Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Inaz said:

Alhamdhulilla.......

Finally got our GRANT......

Applied : 14/08/2019

Direct grant: 24/10/2019

CO : Wilson 

Applicants : Family (3 applicants) 

My son is 4 years and did his medical for 489 and therefore did not ask for his medical for 887.

Updated docs in June:
- AFP for both me and my wife
- new tenancy agreement

- new employment contract 
- updated overseas police clearance for both me and my wife (we went to home country). 

Thanks for all your support. 

Thanks to almighty....😊😊😊

An August 2018 applicant, congrats mate!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guil said:

You're right, very hard to get a job, just cleaning and hospitality stuffs and uber is very struggled at the moment. I got luck that got a job on my occupation (civil engineering drafter). Rent is very expensive too. Salary very low, I could get a job in Brisbane with  40% higher salary. Townsville I think is worst than Sunshine Coast.... , am I right?

sorry for the off topic. 

Great, we're on the same boat, worked as a bank cleaner in my first couple of months here. Then got recommended to join a farm as a quality controller. Doing another part-time as a construction cleaner just to add to the working hours in the farm.

I'm an architecture draftsman by the way. Do you have any vacancies?😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stellajane said:

@Akie, sad to hear that you think that way. I believe that many people find this forum when they have already applied some time ago, thinking that they would have received their grant sooner. When that doesn't happen they try to find answers and then they find this forum. So for a lot of people filling out the 887 application and form 80 is already been some time ago. Hence that might be that some might be a bit unsure about answering. Also, heaps of information can be found online on the department website also.

Secondly, please note that every case is different. Being married, single, with kids, without kids, partner that came later onto the 489 visa, which state your in and so on. Nobody can give you the exact answer on many questions. We all give answers out of our own experiences. 

I truly believe that most of us are really trying to help one another so I regret that you feel that way.  

@Stellajane: I agree....we always get help.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi congratulations and thanks for sharing your case with us. One question I had is did they ask for your wife's functional English??

 

Thanks,

Josh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Akie said:

@Skaur I beleive people here always are looking for the grants rather than helping here. I also have a same experience. All members have filled the online application 887 but when I asked for help nobody gave a clear answer

Not a fair statement to make; all of us try to help with best abilities whenever we can and with whatever personal experiences we have. Everyone cannot have experience with all the situations hence its always best to either call DIBP or check there site which has step wise details.

Just to share an experience; Yesterday i asked one question and did not get any response doesn't mean that people don't want to help but i would like to believe that members here probably don't have any experience with such situation; its always whether glass is half full or half empty situation; nevertheless all the best!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Akie, with the number of questions and queries that you are making, I suggest you go through an agent. Understand that it is costly but at the end it will save your life and time. Please don't be disrespected but checking your quotes for the last 4 weeks, it seems you have raised queries for each question of the every form form.

 

Happy to help you, but as some friend mentioned here case by case is different and you might not get accurate information.

 

Ta

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doman said:

@Akie, with the number of questions and queries that you are making, I suggest you go through an agent. Understand that it is costly but at the end it will save your life and time. Please don't be disrespected but checking your quotes for the last 4 weeks, it seems you have raised queries for each question of the every form form.

 

Happy to help you, but as some friend mentioned here case by case is different and you might not get accurate information.

 

Ta

@Doman OK so what is this forum actually for? Can you please clarify? I understand everyone's situation is different like some have kids, some are single. Is this forum just to monitor who got the grant and what is the timeline only and then congratulate that person who got the grant and ask him then who is your case officer? Is that what this forum is for? Well I believe this forum is for helping each other with their experiences rather than pointing fingers on each other and referring to agent which is rude. If I know something which I have experience about I definitely share that in the forum and I have been an active member of this forum for quite a while now. So no hard feelings. If you feel offended by answering to anyone's queries then God help you 

Cheers 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Doman OK so what is this forum actually for? Can you please clarify? I understand everyone's situation is different like some have kids, some are single. Is this forum just to monitor who got the grant and what is the timeline only and then congratulate that person who got the grant and ask him then who is your case officer? Is that what this forum is for? Well I believe this forum is for helping each other with their experiences rather than pointing fingers on each other and referring to agent which is rude. If I know something which I have experience about I definitely share that in the forum and I have been an active member of this forum for quite a while now. So no hard feelings. If you feel offended by answering to anyone's queries then God help you 

Cheers 

@AkieNot sure you feel you got offended and feel people are rude if they advise you to consult with agent. We are trying to avoid misleading you or giving you wrong answers. 

