sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

5 hours ago, Gurpz said:

New in this forum...

DIRECT GRANT 💌 DIRECT GRANT 🎁 APPLIED 31 August  2018 😊

Hi all,

I am a silent follower.. I would love to share my good news with you all .. I have received direct grant this morning at 0846.

Applied 31 August 2018 . Vic Geelong region ..

Family of 3, my daughter is 7 yrs old.

I updated my AFP in JULY 19 just before it was about to get expired.

It’s a direct grant . CO Wilson . 

Congratulations, could you pls share what docs you have uploaded so that it will help me & other members to help prepare docs for direct grant. 

3 hours ago, ankit7775 said:

hi, just got an update on IMMI account for Health examination for may baby, 

No Email, no massage

Was just checking IMMI account and found the  link for my baby s medical test. 

Applied : 24/07/2018

Hi @SukSim, how old is your baby  & was your baby born in Australia? I also have a baby who will be 1 years old while I apply 887 visa in Nov 2019 but my agent told me it is unlikely that we will be asked for babys medical test as she was born in Australia.

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

SBS Update , They have published second article on the subject.

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/audio/13-years-in-australia-and-i-m-not-a-permanent-resident-yet

Thank you for the contribution. Hopefully one more step in the right direction.. Keep up the good work. 

Thanks mate for ur efforts. It’s a good article as shadow minister also spoke about delays. Hope it make some political pressure and get things run smoothly. Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gurpz said:

New in this forum...

Hi all,

I am a silent follower.. I would love to share my good news with you all .. I have received direct grant this morning at 0846.

Congrats mate. Enjoy your grant. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SukSim said:

What if i go to india and dont notify to home affair, does it effect my visa...any suggestion?

It’s better to notify them about your travelling plan 

10 hours ago, Gurpz said:

New in this forum...

Hi all,

Wow.. nice congratulations buddy!! Did you have to submit your country's Police clearance as well? Some people are being asked for their home country's police clearance again? I know that we have to renew AFP every 12 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nomz said:

Nothing yet

I also from April 2018, after 1st contact I haven’t got anythings. I did complain today... Guys who are stuck after contacting plz complain them so they can back to us. 

• Like 1

Hi Seniors, If dependant has 1 year full time study in Australia.. does this still required to submit functional English proof? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Soni said:

Hi @SukSim, how old is your baby  & was your baby born in Australia? I also have a baby who will be 1 years old while I apply 887 visa in Nov 2019 but my agent told me it is unlikely that we will be asked for babys medical test as she was born in Australia.

no mike, your agent is perfecly wrong, my baby was also born in australia but if they havnt dont medical at all, they will require before applying 887 ,

otherwise you have to suffer a lot time waste

Hello guys, I applied 887 visa  myself yesterday so I got some queries about the questions in the application form. 

1. I put my baby in the accompanying member of the family unit. 

2. I put my father, mother, sisters, and brother in the non accompanying member of the family unit. 

Do you think I did mistake. If so what could be the right answer. Please help me. 

3. In the immi account, in my wife's name section. One of the recommended document needed to upload is Custody Evidence of ( may be the info about my child) . We are genuine and continuing relationship for 4 years. So, what should be uploaded?

4. Haven't done the baby's medical yet because he is born in Australia. Provided the GP letter. Do you think the CO will ask to do medical later?

Hope you guys share your experience. Thanks. 🙂

14 hours ago, empie said:

Wow.. nice congratulations buddy!! Did you have to submit your country's Police clearance as well? Some people are being asked for their home country's police clearance again? I know that we have to renew AFP every 12 months.

Thanks! No I did not update PCC, as I did not travel outside Australia. Yes, AFP was updated even before It got expired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nkc said:

Hello guys, I applied 887 visa  myself yesterday so I got some queries about the questions in the application form. 

1. I put my baby in the accompanying member of the family unit. 

2. I put my father, mother, sisters, and brother in the non accompanying member of the family unit. 

Do you think I did mistake. If so what could be the right answer. Please help me. 

3. In the immi account, in my wife's name section. One of the recommended document needed to upload is Custody Evidence of ( may be the info about my child) . We are genuine and continuing relationship for 4 years. So, what should be uploaded?

4. Haven't done the baby's medical yet because he is born in Australia. Provided the GP letter. Do you think the CO will ask to do medical later?

Hope you guys share your experience. Thanks. 🙂

Father, mother and siblings should be in "other family members", or else they might appear on your medical examination list, but this is a very common mistake and Cos are well aware of it so do not worry, you can submit a incorrect answer form on IMMI account.

13 hours ago, Ak887 said:

I also from April 2018, after 1st contact I haven’t got anythings. I did complain today... Guys who are stuck after contacting plz complain them so they can back to us. 

I already did but no progress

School holidays only start next week in Adelaide. They should be working today. Or am I missing a long weekend which I'm not aware of? Hope they will grant some more applications this week. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Nizam said:

Thanks mate for ur efforts. It’s a good article as shadow minister also spoke about delays. Hope it make some political pressure and get things run smoothly. Cheers

Simply BEST. 

