. my only problem is point 4 where hospital has not updated immigration about the medical examination results. I spoke with immigration today and they have escalated it to processing team explaining my situation. lets see what the outcome is.

@TTTF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AJEETS said:

yes i moved house when i was on 489, i gave them my new address in 887 file while lodging it. I am still in same regional area even my last and current post code is same.

Thanks for that. Good to hear that you stayed regional off course as that is what we are supposed to do. But it also means that this question could possibly have been avoided if you updated your address within your current 489 visa I think. Not that it is really hard to provide additional proof of residence, but I'm just trying to understand the reason them asking so we can learn out of this and hopefully this will help somebody else also.

Hope you do not get stuck in the waiting queue now! All the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Thanks for that. Good to hear that you stayed regional off course as that is what we are supposed to do. But it also means that this question could possibly have been avoided if you updated your address within your current 489 visa I think. Not that it is really hard to provide additional proof of residence, but I'm just trying to understand the reason them asking so we can learn out of this and hopefully this will help somebody else also.

Hope you do not get stuck in the waiting queue now! All the best!

Dont know how it works but once a visa gets Finalised you can not make changes to it. When my daughter was born last year and i changed house i attached Change of circumstances form to my ongoing 887. There was no place there for me to add anything on 489 as it was finalised and we are already in australia on this visa for last 3 years. 

What i have learned from this and probably tell others is:

1. Do not move out from Regional area even after you fulfill 489 conditions which only asks to stay for 2 years. I did not move so am safe here.

2. IELTS or similar test should not have expired when you file 887. Even though i got 8 points in IELTS when i applied 489 and since then am living and working in Australia, but dept again wants a proof that i have functional English; strange but true .. dont know why these tests come with an expiry. how can someone forget a language in just 3 years..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AJEETS said:

@Stellajane yes i moved house when i was on 489, i gave them my new address in 887 file while lodging it. I am still in same regional area even my last and current post code is same.  Regarding IELTS, yes it expired before i lodged 887 so i understand i may need to do it again. I am the primary applicant. CO Michael.

all other requirements are okay as they are in my control. my only problem is point 4 where hospital has not updated immigration about the medical examination results. I spoke with immigration today and they have escalated it to processing team explaining my situation. lets see what the outcome is.

@TTTF

@AJEETS @Stellajane I still don't get this what is the logic of asking a document which is not in fact sheet of 887 visa application.. Did I miss to read the fine line in between? Happy to be corrected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The requirement of 489 visa is not to stay in designated areas for 2 years only. That is the requirement to apply for 887 visa. For 489 visa, the requirement is to stay in the designated area for 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AJEETS said:

2. IELTS or similar test should not have expired when you file 887. Even though i got 8 points in IELTS when i applied 489 and since then am living and working in Australia, but dept again wants a proof that i have functional English; strange but true .. dont know why these tests come with an expiry. how can someone forget a language in just 3 years..

Not sure why the COs are asking for IELTS again from the main applicant when you were the main applicant for 489 too. maybe a mistake? doesn't make sense at all when they haven't specified it in the list of required documentation. Crazy..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TTTF said:

@AJEETS @Stellajane I still don't get this what is the logic of asking a document which is not in fact sheet of 887 visa application.. Did I miss to read the fine line in between? Happy to be corrected. 

@TTTF you are definitely correct. It should not have been asked as it is clearly said on the fact sheet. But the fact is, that they did ask and that @AJEETS needs to respond. I truly believe that it is better to respond and get the additional proofs rather than going into a battle as these proofs are not to hard to get. For IELTS, that is sad, especially if Ajeets already achieved an 8 overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

@TTTF you are definitely correct. It should not have been asked as it is clearly said on the fact sheet. But the fact is, that they did ask and that @AJEETS needs to respond. I truly believe that it is better to respond and get the additional proofs rather than going into a battle as these proofs are not to hard to get. For IELTS, that is sad, especially if Ajeets already achieved an 8 overall.

Does this mean as main applicants, it is best to do IELTS again and attached proof before the  COs get assigned. I don't think so and I don't wanna do an exam again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

@TTTF you are definitely correct. It should not have been asked as it is clearly said on the fact sheet. But the fact is, that they did ask and that @AJEETS needs to respond. I truly believe that it is better to respond and get the additional proofs rather than going into a battle as these proofs are not to hard to get. For IELTS, that is sad, especially if Ajeets already achieved an 8 overall.

That is correct. we cant fight with them. they will ask what ever they want, and i will give the documents. The only problem is with my daughter health undertaking. i got the medical done but hospital has not updated the same to immigration. after these tests there is no result or proof sent to client which i can present now; they just send it directly to immigration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

@TTTF you are definitely correct. It should not have been asked as it is clearly said on the fact sheet. But the fact is, that they did ask and that @AJEETS needs to respond. I truly believe that it is better to respond and get the additional proofs rather than going into a battle as these proofs are not to hard to get. For IELTS, that is sad, especially if Ajeets already achieved an 8 overall.

