Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Hans said:

Hi guys,

I am new to this page.

can someone add me on the excel spreedsheet.

My details:

current visa: 489 (family sponsored)

Applied for 887 on 4th march 2019

No contact yet

Hi Hans,

i'm currently on a 489(family sponsored) visa and about to lodge for 887 visa this month. I just have a question it would great if you could help. When filling out the form for 887 visa should I reply yes or no when asked about whether I stayed in a regional area(does it also include designated area as i stayed in Melbourne throughout my residency)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nsingh said:

How do we know the number of files in subsequent months ? Also one of my friends about to lodge 887 and her agent gave her the documents stating the processing time 9-15 months. Not sure if it’s the outdated one?

Tracker maintained in this forum is one way.. though it will not cover 100% population of  all the applicants. Can give some indication/correlation  to the processing timeline. 

Best source will be the department under FOI -  Freedom of Information to get accurate details of total number for applicants. 

Not sure how did agent come up with 9-15 months.. as of now it is 18 months for 90% of the application as per the website. Lets c what's the update in January should happen sometime soon. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best guess for 887 visa processing time might be the following 

 

75%  = 15 months

90% = 18 months. 
 

“The department is assessing applications submitted before December 2018”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is sad but My best guess for 887 visa processing time might be the following 

 

75%  = 18 months

90% = 20 months  
 

“The department is assessing applications submitted before Novemeber 2018

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andy.L said:

No, nothing at all...very sad and disappointing..

How About you?

I booked an immigration lawyer today and had a meeting with her. Discussed the situation and she thinks that the system mail i got back in September for renewal of my police checks also means that I got case officer assigned back in September. But due to the origin or my country she said they have a set of checks they go through to verify the authenticity of documents provide, she said I can get reply any time soon. If not then in April on 18th month mark I can pay them to represent me and they can follow up till I get my grant. 
life is just on hold due to this, not even motivated to find a new job in this shitty town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Awesome news mate, enjoy your freedom. Can I send you private massage if you don’t mind?

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk
 

Sure

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Normally they would only ask for a new health assessment if you have not had one before or if you may be from a high risk country. Have you had a health assessment for your 489 and which country do you originate from, if you don't mind me asking? Do you hios y

an agent?

Yes. Before coming to Australia. We both have undergo through health assessment for 489 visa. And we are from high risk country. No...  we dont have any agent for 887 visa. But I never heard anyone from country have done medical for 887 visa except new born baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 887 visa said:

What you provided for your partner’s english proof?please explain

Ielts again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Anna said:

I booked an immigration lawyer today and had a meeting with her. Discussed the situation and she thinks that the system mail i got back in September for renewal of my police checks also means that I got case officer assigned back in September. But due to the origin or my country she said they have a set of checks they go through to verify the authenticity of documents provide, she said I can get reply any time soon. If not then in April on 18th month mark I can pay them to represent me and they can follow up till I get my grant. 
life is just on hold due to this, not even motivated to find a new job in this shitty town.

What country are you from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have checked my immi more than 20 times today, I applied on 5.12.18. I hope they open Nov and Dec files together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pako said:

I have checked my immi more than 20 times today, I applied on 5.12.18. I hope they open Nov and Dec files together

One of my mate got his grant today he applied 2 Dec 2018 it was direct grant 

CO wilson

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One of my mate got his grant today he applied 2 Dec 2018 it was direct grant 
CO wilson


OMG unbelievable , thanks for sharing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ricky said:

One of my mate got his grant today he applied 2 Dec 2018 it was direct grant 

CO wilson

Wow , that’s awesome 🤞🤞🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One of my mate got his grant today he applied 2 Dec 2018 it was direct grant 
CO wilson
Are you sure mate? It was 2 Dec 2018? It was Sunday, I applied on 3 Dec 2018 on Monday. Please double check with your friend.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an email address to contact the Department so that we can complain about the due Visas. I have gone onto the Complaints page but i can't even send anything on the feedback tab.

Anyone due for their grants now should say something before they increase the waiting time again.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Are you sure mate? It was 2 Dec 2018? It was Sunday, I applied on 3 Dec 2018 on Monday. Please double check with your friend.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk
 

We can apply on any day mate. Online application runs all days n times..

Edited by kumar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI all!   Yesterday CO asked for health assessment of us including our new born baby. But today I checked immi account. There is no action required. HAP ids are disappeared. Totally freaked out. What should I do now? Need advice please! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sarsan said:

HI all!   Yesterday CO asked for health assessment of us including our new born baby. But today I checked immi account. There is no action required. HAP ids are disappeared. Totally freaked out. What should I do now? Need advice please! 

They must've picked up their mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Robin Joseph said:

Hi Hans,

i'm currently on a 489(family sponsored) visa and about to lodge for 887 visa this month. I just have a question it would great if you could help. When filling out the form for 887 visa should I reply yes or no when asked about whether I stayed in a regional area(does it also include designated area as i stayed in Melbourne throughout my residency)?

Hi robin. 
i am also family sponsored 887 applicant... answer to your question 

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

What country are you from?

@anna 

Can you please share the country you from?... also dont pay the lawyer as you almost there... why you have to pay a big money for absolutely nothing.... you will be fine 

my prayers with you and all other 887 applicants 🙂

Edited by agk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use