I am sure this form is here to help everyone to proceed on his/her application if they have basic understanding of the 887 Visa application. But you are gonna be fair. I personally answered at least 5 questions to you in private messages and minimum 5 questions in this forum. I am sure some others did the same thing to you. Trying to understand why you got upset. lets be a bit fair my friend. 

 

As i said, happy to help you further...

 

Cheers,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ricky said:

Anyone already on Bridging Visa A 489 expired still waiting for 887?

I am on bridging visa, 489 already expired in Sep 2018

waiting for 887

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Doman OK so what is this forum actually for? Can you please clarify? I understand everyone's situation is different like some have kids, some are single. Is this forum just to monitor who got the grant and what is the timeline only and then congratulate that person who got the grant and ask him then who is your case officer? Is that what this forum is for? Well I believe this forum is for helping each other with their experiences rather than pointing fingers on each other and referring to agent which is rude. If I know something which I have experience about I definitely share that in the forum and I have been an active member of this forum for quite a while now. So no hard feelings. If you feel offended by answering to anyone's queries then God help you 

Cheers 

Listen mate, this is a voluntary forum, and is very helpful. It just seems that you are frustrated when you do not get an immediate answer to your queries, this is not an on-demand service. We can only give opinions. Some of us had to pay for advice through agents so you have no right to make demands. Get off your high horse and if you don't like what you see then take some $ out of your pocket and pay an agent.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Listen mate, this is a voluntary forum, and is very helpful. It just seems that you are frustrated when you do not get an immediate answer to your queries, this is not an on-demand service. We can only give opinions. Some of us had to pay for advice through agents so you have no right to make demands. Get off your high horse and if you don't like what you see then take some $ out of your pocket and pay an agent.

@TakeItOnTheChin Mate it looks like u are more frustrated because of waiting times. Listen mate I neither demanded for help nor i am begging anyone to help. If anyone can help with what he has experieced that is always appreciated. I just gave my opinion as to what everyone is here for and  I beleive everyone is here to share their experiences. Redirecting to agent anyone can do that

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Akie said:

@TakeItOnTheChin Mate it looks like u are more frustrated because of waiting times. Listen mate I neither demanded for help nor i am begging anyone to help. If anyone can help with what he has experieced that is always appreciated. I just gave my opinion as to what everyone is here for and  I beleive everyone is here to share their experiences. Redirecting to agent anyone can do that

I have no frustrations, only negative members like you that create a bad vibe. Yes anyone can get an agent, including you

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Preax said:

Does this mean Tianjin was contacted within 5 months?

image.thumb.png.4941913d5074c438941febdd1a58dbfa.png

Yes-I categorically remember this as this was mentioned in forum in April 2019.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Preax said:

Does this mean Tianjin was contacted within 5 months?

image.thumb.png.4941913d5074c438941febdd1a58dbfa.png

I do believe so yes. Occasionally we have got those lucky odd ones that get contacted very quickly but this does not mean that he will also receive his grant soon. He might be in for the long wait also. We will never understand how it works.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dee said:

Yes-I categorically remember this as this was mentioned in forum in April 2019.

if he had everything uploaded he would have got his visa within 6 months 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I do believe so yes. Occasionally we have got those lucky odd ones that get contacted very quickly but this does not mean that he will also receive his grant soon. He might be in for the long wait also. We will never understand how it works.

I somehow feel that i should not get contacted for anything other than direct grant as file goes back in que😆

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

I do believe so yes. Occasionally we have got those lucky odd ones that get contacted very quickly but this does not mean that he will also receive his grant soon. He might be in for the long wait also. We will never understand how it works.

the website says they still process applications that were received in August 2018, thats a bit confusing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Preax said:

the website says they still process applications that were received in August 2018, thats a bit confusing. 

As I said, we will never understand how they actually work.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dee said:

I somehow feel that i should not get contacted for anything other than direct grant as file goes back in que😆

We all do and it is such a scary feeling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

We all do and it is such a scary feeling. 

I made my consultant check all the documents once again;

Just hoping for the best for everyone; its the hardest thing to be on 489 but well we chose this; But i am sure we will emerge strongest, rational and successful.... Its not easy to stand these conditions....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Preax said:

the website says they still process applications that were received in August 2018, thats a bit confusing. 

I think this is just to put a recent month so that it look good...

they can't mention that they have not touched complete files from JAN, FEB or may be earlier 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

As I said, we will never understand how they actually work.

Because we have one sided version of this process.. most of which are assumptions based on experience or how an individual case was processed. 

Fair process would be like.. Department clearly states what will be the process like till you receive the grant. .. end of the day it is service provided and fees charged. 

Step 1  - Application submission

2. - Case allocation by XX time

3. verification of the case XX time 

4. Questions/Clarification XX time

5. Decision  XX time post submission to step 4

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use