887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, ninolaine said:

Just got a CO Regina! requesting for functional english IELTS. she did not accept letter from university which was submitted before in 489. previous IELTS was expired which I didnt't upload. I will try to ask if she will accept that. Any suggestion for exam to take equivalent to ielts? cause living in a regional area, it's not easy to get ielts nearby, any suggestion for other tests that can be taken? thanks

Hi. This is frustrating. We got the same request. 

Did you submit transcript and completion degree with uni letter? Or only uni letter?

7 hours ago, ninolaine said:

hi TTTF, 

I have raised a complaint online. resubmitted the documents including the expired ielts. I have renamed the file though, "Functional english as per legislation". not sure if my use of term legislation is right but maybe it'll work. but as per @Dee tough luck! while waiting we will be booking an ielts as well, 4 hours drive or a plane ticket fare is nothing compared to the pain of an endless wait...

i hope others get some good news today. i still feel better now than no contact at all.

When I applied for 489 CO asked for my wife's functional English ....Even though I submitted University medium of instruction. Then CO asked for her transcricpt to see she had studies more than two year in english she text me this  " you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English" .. I submitted Transcript and got the grant

• Like 1

Just now, sislam said:

When I applied for 489 CO asked for my wife's functional English ....Even though I submitted University medium of instruction. Then CO asked for her transcricpt to see she had studies more than two year in english she text me this  " you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English" .. I submitted Transcript and got the grant

We submitted Letter and transcript of conpleted course.

7 hours ago, SJay said:

where do you stay? did you upload  the transcript and does the letter from Uni specifically say the course was conducted in English medium. 

Yeah letter from uni stated instructions was all in English. Uploaded the transcript and certificate of completion with it. We are in Mackay. Closest IELTS is in rockhampton

Edited by ninolaine
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dany said:

Grant Grant Grant.

Guys i have been granted 887 Visa Just Now. 
Date Applied: 10th February 2018

CO Assigned: 16th February 2019

CO: Sophorn

Case officer changed to Regina on October 2019

Granted On 10th February 2020

Exactly 2 Years. 

Two Weeks Ago i gave an email complaint to Ombudsman about the delay and got a call from them and said they will look into this matter. I guess calling them worked.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND WISH EVERYONE THE BEST. 

Congratulations 

Just now, sislam said:

they are simply .....................want us to stay in the region ....why they r breaking their own legislation...If one get away at the time of 489 without IELTS why not now. rubbish

We actually didn’t get away without it last time. We submitted the letter but wife still took ielts. But she didnt retake it because of the cost and knowing the letter and transcript is enough why bother with the cost and the time. It BS really. We will wait first how they will go with the complain and i will ring them tomorrow too.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, givemegrantplz said:

Hi. This is frustrating. We got the same request. 

Did you submit transcript and completion degree with uni letter? Or only uni letter?

We submitted letter and transcript with certificate of completion but still no go.

How about you when did you receive the request and what was initially submitted? 

48 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

We submitted letter and transcript with certificate of completion but still no go.

How about you when did you receive the request and what was initially submitted? 

Hi if you don't mind me asking, which country was your wife's degree/ uni from? 

I've been having the same fear that something similar would happen with our application as well. We can't afford such a stupid delay and wonder if it's worth taking the IELTS and uploading it now. But it states on the immigration site that the tests have to be taken 12 months prior to submitting the application.

3 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

@Charpel887 hi I don’t think it has something to do with the country we’re from, but to answer your question it’s from the Philippines. Ielts has to be within 12 months meaning they will accept it if its at most 12 months before you lodge the 887 cant be older than that.

Yup okay, wife doesn't have IELTS, only uni degree and diploma transcripts. Guess we just have to hope our CO isn't going to be difficult. Wish we can do more to prevent this. Also, hoping for the best for your situation.

Edited by Charpel887
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ninolaine said:

Applied 7/10/18

Submitted only uni letter stating all instructions were in english, and expired Ielts.

First contact 23/12/19 to ask for transcript/degree 

Submitted 4 years bachelor degree, transcript, letter, also uploaded british councils exams results and work record. Now waiting. 

1.Did your uni letter stated 4 years of study or less?

2. Is your wife working?

Please let me know this. Thanks. And I really hope they give you grant after the complain because this is what their check list requested and you gave it.

Edited by givemegrantplz

8 hours ago, givemegrantplz said:

Applied 7/10/18

Submitted only uni letter stating all instructions were in english, and expired Ielts.

First contact 23/12/19 to ask for transcript/degree 

Submitted 4 years bachelor degree, transcript, letter, also uploaded british councils exams results and work record. Now waiting. 

1.Did your uni letter stated 4 years of study or less?

2. Is your wife working?

Please let me know this. Thanks. And I really hope they give you grant after the complain because this is what their check list requested and you gave it.

Hi, the letter didn’t indicate exactly how many years is the course but they have indicated her attendance to and from year. And it’s a bachelor’s degree.

yes she is working

Edited by ninolaine

I thought after 2 years of meeting the 887 requirements, my life will be free, but indeed totally the opposite, I am feeling more depress everyday. 

2 of my colleagues just graduated in July 2019 and they already got 190 PR a few months ago. Cos, if you read this, can you answer us, why treat us so unfairly?? 

Edited by nudgee
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, June said:

Generally one year, especially if the results show functional English (ie average band of at least 4.5 in IELTS) . However, for vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. Test results need to be valid at the time of lodgement of 887 visa. It does not matter if they expire whilst waiting for the 887 visa grant.

@hussan 

I agree with June, test results have to be valid at the day when you lodge for 887. Doesn't matter if it expires whilst waiting on the grant. The IELTS test of my partner was actually only valid for 1 more day after I lodged our 887. So technically still within the time frame, but it scared me a lot hoping that they would acknowledge that and wouldn't ask for a new IELTS test.

At the end, we got a direct grant  (nov 19)

• Like 3

It is very unfortunate they didn't accepted Uni transcripts as form of Functional English requirement. Its make sense to provide up-to-date validity of documents like AFP as they can change time to time based on our circumstances, but the documents they requested now already provided and verified while granting 489 and they don't change. 

It is recommended to just re-submit the same documents with proper naming, they should accept. 

Also, I believe the term IELTS looks like general term to provide the English requirement, should check with them why can't we provide PTE if at all required.

Hi there,First time I am asking a question from this forum.i am main applicant for 887 and my wife is secondary .my wife has a master degree for 2 years.for her English language !!
result transcript, uni letter and degree certificate is enough??
Thanks 

Depends on the case officer. If it’s Wilson these documents are more than enough. But if it’s Sophorn than God bless you mate. [emoji3064]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk