887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 2/1/2020 at 2:59 PM, Shan4444 said:

Grant.. Grant...Grant...what a relief 🤩🤩. it was a long journey. it took 21 months

Thank you very much for the all the members and here I have added the summary of the journey.

Applied on 04/04/2018

1st contact 17/05/2019 CO Wilson - various letters from official government agencies sent to PA  ● Evid of employment: copy of payslips for claimed period, ● contract ● superannuation, ● Tax Assessment Notice

2nd contact 19/06/2019 CO Katherine - Unemployment. Advise how you were financially supported whilst unemployed.

Evidence of remuneration for the entire period of employment (for example, bank statements showing wages credited or bank cheques) and 2018 payment summary.

3rd Contact 09/10/2019 CO Michael -Further evidence of employment in a regional area. They check whether you still stay in a regional area even after 2 years. therefore don't go to metro area until you get the Golden letter 

28/01/2020 Grant CO Regina.

Again thanks for the members and hope others get golden letter soon✋

Congrats mate,

I just want to ask a question. You've said

3rd Contact 09/10/2019 CO Michael -Further evidence of employment in a regional area. They check whether you still stay in a regional area even after 2 years. therefore don't go to metro area until you get the Golden letter 

Did CO asked you all period inside Bridge Visa?

Hi folks,

I just want to ask a question I know several times people asked this but I just called immigration office and they couldn't give me an answer properly.

I applied my 887 and waiting. My 489 visa will be expired on 6th of April and my Bridge Visa will be activated then you know. There is no condition in my bridge visa.

I've researched legislations, immi website and related documents and there is no information about my Bridge Visa is same conditions with my last visa (mine is 489)

I called immigration department and asked this and officer told me that you have to check you visas' conditions and he said "I can not say legal advice here please ask your immigration agent". It's unbelievable, they are the highest authority and can not clarify a basic question.

Question is simple. Can I go other states when my Bridge Visa is Active? If not is there a rule or legislation about it? If I can how can I get a legal letter or evidence because we can only make compliant as you know.

Thank you all

Edited by vlad
wording

59 minutes ago, vlad said:

Hi folks,

I just want to ask a question I know several times people asked this but I just called immigration office and they couldn't give me an answer properly.

I applied my 887 and waiting. My 489 visa will be expired on 6th of April and my Bridge Visa will be activated then you know. There is no condition in my bridge visa.

I've researched legislations, immi website and related documents and there is no information about my Bridge Visa is same conditions with my last visa (mine is 489)

I called immigration department and asked this and officer told me that you have to check you visas' conditions and he said "I can not say legal advice here please ask your immigration agent". It's unbelievable, they are the highest authority and can not clarify a basic question.

Question is simple. Can I go other states when my Bridge Visa is Active? If not is there a rule or legislation about it? If I can how can I get a legal letter or evidence because we can only make compliant as you know.

Thank you all

What legislation did you check?

31 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

What legislation did you check?

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Series/F1996B03551

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017C00582

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00578

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2018C00337

There are some citizenship laws also. If you know more can you please share with us?

Edited by vlad
extra

10 hours ago, vlad said:

I suppose the main one is Regulations. As I can remember that are silent on the Bridging Visa A for 489 holders. I can double check at night but the website is silent on any conditions and my Bridging Visa has none

Grant of the visa would not result in either:

(a)  the number of Subclass 887 visas granted in a financial year exceeding the maximum number of Subclass 887 visas, as determined by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph, that may be granted in that financial year; or

(b)  the number of visas of particular classes (including Subclass 887) granted in a financial year exceeding the maximum number of visas of those classes, as determined by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph, that may be granted in that financial year.

4 minutes ago, Jptsap said:

Grant of the visa would not result in either:

(a)  the number of Subclass 887 visas granted in a financial year exceeding the maximum number of Subclass 887 visas, as determined by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph, that may be granted in that financial year; or

(b)  the number of visas of particular classes (including Subclass 887) granted in a financial year exceeding the maximum number of visas of those classes, as determined by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph, that may be granted in that financial year. 

Yesterday I sent a FOI request on this matter

• Like 3

Good day everyone

I just have a question about work requirement when you move from 489 visa to 887 visa. 

They say I need to work 35 hours as full time for 1 year, however, as all we know, it can be covered by 2 of part time as long as we work 35 hours a week (some people says it os 38 hours though).

The question is, what about casual work? If I work 35 hours (or 38 hours) a week as casual staff in two different work place, does it also meet work requirement for 887 visa?

@Samuel

No, AFP and National Police check are not the same.

You need to take AFP check for the following reasons;

• Residents of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Jervis Bay Territory and external Commonwealth territories
  • People who are seeking employment with the Commonwealth Government
  • people who are requiring a check under Commonwealth legislation
  • Australian immigration purposes
  • where the applicant resides overseas
  • overseas employment
  • overseas adoption
  • visa applications for overseas travel

On the other hand, if you are looking for employment check, you need to have a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History check (NCCHC) or National Police check certificate. You can obtain the certificate from one of the accredited sites of ACIC. (see: https://www.koncheck.com/npc)

Edited by Margaret Williams
2 time's write content