887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 minutes ago, Akie said:

@Dee I have already done 1 year couple family subscription with VIC ambulance. So i think its best to unsubscribe from the private health insurance after I get a medicare card. What are your thoughts ?? 

What about medicare levy surcharges in addition to medicare levy??

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Akie said:

@Dee I think medicare gives exactly the same benefits what private health insuarance Bupa gives

Not exactly; you have to go through waiting times if you dont have private insurance; also with private insurance dental also can be covered; so i mentioned its entirely your choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akie said:

@MZH Thanks. Is it the same medicare card which the Permenent residents get or it is something different. Does it have similar benefits to what PR holders get ?  Is it necessary to have private health insurance after we get medicare card ? Just curious to know. 

It is an intrim medicare card but benefits are probably the same. It is up to you weather you keep the private health insurance or not. If you afford then  you can keep you private health insurance .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel depress because of this. They don’t care about our mental well being

Its very hard but please hang in there; every day is important as time never comes back. You will get PR very soon but till then don't deprive yourself of small little things...take care

Either you post it or complain, it is up to the minister's discretion  to grant the 887 visa or  suspend processing of visa applications under s 84 of Migration Act 1958 (Cth).

Once they use the s 84 to slow or suspend the processing of the 887 visa, no act is to be done in relation to any application for a visa of the class concerned until the resumption day.

We will die on the bridging visas.

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Yip it's confusing and we have given trying to understand his issues? Not sure why he does not just scroll up?

Either you post it or complain, it is up to the minister's discretion  to grant the 887 visa or  suspend processing of visa applications under s 84 of Migration Act 1958 (Cth).

Once they use the s 84 to slow or suspend the processing of the 887 visa, no act is to be done in relation to any application for a visa of the class concerned until the resumption day.

We will die on the bridging visas.

7 hours ago, Richu said:

Good morning Everyone

I would like to share my happiness with all of you

Today on 29/10/19, finally i have received that golden email

Yes you are right  I have recieved 887 - visa grant letter 🙂 🙂

Thank you everyone for your continuous support

date of application is 21-5-18

first contact 10-6-19 

granted on 29-10-19

CO  Regina

Thank you every one for sharing your experience and giving us the strength and hope to continue 

Congratulations 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, 

I have a very quick question regarding 2 years residence requirement. I have completed two years in regional area but I went overseas for total 6 weeks in two years. Is it ok to apply for 887 or do I need to wait for six weeks before applying.? Has anyone been granted 887 in this type of situation?

AN expert opinion is required

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samizdat said:

Hello everyone I am a silent follower of this forum.

Finally the wait is over 

applied 22/05/2018

first contact  11/06/2019 for baby medical 

updated AFP 25/09/2019

grant today (29/10/2019)
CO Regina 

Thank you 

Congrats.  Enjoy your freedom. 

14 minutes ago, Qasim Javed said:

Hello Everyone, 

I have a very quick question regarding 2 years residence requirement. I have completed two years in regional area but I went overseas for total 6 weeks in two years. Is it ok to apply for 887 or do I need to wait for six weeks before applying.? Has anyone been granted 887 in this type of situation?

AN expert opinion is required

I would strongly suggest to wait for another 6 weeks then apply. 

Either you post it or complain, it is up to the minister's discretion  to grant the 887 visa or  suspend processing of visa applications under s 84 of Migration Act 1958 (Cth).

Once they use the s 84 to slow or suspend the processing of the 887 visa, no act is to be done in relation to any application for a visa of the class concerned until the resumption day.

We will die on the bridging visas