887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 minutes ago, nudgee said:

if your 489 still valid, you CANNOT move to Melbourne, don't do it there are case in the past it can lead to visa refusal. but not sure if you can move to Melbourne if your 489 is expired. I still wouldn't recommend. 

Sure, better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you for your advise Nudgee. I will wait till my 887 then . 😊
/Regards, 

2 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

I see thanks, I'll apply now..

What if we don't get AFP immediately when applying ? I am going to apply this March and thinking to obtain AFP later this year (probably November - December). So, by the time it gets accessed, it will not have expired ? 🙄 What do you think 

2 minutes ago, DVR said:

What if we don't get AFP immediately when applying ? I am going to apply this March and thinking to obtain AFP later this year (probably November - December). So, by the time it gets accessed, it will not have expired ? 🙄 What do you think 

That's what I actually did. We lodged November 2018 and did not get AFP until February 2019.. but still no grant so have to get one again. turned out shoud've waited more months..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

why we worried wait eventually everyone will get visa

Because everyone has a different situation. Like some need to move to the city or get another job, or take a home loan. And as for our situation, we have been on BVA for more than a year. And our status is like floating. We can't get a loan, can't even apply for another telephone plan. We pay the same taxes and we get nothing. We follow our visa restrictions and when it's time to get the fruit of what we have sacrificed, they are making us wait like we a kid wanting a candy but couldn't get it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Because everyone has a different situation. Like some need to move to the city or get another job, or take a home loan. And as for our situation, we have been on BVA for more than a year. And our status is like floating. We can't get a loan, can't even apply for another telephone plan. We pay the same taxes and we get nothing. We follow our visa restrictions and when it's time to get the fruit of what we have sacrificed, they are making us wait like we a kid wanting a candy but couldn't get it.

I agree with you, being a TR and PR the difference is huge. and Life is too short to wait, we don't live forever and we don't wanna be a second class citizen forever 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

I know there is generally no difference if you use an agent or apply on your own for an 887 PR. However there is a chance that when applicants apply on their own then a CO could take advantage and not execute their due diligence in assessing documents. I feel that a CO may be less inclined to make mistakes and more disciplined if there is an agent on the other end of an application. However this might only apply to certain CO's. I am sure there are many applicants that receive direct grants after having applied on their own.

Not if Sophorn is your case officer... It won't make a difference if he's your CO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 887 2019 said:

Lately my prediction are correct . i would say those who are waiting from 4 july 2018 -  17-18 july  . tomorrow might be your day . i reckon we should get at least 5-6 grant tomorrow

gud luck guys

I don’t think so, last week many of june/july applicant complained and their file opened and granted. Situation a bit different now, they increased processing time and now they cannot complain.

I was expecting they will go through july to August by this Friday but looks not gonna happen. When is my turn ? applied 6/8/18

6 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello all

I know it’s the hardest truth to digest. But we all have to accept this. The immigration is making it very clear, no matter what, the 887 visa processing time will stay 18 months or more. Even if they want to bring it down, they won’t bring it down to below 14 months on their website. Although immigration is granting few visas on an average 14 months. But that will the average time will be maintained till the last 887 visa applicant grant. What this means to us or new 887 visa applicants is 

the immigration wants us to stay extra year in regional which they have successfully achieving by keeping processing time higher. For all the new 489 visa holders should assume their condition is 3 years stay and one year work experience.  As we all know the grant will be given between 14 to 18 months time . So we have to assume grants have been given in 2 to 6 months time after staying in regional for 3 years and 1 year work experience. 

Please dint put any efforts to reach IMmigration to bring down to processing time. They won’t change. Let’s all assume our condition on 489 visa is 3 years regional and 1 year work experience. 

love you all

Completely agree with you. The immigration wants us to stay in the regional as long as it’s legally possible. Judging by the number of people getting their PR, it’s safe to assume the processing is 18 months and above and I don’t think they will decrease that time anytime soon. So all we can do is go with the flow. 

3 hours ago, ninolaine said:

Same happened with me i applied for loan and that declined because no PR i was worried but it make me more frustrated rather than my problem solved so i am trying to forget. But my situation i am family sponsored so i am living in Melbourne but honestly I don’t like Melbourne i want to move to regional but there is some problems so i cant move 

Edited by Salman khan

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/cth/AATA/2018/5125.html?fbclid=IwAR2PL3u43WhuS0lS8LUTsiHPS7Bjir6xaA_RPzUHaGMaRLCs7RfhrMZwvVQ

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinosrch.cgi?mask_path=au%2Fcases%2Fcth%2FAATA&method=auto&query=887+visa

AAT 887 visa refusal / cancellation and decision over turn

cases , good read, some cases makes sense why they are taking time to process as few people try to game the system or people apply for 887 when they have not fulfilled criteria

Edited by trx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, trx said:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/cth/AATA/2018/5125.html?fbclid=IwAR2PL3u43WhuS0lS8LUTsiHPS7Bjir6xaA_RPzUHaGMaRLCs7RfhrMZwvVQ

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinosrch.cgi?mask_path=au%2Fcases%2Fcth%2FAATA&method=auto&query=887+visa

AAT 887 visa refusal / cancellation and decision over turn

cases , good read, some cases makes sense why they are taking time to process as few people game the system

These cases are really a good read. Thanks for sharing. 

20 hours ago, ninolaine said:

And most regional jobs get rejected as we don't have PR or/and our existing TR is not long enough to cover even the contract time period.. 😥

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, 887 2019 said:

Lately my prediction are correct . i would say those who are waiting from 4 july 2018 -  17-18 july  . tomorrow might be your day . i reckon we should get at least 5-6 grant tomorrow

gud luck guys

Hi,

Let see how your Prediction go. I am sill waiting.

I wish for your prediction 

I applied on 17 July 2018. Submitted my son medical 2 months ago.