887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

39 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I heard from some agents that immigration is now busy cancelling Chinese student visas and temporary visas 

They are very quick at cancelling visa though , Coronavirus definitely has a negative impact on visa processing 

They kill the Chinese TRs offshore while they  do the check in on the offshore airport  via s 128.

cos once a visa is cancelled offshore s 128, they has no chance in the aat.

Only they can challenge it via the Fedearl court.

Otherwise, they have to fight pic 4013

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

I heard from some agents that immigration is now busy cancelling Chinese student visas and temporary visas 

They are very quick at cancelling visa though , Coronavirus definitely has a negative impact on visa processing 

That's so sad, sucks to be migrating into Australia during a political climate like this. 😞

Dear All fellows 

need serious advice 

my wife’s father is seriously ill and she wants to go overseas till Ausgust 2020.

Our 489 visa will Expire June 2020

887 application still in process since 19 months.

so I want to ask will visa be granted if she is overseas?

do she need need bridging Visa B? 

will I get 887 grant because I am not going with her?

Can she go overseas for 6 months on 489 visa or no? 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 11:20 PM, ninolaine said:

@Charpel887 hi I don’t think it has something to do with the country we’re from, but to answer your question it’s from the Philippines. Ielts has to be within 12 months meaning they will accept it if its at most 12 months before you lodge the 887 cant be older than that.

Hi Ninolaine, i came from PH too. And i have submitted my hubby’s English as their medium of instruction when we applied 489 with nil issues. And resubmitted again when i lodged our 887 Last Sep 2019. 

Crossing my fingers they will not request a test of english for my hubby.

Goodluck. 

1 hour ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear All fellows 

need serious advice 

my wife’s father is seriously ill and she wants to go overseas till Ausgust 2020.

This is very tricky. I would suggest your wife should come back to Australia in June. Once she is on A then she can apply B and next day she can go back. I am not sure how practical is this for you. 

39 minutes ago, KC01 said:

This is very tricky. I would suggest your wife should come back to Australia in June. Once she is on A then she can apply B and next day she can go back. I am not sure how practical is this for you. 

2 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear All fellows 

need serious advice 

If you have waited 19 months i would suggest you lodge a complaint and mention in that your wife needs to visit to take care of her seriously ill father and that they consider finalising your visa as due to your current 489 visa expiring in June you are struggling to make necessary travel arrangements in order for her to be by her fathers side at this time of need,  as you have reached processing times they might consider it. Attach any medical documents of her father if possible. 

On 5/3/2018 at 2:39 PM, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

HI Bro.. Dont stress.. We all came for the better future for ourself and for our kids. So for better future you have to had tough present.. Cheers..! Dont Stress..!

Regarding family living in Religion area too..! You dfntly have to prove that your family too lived in the religion area but necessarily not full 2 years.
For 887 Visa, you need to provide full 2 year residency proof and 1 year employment proof for yourself not for the family members. You just need to provide ID's of your spouse to prove that she did not stayed to any other Metro or designated area.  

But I would recommend to discuss with some agent too..! If you want your family to stay out of country for whole 2 years..!

I confirm Manny's answer. Spouse don't have to fulfill 2 years living requirement, but when applying 887 and being granted you all have to be in a regional area.   Don't stress. 

14 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear All fellows 

need serious advice 

First try writing and calling DIBP and share your situation with them. If that works well otherwise please be aware that even if one person be it secondary is offshore at the time of decision you will only get pre-grant and grant only when then that person is onshore. The best way is to wait but i understand that your situation is tough then if she plans to go she should come back before your visa expires Unfortunately you are in tough situation will pray for your grant.

10 hours ago, DVR said:

Dear all, 

While filling 887 application, I got this question. There is no value that matches 11 characters ? 489 visa number has 13 characters and it doesn't allow password number as well. Please assist.

1.PNG

I can't remember fully, but this field doesn't need to be populated. It is for the old 489 visa grants where they stamp the visa number on the passport. We don't get a stamp on the passport nowadays. 

21 minutes ago, SJay said:

I can't remember fully, but this field doesn't need to be populated. It is for the old 489 visa grants where they stamp the visa number on the passport. We don't get a stamp on the passport nowadays. 

Yes, I thought so the same, thank you for your clarification SJay ❤️ 

15 hours ago, KC01 said:

Thanks for your reply.

I think it is safer option to comeback Australia before 489 visa expires in June.

• Like 3

Grant 

late post

got grant on 11/2/20 @6:52 pm

applied 6/8/18- 2 applicant no kid

first contact 29/10/19

alot complaints but didn’t work...no point making complaints if your processing time is not expired(above current processing time), i mean if it is under current processing time.

good luck all

Edited by 06/08/2018
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, 06/08/2018 said:

Grant 

late post

got grant on 11/2/20 @6:52 pm

applied 6/8/20- 2 applicant no kid

first contact 29/10/19

alot complaints but didn’t work...no point making complaints if your processing time is not expired(above current processing time), i mean if it is under current processing time.

good luck all

Congrats mate, enjoy. I am sure you meant application date to read 6/8/18 instead of 6/8/20

• Like 1