887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

ok

I have submitted letter from college stating that medium of study during the course was English. 

If we reach college again to get that certificate again then it will only change the date and rest of the content remains same. 

Is it suggested to get fresh letter from college as a functional English proof?

You should be fine and do not need to get another letter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all, does anyone know if I can go on holiday (overseas) whilst my 887 visa application is in its ‘further assessment’ stage? My 489 is still valid, so I can travel on this. If I apply for a visa (to enter the overseas country for my 1x week holiday), will it effect my current 887 visa application? Thank you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sofee said:

Hello all, does anyone know if I can go on holiday (overseas) whilst my 887 visa application is in its ‘further assessment’ stage? My 489 is still valid, so I can travel on this. If I apply for a visa (to enter the overseas country for my 1x week holiday), will it effect my current 887 visa application? Thank you. 

You can surely travel; but if your application is in the final stages and may get finalized while you are away then there is a possibility that you will not get direct grant and may get pre-grant since you will be off shore.

2 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Hi guys, do you think we have to apply for new overseas PCC? old PCCs sumitted were dated March 2018, months before we lodged our 887 application. We never went outside the country though since then.

Applied: 13/11/2018

Thanks.

In case your PCC has expired i would highly recommend uploading new ones; its a 50 50 chance that CO might ask for another one though i understand that you have not been out of country.

2 hours ago, Charpel887 said:

Hi there, can I ask what you provided for partners' functional english before this and what else more you provided as proof?

I've submitted:

- Diploma and degree certificate

- An official letter from Singapore university mentioning classes were conducted in English and the duration (3 years in total) 

Is that enough/ is there more we can provide to avoid a request for additional proof? 

We provided the letter from institution stating that my course was in english for my masters degree but they asked for transcripts n other proof for the english so we provided the same day.nothing after that still waiting 

2 minutes ago, 887 visa said:

We provided the letter from institution stating that my course was in english for my masters degree but they asked for transcripts n other proof for the english so we provided the same day.nothing after that still waiting 

Ppl who are submitting university letter or any equivalent document for English , Please provide associated mark sheets/transcripts to co-relate the documents. It will assist to avoid such questions and delay the application. 

Hopefully you get grant  soon.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 887 visa said:

Okay, we will upload the transcripts too then.

A question to forum members, does it even make sense to take IELTS/ PTE at this point for partner functional English? I've read on Immi page that these tests need to be done 12 months prior to the application of the 887 visa itself (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Just to reiterate:

Applied for 887 visa in April 2019. Submitted the following documents for proof of partner functional English:

- Diploma and degree certificates from a university in Singapore

- Letter from Uni stating the dates of the course and all classes conducted in English

3 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Ppl who are submitting university letter or any equivalent document for English , Please provide associated mark sheets/transcripts to co-relate the documents. It will assist to avoid such questions and delay the application. 

Hopefully you get grant  soon.. 

Hoping it too we provided the same letter at the time of 489 n got visa they did not ask for any further proof I don’t know why they are asking for documents now because we already got 489 on the base of letter so unfair

27 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Hi guys, do you think we have to apply for new overseas PCC? old PCCs sumitted were dated March 2018, months before we lodged our 887 application. We never went outside the country though since then.

Applied: 13/11/2018

Thanks.

Generally if you have not been back and your last overseas PCC is dated after you left overseas then you should not need to update.

6 minutes ago, 887 visa said:

Hoping it too we provided the same letter at the time of 489 n got visa they did not ask for any further proof I don’t know why they are asking for documents now because we already got 489 on the base of letter so unfair

Yes correct, my agent said the same thing. If you have a partner at the time of 489 and no change in the relationship status, the English proof you have submitted at the time of 489 should be good enough and they should be able to refer those documents, and no need to submit the functional English supporting documents again. I trust him, so I haven't uploaded any documents for my wife, waiting for my time to come (applied on June 2019).  🤞

When we generalize the comments here, we also need to look at applicant's personal circumstances like does applicant have partner at the time of 489  (scenarios like married after 489 grant) etc.

Some people may not agree with this but it make sense realistically:-)

• Like 1

Hi Guys...

We finally got the Golden Email..

Applied: 30/06/2018

CO First Correspondence: 23/05/2019 (Requested JP's attested some documents)

Granted: 17/01/2019

We complained last night to immigration as we already completed 18 months and got the grant today morning...

First CO: Rajani

Granted by CO Wilson

All the best Guys

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Satish said:

Yes correct, my agent said the same thing. If you have a partner at the time of 489 and no change in the relationship status, the English proof you have submitted at the time of 489 should be good enough and they should be able to refer those documents, and no need to submit the functional English supporting documents again. I trust him, so I haven't uploaded any documents for my wife, waiting for my time to come (applied on June 2019).  🤞

When we generalize the comments here, we also need to look at applicant's personal circumstances like does applicant have partner at the time of 489  (scenarios like married after 489 grant) etc.

Agree...

but sometimes CO's ask for documents which are not required or already provided.

this could be intentional as they want to delay the files to limit the number of visas granted in a year...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yatri said:

Hi Guys...

We finally got the Golden Email..

Applied: 30/06/2018

CO First Correspondence: 23/05/2019 (Requested JP's attested some documents)

Granted: 17/01/2019

We complained last night to immigration as we already completed 18 months and got the grant today morning...

First CO: Rajani

Granted by CO Wilson

All the best Guys

Good news, congrats

20 minutes ago, Satish said:

But I suggest you to provide  transcripts  n other official proof for english on the safe hand it will minimise the chance for asking more documents for english

Edited by 887 visa
  • Like 2