887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I spoke to lawyer yesterday about this she said once 489 over and bridging visa gets activated you are free to move anywhere as it doesn’t come with any conditions. @Mesum

My lawyer said the same thing... 

1) if you apply for 887 while your 489 is still valid. You need to comply the conditions of your 489 visa.

2) If you apply for 887 when you 489 is to expire, you get bridging visa which has no restriction and you are free to move. 

But most people prefer to stay in regional till their application for 887 is finalized. 

• Like 1

If you are on bridging visa and move to a new city trying to find a job on bridging will be difficult also sometimes housing , so it makes sense to stay in regional working at your current employment until the visa 887 is granted , since there are no conditions mentioned i think it's up to if you want to move to non regional while on bridging or not , i would say if you are already employed in regional and have a rental home then stay the extra few months 

47 minutes ago, Anna said:

I paid freaking $350 for her 1 hour appointment. Thats how much I am sure about😂😂. You can call immi to clear rest of the doubts but bridging visa also states that if you have the copy with you. You can read it through.

My lawyer said that too. You are free to go after your visa 489 expire and your bridging visa is active.

19 minutes ago, KC01 said:

I called immi and they told me that we are free to go once you are on bridging visa. 

Even though Call center is official source, it provides general information on visa and related issues (Recorded Disclaimer is provided at the start of the call)  This is a specific question cannot rely on the information received from the call center to make decisions. It is advisable to have it in writing from the relevant department if anyone wants to make a decision relating to any move.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I applied on 10 December 2018, my son was 16 at the time, but he has now turned 18 during the wait for 887 approval

Same here i applied in March 2019 and my daughter will turn 18 in Feb 2020; did you fill in and upload form 47a?

Edited by Dee

1 minute ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

No, because he was 16 at the time of application

Same here but my consultant told me that if we do not get PR before my daughter turns 18 we should immediately upload when she turns 18. Nothing to lose eh so i will do as he suggested.

Just now, Dee said:

Same here but my consultant told me that if we do not get PR before my daughter turns 18 we should immediately upload when she turns 18. Nothing to lose eh so i will do as he suggested.

Agreed, good idea? Do you think they then might also request the 18 year old to prove functional English, even though they were under 18 at the time of application? This issue does concern me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Agreed, good idea? Do you think they then might also request the 18 year old to prove functional English, even though they were under 18 at the time of application? This issue does concern me

I did check with my consultant but he said that we are providing local school certificates at the time of filing 887 and with 47a will again provide same including University admission proof and school certificates. Better safe than sorry i really dont want to waste time; anyways will have to pay International Uni fee for one semester.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

2 December 2018 grant can't be legit. 5 November then 8 November seams more accurate. I could be wrong.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Does it matter?? My bit - Lets not judge and pray to almighty that all of us get the golden email as soon as possible.....Also I believe anything is possible

Edited by Dee

Does it matter?? My bit - Lets not judge and pray to almighty that all of us get the golden email as soon as possible.....Also I believe anything is possible
It does matter for me, cause I applied on 3 December 2018. Every single moment is like another year for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maxzone said:

It does matter for me, cause I applied on 3 December 2018. Every single moment is like another year for me.

Don't worry u are almost there and soon will receive "the golden email"....all the best!!!!

• Like 1