887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Shan4444 said:

Hi Friends. I came to Australia on 04/12/2015 and My first employment started in January 2017. Department has requested to advice how I were financially supported at that period.  Has anyone been asked this question?

Did you mention it on form 80? on work experience section of form 80 you need to outline the period you were unemployed how you fund yourself 

25 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Did you mention it on form 80? on work experience section of form 80 you need to outline the period you were unemployed how you fund yourself 

No. I didn't mention it. Will this issue make a trouble. Because I haven't done a job for almost 1 year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shan4444 said:

No. I didn't mention it. Will this issue make a trouble. Because I haven't done a job for almost 1 year

You should have mentioned period wise input in form 80 whether you were working or not; in case you were working you can mention employers details and period and in case not then accordingly were you student or not working or waiting for job; leaving any details unnecessary delays your application process.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shan4444 said:

it wont be an issue if you were unemployed for one year, you just need to provide a statement informing the department how you were financially support yourself

(I was unemployed between  X/201X - X/201X because I was studying my XX degree during that period, I was financially support by my parents or I was financially support by my savings etc) 

13 hours ago, jmwreck said:

Hi guys, just wanna ask, did you submit/process your PR application by yourself or thru an agent? Who among here went to other (state) regional area and got their PR with no questions asks? 

Hi jmwreck,

I applied through agent, moved from NSW to VIC, I requested the release letter from Orana Region and we moved to VIC Geelong, with all documents I also uploaded release letter and received Direct Grant no questions asked. Applied 31August 2018- grant received on 24September2019.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gurpz said:

Hi jmwreck,

I applied through agent, moved from NSW to VIC, I requested the release letter from Orana Region and we moved to VIC Geelong, with all documents I also uploaded release letter and received Direct Grant no questions asked. Applied 31August 2018- grant received on 24September2019.

Hi Gurpz,

I am on same boat with you. I lived in Dubbo (Orana) for 1 year, moved to Geelong. I applied on 19 Sep 2018. When I emailed council for release letter, they said they do not provide release letter anymore as it is not needed at that time (Aug 2017).

Could you please confirm when did you ask for release letter? 

Thanks

Hi experts ! Can anyone please point me to the right direction here please. It may be a dump question though. Do I have to apply separetely for AFP from my wife and separetely for myself ?

Also which option do I choose from the drop down? While I am applying for AFP am I choosing the purpose of check correctly ?  or we have to use a different drop down ?   I am based in Victoria

image.thumb.png.46f330a06eb7a27c4836b4d08df212fa.png 

Iam applying from https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks .  Wanted to ask which one from the belwo do we have to choose ?  becoz there are different fees 

Fees

The fees for National Police Checks and related services are:

• $42.00 for each National Police Check application from a government department or an individual.
  • $99.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application where fingerprints are supplied to the AFP on application.
  • $139.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application, where fingerprints are taken and processed by the AFP. 

15 minutes ago, Akie said:

Hi experts ! Can anyone please point me to the right direction here please. It may be a dump question though. Do I have to apply separetely for AFP from my wife and separetely for myself ?

Also which option do I choose from the drop down? While I am applying for AFP am I choosing the purpose of check correctly ?  or we have to use a different drop down ?   I am based in Victoria

image.thumb.png.46f330a06eb7a27c4836b4d08df212fa.png 

Iam applying from https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks .  Wanted to ask which one from the belwo do we have to choose ?  becoz there are different fees 

Fees

The fees for National Police Checks and related services are:

• $42.00 for each National Police Check application from a government department or an individual.
  • $99.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application where fingerprints are supplied to the AFP on application.
  • $139.00 for a fingerprint and National Police Check application, where fingerprints are taken and processed by the AFP. 

AFP or PCC have to be for all the individuals who are more than 17 years old. So yes you and your wife will have to apply separately. You have chosen correct option and you need to apply for NPC i.e. AUD 42 option.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nudgee said:

it wont be an issue if you were unemployed for one year, you just need to provide a statement informing the department how you were financially support yourself

(I was unemployed between  X/201X - X/201X because I was studying my XX degree during that period, I was financially support by my parents or I was financially support by my savings etc) 

Thanks nudgee

2 hours ago, Gurpz said:

Hi jmwreck,

Did you moved after applying 887? And release letter is just email or really a letter? Thanks 

3 hours ago, Dee said:

You should have mentioned period wise input in form 80 whether you were working or not; in case you were working you can mention employers details and period and in case not then accordingly were you student or not working or waiting for job; leaving any details unnecessary delays your application process.

Thanks for the advice dee

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nxtung said:

Hi Gurpz,

I am on same boat with you. I lived in Dubbo (Orana) for 1 year, moved to Geelong. I applied on 19 Sep 2018. When I emailed council for release letter, they said they do not provide release letter anymore as it is not needed at that time (Aug 2017).

Could you please confirm when did you ask for release letter? 

Thanks

Hi Nxtung,

I applied for release letter in July 2016 and we moved to Geelong in August 2016.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Gurpz said:

Hi jmwreck,

Thanks and congrats, that's what I thought too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Did you moved after applying 887? And release letter is just email or really a letter? Thanks 

Hi Dave,

No I applied Release letter in July2016.... moved to Vic In Aug 2016- Applied for 887 in Aug 2018..

Release letter was an email CONFIRMATION  from a state.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Gurpz said:

Hi Nxtung,

I applied for release letter in July 2016 and we moved to Geelong in August 2016.

Thanks.

I moved to VIC in early Sep 2017 after living and working in Dubbo 1 year.

Hi Dave,

I think few regions do not allow us to move to the other regions in the first 2 years. They have the requirements since we apply the 489 visa. 

Make sure you read all requirements from the regions which sponsored you before moving to other regions.