887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys- Quick question in regards to medicare after we apply for 887.  Do we have to take an appointment at the medicare office for getting a medicare card or we can go as a walkin as well. Also do we have to just take the passport and only the bridging visa or there is something else we have to take also ? 

2 hours ago, 887 2019 said:

Hopefully today Co s clear will the may 2018 applicants .Gud luck guys

Good morning Everyone

I would like to share my happiness with all of you

Today on 29/10/19, finally i have received that golden email

Yes you are right  I have recieved 887 - visa grant letter 🙂 🙂

Thank you everyone for your continuous support

date of application is 21-5-18

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

Thank you every one for sharing your experience and giving us the strength and hope to continue 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Akie said:

Hi guys- Quick question in regards to medicare after we apply for 887.  Do we have to take an appointment at the medicare office for getting a medicare card or we can go as a walkin as well. Also do we have to just take the passport and only the bridging visa or there is something else we have to take also ? 

You can go walk in; carry your passport, 887 application filing receipt which has all the details of bridging visa (in my case my consultant gave me print out so dont know from where exactly he took p-out from). We also took our licenses with us as address proof in case asked and i dont recall them asking for same.

One very important thing i forgot to add is that you have to also download medicare forms and fill the same. Please take a printout of that and carry with you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Richu said:

Good morning Everyone

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

Thank you every one for sharing your experience and giving us the strength and hope to continue 

Awesome news; ;congratulations....

4 minutes ago, Richu said:

Good morning Everyone

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

Fantastic mate!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Richu said:

Good morning Everyone

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

Co Regina marked in office today, the next Co is ....?

• Haha 1

Good morning Everyone
Yes you are right  I have recieved 887 - visa grant letter [emoji846] [emoji846]
first contact 10-6-19 
granted on 29-10-19
CO  Regina

Fantastic....Great news....

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Why CO Wilson should have all the fun.... 🙂 

Because he moves forward the queue as he usually is assigned for newer applications, which I like (for my case).

But I'm really happy to hear older applications do get granted also. They truly deserve it as they have been waiting the longest now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richu said:

Good morning Everyone

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

Congrats mate. Enjoy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akie said:

Take your passport and copy of your 887 bridging Visa to the nearest Centrelink office.  You do not need an appointment. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

Take your passport and copy of your 887 bridging Visa to the nearest Centrelink office.  You do not need an appointment. 

@MZH Thanks. Is it the same medicare card which the Permenent residents get or it is something different. Does it have similar benefits to what PR holders get ?  Is it necessary to have private health insurance after we get medicare card ? Just curious to know. 

2 hours ago, Richu said:

Good morning Everyone

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

many congrats 

28 minutes ago, Akie said:

@MZH Thanks. Is it the same medicare card which the Permenent residents get or it is something different. Does it have similar benefits to what PR holders get ?  Is it necessary to have private health insurance after we get medicare card ? Just curious to know. 

Hi

It is Interim Medicare card, most probably valid for 1 year. But it will automatically renewed and deliverd to your address before end of interim period.

You will get all medical benifits similar to PR holders.

No need to get Private Health insurance after medicare it covers all general requirements.

Once you will get it, you will be liable to pay 2% Medicare leavy  of your Taxable income in your Tax. It will start from the date of issue and can be apportioned for that FY.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SUDIP said:

Hi

It is Interim Medicare card, most probably valid for 1 year. But it will automatically renewed and deliverd to your address before end of interim period.

No need to get Private Health insurance after medicare it covers all general requirements.

Once you will get it, you will be liable to pay 2% Medicare leavy  of your Taxable income in your Tax. It will start from the date of issue and can be apportioned for that FY.

Thanks

Hi, 887 bridging visa? Does it mean we can apply from the day when Bridging visa comes into effect or the day when apply 887 visa? 

53 minutes ago, SUDIP said:

Hi

Thanks

Just to add that medicare card will not cover your ambulance cover in case required; you will need private insurance for ambulance cover.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dee said:

Just to add that medicare card will not cover your ambulance cover in case required; you will need private insurance for ambulance cover.

@Dee I have already done 1 year couple family subscription with VIC ambulance. So i think its best to unsubscribe from the private health insurance after I get a medicare card. What are your thoughts ??