887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

9 minutes ago, Victor said:

Thanks Dee

Will do that. 

They are predicting severe changes for us on Friday We hope we can leave before that we live just outside Cobargo which was completely decimated 

and on the other side of us is Eden which is still burning 

God Bless you and everyone who is facing these challenging times....All the best; we are praying for everyone and for this country🙏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Just another query :-

I went overseas for 5 weeks in this December (2019) and had not taken any holidays last year. 

So will this 5 weeks be considered in 2 years period (18-19) or for 1 year period (2019)?

You should be alright; 4-5 weeks once a year is alright as annual leave. This leave is normally considered yearly thing but as i mentioned you should be alright. All the best!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lan said:

we got pr today

family of 4

applies 12/10/18

yeah yeah 

Congratulations mate!!

I have applied on 4th October18, I have not been contacted yet...hope I get my golden email soon..

Is Anyone else waiting from October 2018?

Thanks 

Edited by Andy.L

31 minutes ago, Victor said:

Hi Dee,

We were told by immigration if we evacuate or relocate we need to contact immigration as we do not fulfil our criteria to live in a  designated area.

And this could effect our visa.

what that's unbelievable???

Edited by Dee

Hi all,

I am currently filling up form 80 (Employment History) for 887 visa application. It looks like below (example);

1. Date from                    Date to                          Name of company

Jan 2012                    Dec 2012                         XYZ cleaning company

Mar 2011                    Mar 2012                        ABC cleaning company

As per the example, I have started work in one company from Jan 2012 before resigning from old company in Mar 2012, SO basically I was working for both the jobs.

Now my worry is, will case officer ask me why I had 2 jobs on a student visa as I was breaching my student visa conditions by working more than 20 hours. I asked migration agent but he told me it's not a problem as I have already completed my student visa & my current visa is 489 so not to worry. Please advise me members, did any of members had similar situation like mine where they have put employment history in form 80 & got visa grant without CO asking any questions. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mon Badhaur said:

Hi all,

I am currently filling up form 80 (Employment History) for 887 visa application. It looks like below (example);

1. Date from                    Date to                          Name of company

Jan 2012                    Dec 2012                         XYZ cleaning company

Mar 2011                    Mar 2012                        ABC cleaning company

As per the example, I have started work in one company from Jan 2012 before resigning from old company in Mar 2012, SO basically I was working for both the jobs.

Now my worry is, will case officer ask me why I had 2 jobs on a student visa as I was breaching my student visa conditions by working more than 20 hours. I asked migration agent but he told me it's not a problem as I have already completed my student visa & my current visa is 489 so not to worry. Please advise me members, did any of members had similar situation like mine where they have put employment history in form 80 & got visa grant without CO asking any questions. Thanks

If this is the case this could have been a problem for 489 itself also.  

14 hours ago, Mon Badhaur said:

Hi all,

This should have been a problem when you would have filed for TR (489) after your student visa. It should be ok for 887 as your  migration agent has conveyed. So i guess listen to your migration agent as they are the experts.

17 hours ago, Victor said:

Hi Dee,

We were told by immigration if we evacuate or relocate we need to contact immigration as we do not fulfil our criteria to live in a  designated area.

And this could effect our visa.

I don't think it will be case, It is a national emergency and been safe is utmost priority and rest of the things are secondary to it. looks like you have spoken at contact center, who would have just provided you a standard response.

The situation is not within your control and it is as directed by the authorities and hence you will be fine. You can write to them stating your situation, given the timeline of responses, cannot see  a response coming through  in a swift manner. Still you should write to them and make it official. 

But also remember evacuation will basically done on threat level and if it goes down you will need to return where you reside currently( which you would). As moving then will not be justified. 

It is a  wait, watch and act situation. Be safe. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TTTF said:

I don't think it will be case, It is a national emergency and been safe is utmost priority and rest of the things are secondary to it. looks like you have spoken at contact center, who would have just provided you a standard response.

The situation is not within your control and it is as directed by the authorities and hence you will be fine. You can write to them stating your situation, given the timeline of responses, cannot see  a response coming through  in a swift manner. Still you should write to them and make it official. 

But also remember evacuation will basically done on threat level and if it goes down you will need to return where you reside currently( which you would). As moving then will not be justified. 

It is a  wait, watch and act situation. Be safe. 

Exactly, the response is from a Call Center people who advise what has been scripted, they don't usually recommend or give any advise. After all we are humans and it is completely understandable on a natural justice, you should be all right.