887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi everyone, can help anyone, recently i lodged 887, I done minor mistake in form 80, my wife done 12th in overseas but I mentioned country of completion Australia . Her passport expiry date was 6 sep but by mistake, we typed 8 sep. is that serious matter, but I attached her 12th school certificate and passport. Please let me know any expert. It’s gonna be effect on my file?please expert

2 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Hello Everyone, 

I have a very quick question regarding 2 years residence requirement. I have completed two years in regional area but I went overseas for total 6 weeks in two years. Is it ok to apply for 887 or do I need to wait for six weeks before applying.? Has anyone been granted 887 in this type of situation?

AN expert opinion is required

3 weeks per year is fine and considered average leave, you do not need to wait an extra 6 weeks, you have completed the residency period already

2 hours ago, X76804 said:

Either you post it or complain, it is up to the minister's discretion  to grant the 887 visa or  suspend processing of visa applications under s 84 of Migration Act 1958 (Cth).

Once they use the s 84 to slow or suspend the processing of the 887 visa, no act is to be done in relation to any application for a visa of the class concerned until the resumption day.

We will die on the bridging visas

dont be to negative bro ......patience  

3 hours ago, Narinderjit Singh said:

Hi everyone, can help anyone, recently i lodged 887, I done minor mistake in form 80, my wife done 12th in overseas but I mentioned country of completion Australia . Her passport expiry date was 6 sep but by mistake, we typed 8 sep. is that serious matter, but I attached her 12th school certificate and passport. Please let me know any expert. It’s gonna be effect on my file?please expert

it should be fine but if you are really concerned there is correction form you can fill (mention incorrect answer and correct answer) and submit 

find the link below 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1023.pdf

Hello Everyone, 
I have a very quick question regarding 2 years residence requirement. I have completed two years in regional area but I went overseas for total 6 weeks in two years. Is it ok to apply for 887 or do I need to wait for six weeks before applying.? Has anyone been granted 887 in this type of situation?
I lodged my application last November with 6.5 weeks overseas. I think if you didn't stay for over 4 weeks a year, then it should be alright. 6 weeks overseas in total out of 104 weeks (2 years) is considerably acceptable. We work, and we need some leisure time. Thats the common sense. But if you haven't lodged your application, and want to be on the safe side without any dramas, just wait for another 6 weeks and apply. My theory might be wrong and I am risking it with my application :( so finger crossed.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, X76804 said:

Either you post it or complain, it is up to the minister's discretion  to grant the 887 visa or  suspend processing of visa applications under s 84 of Migration Act 1958 (Cth).

Once they use the s 84 to slow or suspend the processing of the 887 visa, no act is to be done in relation to any application for a visa of the class concerned until the resumption day.

We will die on the bridging visas

you are awesome ....

20 hours ago, SUDIP said:

Hi

It is Interim Medicare card, most probably valid for 1 year. But it will automatically renewed and deliverd to your address before end of interim period.

You will get all medical benifits similar to PR holders.

No need to get Private Health insurance after medicare it covers all general requirements.

Once you will get it, you will be liable to pay 2% Medicare leavy  of your Taxable income in your Tax. It will start from the date of issue and can be apportioned for that FY.

Thanks

What about the emergency services like ambulance.My private insurance says interim card do not support the ambulance services.I did not check with medicare.Can someone clear this?

6 minutes ago, MPK said:

What about the emergency services like ambulance.My private insurance says interim card do not support the ambulance services.I did not check with medicare.Can someone clear this?

Medicare does not provide ambulance services. It is either state provided or you will need private ambulance cover for it. So far as I know only Queensland does provide it under their council rates. 

15 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Hello Everyone, 

You should be fine as 4 weeks in one year is acceptable and treated as annual leave.

18 minutes ago, Dee said:

You should be fine as 4 weeks in one year is acceptable and treated as annual leave.

But I can't find this information documented on any immigration websites. 

Is it a general understanding ?

are you aware of any such cases where CO have raised objections for annual holidays?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

But I can't find this information documented on any immigration websites. 

Is it a general understanding ?

are you aware of any such cases where CO have raised objections for annual holidays?

I am not aware of any case where CO has raised objection; i also took 4 weeks of annual leave in one year and as per my MARA consultant its fine. At the most if you have any doubt then i highly recommend calling DIBP.

• Thanks 1

@ali Kash

You can follow the progress on the following tracker.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#

The above link works/loads the fastest (I reckon), but you cannot amend anything in there. (Which I do not mind)

The following link is the same tracker on which you can add yourself.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Skaur said:

Hello everyone, anybody applied for vfs police clearance recently? How long it takes? Thanks 

@Skaur I applied from VFS melbourne for PCC  in person on 22nd oct but still no update. The Processing time varies on case to case basis.Average processing time is between 5 working days to 45 working days. I am also waiting for it. Usually it takes 2 weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akie said:

@Skaur I applied from VFS melbourne for PCC  in person on 22nd oct but still no update. The Processing time varies on case to case basis.Average processing time is between 5 working days to 45 working days. I am also waiting for it. Usually it takes 2 weeks

Thanks for reply. I applied through post and they didn't even confirm that they have received my application. I am trying to ring them since last week but their phone line is not working probably 

13 minutes ago, ali Kash said:

As news visa will start from 16 Nov 2019 replacing 489 Visa. Is it possible that the processing time for 887 will reduce. 

I cannot see how the new visas commencing on 16 November 2019 will reduce processing times for 887 applications. Quite simply they needed CO's to process 489 visas and now they will need the same CO's to process the new visas instead. I have noticed however that other permanent visas such as 189's are being reduced drastically, so hopefully that kind of change may lead to more resources being available to tackle 887 processing. That however is all speculation and none of us really know what is happening regarding processing in the department.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Skaur said:

Hello everyone, anybody applied for vfs police clearance recently? How long it takes? Thanks 

Where are you based? In Adelaide it took us 7 working days. We applied at VFS Adelaide office and got Indian PCC precisely in 7 working days. Also you can track your application.