887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Hi Dee I am in Adelaide too...

Just want to check if we can get documents certified by JP 2-3 months before applying for 887?

Also is it suggested/beneficial to get PCC done by VFS or can we get it from India directly ?

Per say no harm in doing that but on the contrary i personally would do it at the most week or 10 days before; JP's put date on the stamp so its advisable to have current documents. To be very honest its the easiest thing to do, JP's are very cooperative as they have been doing and attesting 1000's of such documents.

Regarding PCC - Personally i found PCC process very user friendly/easy here so i definitely preferred doing the same from here but again its your choice; i know few people who did the process from India and it was ok.

• Thanks 1

Hi All, 

Not an active member , just wanted to update time line of my visa application to encourage others who are still waiting  long like as i did.

Application submitted > 12 March 2018 From - QLD Regional Area

New Born Added on >  10th August 2018

New born granted Bridge visa>  03 June, 2019

First contact by CO Requesting new PCC and medical check for new born > 26 June June, 2019

Required docs submitted > 09 July 2019

Visa granted for all family members  >  10th October 2019

Whole process took Almost 19 months (1-2 days short only)

Good luck to all who still waiting, hopefully every one will get theirs granted soon as well.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, khans said:

Hi All, 

Not an active member , just wanted to update time line of my visa application to encourage others who are still waiting  long like as i did.

First contact by CO Requesting new PCC and medical check for new born > 26 June June, 2019

Good luck to all who still waiting, hopefully every one will get theirs granted soon as well.

Congratulations! 19 months+ ..... Jesus.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, khans said:

Hi All, 

Congratulations on your grant! Enjoy your new life!

26 minutes ago, khans said:

Hi All, 

Great news, congrats

4 hours ago, Dee said:

VFS will not keep your passport for PCC; all you have to do is take a copy of your passport and get it attested by JP and submit that with your application to VFS.

VFS takes passport only when you apply for new passport i..e in case of renewal of passport etc.

@Dee Got my passport attested by JP today. I will now visit VFS office next week.  @SUDIP in the other comment mentioned that VFS office in melbourne takes the original passport.  Now I am bit confused 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Akie said:

Why do we need to give the original passport to the VFS office in melbourne ? @SUDIP        @Dee is in Adelaide and he said VFS doesnt take the original

Rules are same everywhere; whether you are in India or in Australia (any state) you do not need to deposit original passport. You can call VFS customer service no. and check; customer service no. is available on VFS Australia site.

3 minutes ago, Dee said:

Rules are same everywhere; whether you are in India or in Australia (any state) you do not need to deposit original passport. You can call VFS customer service no. and check; customer service no. is available on VFS Australia site.

just had a call with VFS customer support. Protocols are set by high commision  and in adelaide ofice we dont need to give original  while as in melbourne vfs office we need to give original.  This is soo strange and painful

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Akie said:

just had a call with VFS customer support. Protocols are set by high commision  and in adelaide ofice we dont need to give original  while as in melbourne vfs office we need to give original.  This is soo strange and painful

Very strange indeed coz in India also we never actually submitted original passport; nevertheless you got to do whatever is required; all the best....

Guys quick question- My wife recently got 489 and now she has joined me here in australia.  I am compiling docs for 887 now.  Do i have to add her name in the electricity bills/gas bills/ rental agreement ?  Also do i have to upload the joint bank account summary as well ??  or is there something more that I have to show that she lives with me here? 

Also she got her PCC  in june 2019. She came recently to australia and did not travel back to india or anywere. Do i have to apply for her PCC again in june 2020  ?  Experts advise please