Experts please give suggestions:

I applied 887 on 14th July 2018. I am primary applicant and have my wife and 2 daughters. one of them is 1 year old born in Australia. Yesterday got CO assigned. He has asked me 4 things:

1. Evidence of further stay in regional area. (Asking me for residence and work proof even after lodging 887 and fullfilling 2 year conditions)

2. My functional English test. (says my IELTS expired even before i lodged 887 so i will need to do it again or something similar. )

3. My 1 year old' Medical (This makes sense and am okay with it)

4. Here is where the trouble starts. Last year to get 489 for my elder daughter who was in India i signed a health undertaking. As per that when she gets 489 and comes to Australia she was suppose to undergo a Medical. She got 489, then i arranged Medical, and got it done at Royal Adelaide Hospital. As we know we dont get results for these medicals so we just have to rely on Doctors that they will for sure upload it on immigration. Yesterday my CO says in letter that i failed to get that test done. I called hospital and no one has any information as all this happened in May 2018. I called Bupa(they got it organised with Royal Adelaide Hosp) and they say i cant apply for it again as it is already in system. All that i have regarding this test is appointment confirmation letter both from Bupa and hosp. but nothing after that. please suggest what should i do here..

9 minutes ago, AJEETS said:

Experts please give suggestions:

I applied 887 on 14th July 2018. I am primary applicant and have my wife and 2 daughters. one of them is 1 year old born in Australia. Yesterday got CO assigned. He has asked me 4 things:

1. Evidence of further stay in regional area. (Asking me for residence and work proof even after lodging 887 and fullfilling 2 year conditions)

2. My functional English test. (says my IELTS expired even before i lodged 887 so i will need to do it again or something similar. )

3. My 1 year old' Medical (This makes sense and am okay with it)

4. Here is where the trouble starts. Last year to get 489 for my elder daughter who was in India i signed a health undertaking. As per that when she gets 489 and comes to Australia she was suppose to undergo a Medical. She got 489, then i arranged Medical, and got it done at Royal Adelaide Hospital. As we know we dont get results for these medicals so we just have to rely on Doctors that they will for sure upload it on immigration. Yesterday my CO says in letter that i failed to get that test done. I called hospital and no one has any information as all this happened in May 2018. I called Bupa(they got it organised with Royal Adelaide Hosp) and they say i cant apply for it again as it is already in system. All that i have regarding this test is appointment confirmation letter both from Bupa and hosp. but nothing after that. please suggest what should i do here..

Welcome to the forum @AJEETS

Who was your CO please?

In order to understand where these questions from your CO came from, and to make sure other applicants can avoid these further questions I would like to know if:

Your question 1: further regional stay

Did you move houses after you applied for your 887? If so, did you give that information to your 489 CO? 

Your question 2: IELTS

If you achieved Functional English it is indeed only valid for 1 year. And it also needed to be still valid when applying for 887. If you achieved vocational English or higher it was valid for 3 years. If, in your case, you only had Functional English at the time of your 489 visa application, you will be needed to redo your IELTS again. (although it is not very common that the main applicant needs to redo his test I think)

I cannot help you with question 4 unfortunately, but plenty of other members on this forum can. Sure they will help you out.

22 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

School holidays only start next week in Adelaide. They should be working today. Or am I missing a long weekend which I'm not aware of? Hope they will grant some more applications this week. 

Most of the CO's are on holiday.  They are enjoying their life and we are behind the bar. By the way@Stellajane which part of BD you are from. 

Just now, MZH said:

@Stellajane which part of BD you are from. 

Somebody messed up my country in the tracker once, I'm actually not from BD, I'm from Europe. But happy to call Australia my home now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Welcome to the forum @AJEETS

Who was your CO please?

In order to understand where these questions from your CO came from, and to make sure other applicants can avoid these further questions I would like to know if:

Your question 1: further regional stay

Did you move houses after you applied for your 887? If so, did you give that information to your 489 CO? 

Your question 2: IELTS

If you achieved Functional English it is indeed only valid for 1 year. And it also needed to be still valid when applying for 887. If you achieved vocational English or higher it was valid for 3 years. If, in your case, you only had Functional English at the time of your 489 visa application, you will be needed to redo your IELTS again. (although it is not very common that the main applicant needs to redo his test I think)

I cannot help you with question 4 unfortunately, but plenty of other members on this forum can. Sure they will help you out.

@AJEETS Were you the primary applicant in both 489 & 887 ? 

As per the website and documentation required for 887 primary applicant should not require English test..

image.thumb.png.a499d0e604217e9d0336dec7d7d0c9c0.png

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TTTF said:

@AJEETS Were you the primary applicant in both 489 & 887 ? 

As per the website and documentation required for 887 primary applicant should not require English test..

image.thumb.png.a499d0e604217e9d0336dec7d7d0c9c0.png

99% of main applicants, when applied for 489, would have done their IELTS test over 3 years before applying for 887 (So it is expired). I would assume it is just a CO mistake asking the main applicant for his IELTS Test. Simply. there is no place to upload the English test certificate for the main applicant in IMMI account.

@Stellajane yes i moved house when i was on 489, i gave them my new address in 887 file while lodging it. I am still in same regional area even my last and current post code is same.  Regarding IELTS, yes it expired before i lodged 887 so i understand i may need to do it again. I am the primary applicant. CO Michael.

all other requirements are okay as they are in my control. my only problem is point 4 where hospital has not updated immigration about the medical examination results. I spoke with immigration today and they have escalated it to processing team explaining my situation. lets see what the outcome is.

@TTTF

• Thanks 1