@Stellajane Second your opinion, but if they come up with more such requests , it will only result in more delay.. such things can be contested and at least asked for. 

Not debating the subject but after 17/18 months one cannot ask something out of  the list provided at the time of the application..is the point here.I have seen requests for employment docs which has been already submitted.. All this is only pushing out the timeline on a daily basis. How will be the application decision ready, if the requirements keep changing. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AJEETS said:

That is correct. we cant fight with them. they will ask what ever they want, and i will give the documents. The only problem is with my daughter health undertaking. i got the medical done but hospital has not updated the same to immigration. after these tests there is no result or proof sent to client which i can present now; they just send it directly to immigration. 

@AJEETShow did you pay the medical fees in this case.. bank statement, letter/email of appointment etc ... that can act as proof of medical test being done and you can ask hospital to prove their side of the story.. in worst case you will get chance to get the test again.. proving that it was a error at hospital's end. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with all the above. I is still odd that these things have been asked again.

But let's not get lost in this, these items can be solved for @AJEETS. He/she is asking advice regarding the last question, daughters health. Can someone help with that? Do we have anything similar that happened before?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I agree with all the above. I is still odd that these things have been asked again.

But let's not get lost in this, these items can be solved for @AJEETS. He/she is asking advice regarding the last question, daughters health. Can someone help with that? Do we have anything similar that happened before?

Sure... gave him some options to think on .. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJEETS said:

Experts please give suggestions:

I applied 887 on 14th July 2018. I am primary applicant and have my wife and 2 daughters. one of them is 1 year old born in Australia. Yesterday got CO assigned. He has asked me 4 things:

1. Evidence of further stay in regional area. (Asking me for residence and work proof even after lodging 887 and fullfilling 2 year conditions)

2. My functional English test. (says my IELTS expired even before i lodged 887 so i will need to do it again or something similar. )

3. My 1 year old' Medical (This makes sense and am okay with it)

4. Here is where the trouble starts. Last year to get 489 for my elder daughter who was in India i signed a health undertaking. As per that when she gets 489 and comes to Australia she was suppose to undergo a Medical. She got 489, then i arranged Medical, and got it done at Royal Adelaide Hospital. As we know we dont get results for these medicals so we just have to rely on Doctors that they will for sure upload it on immigration. Yesterday my CO says in letter that i failed to get that test done. I called hospital and no one has any information as all this happened in May 2018. I called Bupa(they got it organised with Royal Adelaide Hosp) and they say i cant apply for it again as it is already in system. All that i have regarding this test is appointment confirmation letter both from Bupa and hosp. but nothing after that. please suggest what should i do here..

Hi

When we applied for our 887 Our IELTS had also expired, however if we could prove that our education we primarly in English, that was accepted. Also, if you have studied in Australia for more than 2 years, that is also considered proof of english.

Hope that helps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TTTF said:

Sure... gave him some options to think on .. 

This health undertaking is free of charge. it is different from regular Medical examination required for immigration purposes. regular medical was done before she got 489. in that medical if there something not major enough to decline visa they grant the visa after parent signs health undertaking. this undertaking states that parent has to take the child for medical assessment after they arrive in Australia. It was arranged by Bupa but was done a govt hospital free of charge. Am okay getting this done again but the thing is that last time it took 3 months to get an appointment and now i only have 28 days to respond to what CO has asked. fingers crossed, have called and explained everything to home affairs contact line and they are taking it up internally with processing team. eagerly waiting for them to respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJEETS said:

@Stellajane yes i moved house when i was on 489, i gave them my new address in 887 file while lodging it. I am still in same regional area even my last and current post code is same.  Regarding IELTS, yes it expired before i lodged 887 so i understand i may need to do it again. I am the primary applicant. CO Michael.

all other requirements are okay as they are in my control. my only problem is point 4 where hospital has not updated immigration about the medical examination results. I spoke with immigration today and they have escalated it to processing team explaining my situation. lets see what the outcome is.

@TTTF

I think you should raise a complaint with them about asking for English score as it is not required for Primary applicant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 887 2019 said:

Guys pls do understand if co ask u anything just provide don't ask them any explanation .if they ask for English test for primary just do it again again a I did my ielts on Monday computer delivered test and by Friday I will get my result n on same day I will upload it .don't create any drama I hope u understand what I was trying to say

well, I think the other way around, we should make a drama. asking for docs which are not in the fact sheet after 17 months of waiting should definitely go to media as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nudgee said:

Father, mother and siblings should be in "other family members", or else they might appear on your medical examination list, but this is a very common mistake and Cos are well aware of it so do not worry, you can submit a incorrect answer form on IMMI account.

Thanks a lot Nudgee for your quick response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use