887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

So few invitations issued over the last 6 months excluding state and territory governments. With so few invitations issued it is strange why 887 grants and other visa processing times are blowing out so much. Hopefully we will have some good news over the coming weeks and months? Hold thumbs

Invitations issued during 2019-20 program year

Visa subclass Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Total
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 1,000 100 100 1,500 250 250 1,000           4,200
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored           200 300           500
Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489) 100 100 100                   300
Total 1,100 200 200 1,500 250 450 1,300           5,000

The above figures do not include invitations issued for State and Territory Government nominated visa subclasses. State and Territory Governments nominate throughout the month for specific points tested skilled migration and business innovation and investment visas.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

So few invitations issued over the last 6 months excluding state and territory governments. With so few invitations issued it is strange why 887 grants and other visa processing times are blowing out so much. Hopefully we will have some good news over the coming weeks and months? Hold thumbs

Invitations issued during 2019-20 program year

Visa subclass Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Total
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 1,000 100 100 1,500 250 250 1,000           4,200
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored           200 300           500
Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489) 100 100 100                   300
Total 1,100 200 200 1,500 250 450 1,300           5,000

The above figures do not include invitations issued for State and Territory Government nominated visa subclasses. State and Territory Governments nominate throughout the month for specific points tested skilled migration and business innovation and investment visas.

Subclass 190 is another big stream to share the quota.

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Finally received the official grant.
Applied on 02.10.18
Received pre-grant on 19.12.19
Arrived in Australia on 11.01.20
Lodged a complain online 28.01.20
CO Michael

Thanks a lot everyone
& best wishes.

Edited by Mash1
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mash1 said:

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Applied on 02.10.18

Thanks a lot everyone
& best wishes.

Congrats! Good to see something come through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DANISH RAZA said:

ANY GRANT TODAY?

APPLIED 17 JULY 2018

CO KATHERINE

SUPPLIED REQUESTED MEDICAL OF MY SON AND  AFP OF MINE AND WIFE  on 25/09/2019 BUT  STILL WAITING

same here mike, applied 24 th july 2018

Co Cathrine

Baby's medical and AFP of my wife form 24th Sep 2019, more than 4 months now, after documents submission

still waiting

2 hours ago, Mash1 said:

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Applied on 02.10.18
CO Michael

Thanks a lot everyone
& best wishes.

Congratulations.. How did you lodge a complaint and what was the issue

Hi lovely peeps, sorry if this has been answered before. I am about 1.5 years into my 489 but thought I'd get into the 887 application page to prepare myself so I'll be able to put in the submission soon after my 2 years. However when I reach the 5% mark, I'm getting an error as below and I'm not able to progress further. 

Is this error due to the system being able to recognize me as not having 2 years yet and will auto allow me to progress only after 2 years? Or is this a bug in the system and I'll need to contact someone to have it resolved? Or is this something else totally? Thanks.

1 minute ago, davtoh said:

Hi lovely peeps, sorry if this has been answered before. I am about 1.5 years into my 489 but thought I'd get into the 887 application page to prepare myself so I'll be able to put in the submission soon after my 2 years. However when I reach the 5% mark, I'm getting an error as below and I'm not able to progress further. 

Is this error due to the system being able to recognize me as not having 2 years yet and will auto allow me to progress only after 2 years? Or is this a bug in the system and I'll need to contact someone to have it resolved? Or is this something else totally? Thanks.

You basically cannot continue as you have not met the 2 year residency requirement, the system will know that automatically.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mash1 said:

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Applied on 02.10.18
CO Michael

Thanks a lot everyone
& best wishes.

Congrats!! Can you please share the conditions of pre-grant? Are you able to move out of regional area and work somewhere else? Thanks

18 hours ago, sislam said:

Hi guys When I came to Australia, I stayed at a rental one room unit for 2 months. I dont have any contract with owner .I have the following docs as a proof of 2 months residency

1. Driving licence

2. Car registration

3.Car insurance 

4. Bank account opening letter

5.Tax file number 

6. Police check( did for job purpose)

will this enough to prove 2months residency at the begining. or still I need contract/tenancy agreement. actualy he was to his country for two months so i stayed there.

Hello Sislam, 

If you could possible attach a utility bill (a mobile phone bill) or a health insurance bill in addition to what you have mentioned above. 

/Thanks, 

• Like 1