887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 10/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, KC01 said:

I think so you should write a letter to immi and let them your situation. It might work

1 hour ago, Freddy said:

Strangely, no one from those who received the generic e-mail got his his grant!!!!

They only sent an email to people who complained?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAS said:

If you complain about your application processing time or want to know the status does this make any difference or any impact on application .  Mine is already on 1year  & 2nd week running. thanks fellows

You would not think that but there is nothing to lose by putting in a friendly request/complaint

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Federal Government Media Release – Regional Australia

The definition of regional Australia for migration purposes will also change. Perth and the Gold Coast will no longer be classified as major cities, ensuring they remain an attractive destination for skilled migrants and international students.

The new definition will come into effect on 16 November.

The following areas will be considered regional -

Perth

Adelaide

Gold Coast

Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie

Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong

Hobart

As well as any other smaller regions outside Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane

The change will have no impact on the state governments Skilled Migration Occupation Lists, which remain the same.

Source:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Federal Government Media Release – Regional Australia

The definition of regional Australia for migration purposes will also change. Perth and the Gold Coast will no longer be classified as major cities, ensuring they remain an attractive destination for skilled migrants and international students.

The new definition will come into effect on 16 November.

The following areas will be considered regional -

Perth

Adelaide

Gold Coast

Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie

Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong

Hobart

As well as any other smaller regions outside Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane

The change will have no impact on the state governments Skilled Migration Occupation Lists, which remain the same.

Source:

Great news, but the main question for many remains. Would we, as 489 people be allowed to go and live in these new regional areas on our current and already approved 489 visa?

There is no such info available yet I think. I have been looking for it but cannot find anything.

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Great news, but the main question for many remains. Would we, as 489 people be allowed to go and live in these new regional areas on our current and already approved 489 visa?

There is no such info available yet I think. I have been looking for it but cannot find anything.

Yes if they change the condition 8539 which have all the pin codes ...

1 minute ago, jaknap3 said:

Yes if they change the condition 8539 which have all the pin codes ...

Hmm, I am not so sure about it still as I have always learned that your visa is to comply to the conditions as they were gazetted the day of your grant. Meaning that all our approved 489's, which are from prior 15 nov 2019 - when these new regional areas will be enforced - shall not fall under these conditions. So for now, I think we need to be careful still until it is cleary confirmed and gazetted.

Hi everyone, 

I lodged my application for 887 visa in September 2019 and therefore creating account to join this group. Although I have lodged my application, I still have some doubts on the following matters that I want to seek advice from you, especially from one who have been granted recently. 

1. English requirement for partner: IELTS test for partner submitted when applying for visa 489 2 years ago and this IELTS certificate already expired now. I did not submit anything for "proof of functional english for partner. As per DHA website, proof of functional english is required for dependent > 18 years, however, it seems that partner is not a dependent - extract from DHA re definition of a dependent is as followings. So my question is, does my partner has to re-take IELTS and submit result? Anyone did not submit and was asked? Or can I submit the expired IELTS which was submitted earlier during 489 application?

A dependant is:

• someone who has wholly or substantially relied on mostly you for a substantial period of time to meet their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter 
  • someone who has wholly or substantially relied on you for a substantial period of time for financial support because they can't work due to a mental or physical disability

2. Re health examination: all of us had health check during 489 application. However, one of my friends suggested that if we enroll to medicare, and have claim, based on history recorded in medicare, DHA may request us to have health check again. Is is true? Anyone has been requested to undergo health check when applying 887 due to this reason?

Appreciate your advice. Thank you very much,

Tracy 

@Tracy D I do believe that your partner has to redo his IELTS again when you say that his test has expired.

All secondary applicants (meaning partners and or children over 18 yrs) have to proof level of English. Regarding IELTS test, only the functional level of English (at least 4.5 on each component) is valid for  12 months, from vocational English (at least 5 on each component) the IELTS test results are valid for 3 years. 

See information regarding that below:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

It is very uncommon, or I can say that I haven't even heard of it that DHA request another health examination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Victor said:

We have still have not heard anything applied 29th August 2019

Today we complete 14 months no contact whatsoever from immigration 

Barring the Email we all received 

We are with you mate... applied 24 August, 2018. No contact from immi whatsoever.  

After we got that generic email, we updated all the documents...but still nothing.

Hope we all get the direct grants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Navdeep047 said:

We are with you mate... applied 24 August, 2018. No contact from immi whatsoever.  

After we got that generic email, we updated all the documents...but still nothing.

Hope we all get the direct grants.

We are too... applied 17 August, 2018. No contact yet. 

• Like 1