887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

15 hours ago, Farha said:

Hi guys, I applied in March 2019. I need to update my sons passport details on the application and also my new address. Do I need to fill out form 1221 or is there another form? If it’s form 1221, should I fill it for all 3 applicants or only my son? Where do I update new address? 

Thanks.

On immi account. We updated address as well and I did it for all of us. family of 4

37 minutes ago, Satish said:

Updated on Site now:-) Still assessing applications prior to Nov 2018.

image.thumb.png.8863aa63096754d5620d70f83752c619.png

To be expected, I think they would have lost some momentum over the December holidays. I also don't think 18 months to 18 months was correct anyway, 75% and 90% could never be the same time frame, probably an error. All-in-all things have not really changed since the last update, just a pity cause I am a December 2018 applicant so was looking forward to some movement.

Edited by TakeItOnTheChin
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

We uploaded everything. Anything that can help with the application and prove residency and work. 60 files are more than enough. You can even collate them in one file if you want.

Beautiful. Mush appreciated ninolaine !! 

44 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

We applied everything ourselves. From 489, subsequent twice as both bubs was born after our 489 was granted, both born outside Australia. Then 887 also by ourselves. It's up to you if your are confident doing it yourself as it is very straight forward. Mostly personal information.

Thanks Ninolaine 😊

20 minutes ago, Jasonpulak99 said:

Hi everyone, is it possible to go oversea for a few months or maybe close to a year while i am waiting for the 887 visa to be granted?

Your 887 will not be granted while you are offshore, you need to be in Australia. You would also need to make sure your current visa or Bridging visa does not expire while offshore. I am not sure how the department would view long periods of stay outside the country. 

5 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

@Stellajane Hi mate, are you still there? Could i ask where should i update Australian Police Clearance Certificate ( Police station or community JP?), as my agent dose not recommand me to upgrade, but i know from this forum, we should update asap as it has been more than one year.

You should upload it in case your police clearance certificate has expired i.e. 1 year. Get a current one issued and upload the same with your other documents. You can always request your consultant to do it on your behalf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

@Stellajane Hi mate, are you still there? Could i ask where should i update Australian Police Clearance Certificate ( Police station or community JP?), as my agent dose not recommand me to upgrade, but i know from this forum, we should update asap as it has been more than one year.

You can apply for it online, takes maximum a week to be posted to you. Then upload it to your immi account under the appropriate folder, I think it is called 'Character assessments/requirements................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

Hi @Seacity112, yes I'm still here. Waiting to see some grants for some people here that have helped me during my process. Love this community.

You are correct and you should update your Australian police clearance certificate (preferably before it expires). I'm glad to hear that you noticed this and you are intending to update.

You can request a new police clearance certificate yourself, through the following website:

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks

Please know that even when you have applied through an agent, you can make an account yourself on immiaccount, and upload your application from there to attach the documents yourself. You only need to know your 887 application number from your agent which he should give to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Hi @Seacity112, yes I'm still here. Waiting to see some grants for some people here that have helped me during my process. Love this community.

You are correct and you should update your Australian police clearance certificate (preferably before it expires). I'm glad to hear that you noticed this and you are intending to update.

You can request a new police clearance certificate yourself, through the following website:

https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks

Please know that even when you have applied through an agent, you can make an account yourself on immiaccount, and upload your application from there to attach the documents yourself. You only need to know your 887 application number from your agent which he should give to you. 

Will do, thanks mate, Love ya. Hope you and your family enjoy every single moment as we have been waiting for so long.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I m a silent follower and u all have helped me alot during my wait for the grant of Visa 887.

I have been granted PR today.

Applied on 29/4/18

First Contact 12/6/19 - CO Manuel - Asked for Medical consent for New born

Second contact 21/10/19 - CO Regina - Asked for Medical for the new born

Grant today 29/01/20. CO Regina

Thank u all once again and hope all the remaining ones get there grant soon.

Edited by Madraswala
Messed up the date.
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, Madraswala said:

Hi Guys

I m a silent follower and u all have helped me alot during my wait for the grant of Visa 887.

I have been granted PR today.

Applied on 29/4/18

First Contact 6/12/19 - CO Manuel - Asked for Medical consent for New born

Second contact 21/10/11 - CO Regina - Asked for Medical for the new born

Grant today 29/01/20. CO Regina

Thank u all once again and hope all the remaining ones get there grant soon.

Congrats 

can u please correct the dates bcos they are bit confused.dates for second contact n first.thanks