Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear All,

We gave up, Cant wait more, its already 19 months of application but dont know when they will make grant.

So sending my wife overseas for 4 months to take care her sick father.

DO I NEED TO TELL IMMIGRATION THAT MY PARTNER IS GOING NOW ??  

If you are 489 is valid till the return date of the 4 month period no need to inform.. just travel. Given that you are so close to grant timeline, just a courtesy email/phone call informing about the travel would be sensible. 

Remember if the 489 expires in this 4 month period she will need bridging visa b to come back. so check that out. you can only apply bridging visa b when ur onshore. 

The maximum loss would be grant will be further delayed till your partner comes back.. it is still better than having a life long regret. 

At least in such cases immigration should have some sort arrangements or a transparent communication line. 

Hope all goes well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TTTF said:

If you are 489 is valid till the return date of the 4 month period no need to inform.. just travel. Given that you are so close to grant timeline, just a courtesy email/phone call informing about the travel would be sensible. 

Remember if the 489 expires in this 4 month period she will need bridging visa b to come back. so check that out. you can only apply bridging visa b when ur onshore. 

The maximum loss would be grant will be further delayed till your partner comes back.. it is still better than having a life long regret. 

At least in such cases immigration should have some sort arrangements or a transparent communication line. 

Hope all goes well. 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we do have valid 489 visa till 5 July 2020.

we informed them on complaint that this is the issue please finalize our application but nothing happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys how do we make a complain online. The feedback section on the Immi account doesn’t take me to a section where I can type, when I select the nature of the inquiry as “Visa” on the drop down it doesn’t let me go any further. 

If any of you have lodged an online complaint before, please guide me through..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Guys,

Here is the draft of the letter to the Minister.

Read, comment and lets discuss how to sign off.

Letter to Minister - Copy (2).docx

 

Very well written. Hope this will do the justice.

Processing Time, months (90%)

11

19

73%

 

In Table 1, shouldn't the processing time in January 2020, be 22 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IMAD said:

 

Very well written. Hope this will do the justice.

Processing Time, months (90%)

11

19

73%

 

In Table 1, shouldn't the processing time in January 2020, be 22 months?

I don't know the number applicants as of 01/02/20 so I took comparable numbers and dates

Edited by Megrand1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear All fellows 

need serious advice 

my wife’s father is seriously ill and she wants to go overseas till Ausgust 2020.

Our 489 visa will Expire June 2020

887 application still in process since 19 months.

so I want to ask will visa be granted if she is overseas?

do she need need bridging Visa B? 

will I get 887 grant because I am not going with her?

Can she go overseas for 6 months on 489 visa or no? 

 

Hi There 

current visa processing timeframe in between 19-22 months. Seriously it’s too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hon Alan Tudge MP was appointed the acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs on 13 December 2019.

 

Seems like that he replaced David Coleman since December 2019, hope he will helps us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Thanks very much bro. Why don't we send it to senators? 

I would personally suggest to send it to the Minister and then to the Senate, Dutton, PM with his response.

Also, I am thinking about human rights but we need his response first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if we create a new email which might be used for the correspondence with the Minister? All signing people can send their consent (I can draft if it's fine) to sign to this email, them someone puts their names and emails onto the letter as text, and then sends it to the Minister.

This email might be registered by one of trustworthy senior members with the password gives to another member just in case. I do not insist that it should be me. Any reputable member.

The result will be sent to the signed people.

 

What do you think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Guys,

Here is the draft of the letter to the Minister.

Read, comment and lets discuss how to sign off.

Letter to Minister - Copy (2).docx

Hey @Megrand1,

Thank you for taking the effort to write this letter.  I fully support the pathway that this group is taking in addressing this issue to a member of the parliament. The wait is indeed endless and horrific.

You requested some suggestions, so I'm taking the opportunity to address some concerns of mine. Please do not take this personally, you're doing a great job already and your time and effort is truly appreciated. 

In order to hopefully make this as successful as possible, please consider the following:

Body of letter – use the EPIC format – Engage reader, state the Problem, Inform about solutions, and give a Call to action.

In my opinion, your first paragraph states immediately the facts and the numbers rather than engaging the reader to learn to understand where the problem is coming from. 

I believe a better format would be is engaging the reader with triggering him with a few of the struggles we face on a daily basis due to the processing times. That will want him to understand and learn more about it. So maybe you can re arrange some paragraphs.

I also remember a post of @TTTF in which he/she states a few questions to the DHA that might help in stating the problem and informing about solutions. That post is already from a while ago, maybe TTTF can repost to see if it might be helpful?

I think it is important to suggest solutions, state questions and make the reader think about to problem. 

We need to try to make the letter as such that the minister kinda just has to forward it to DHA and ask them. " What is going on here? We have received a complaint that we need to address. Read this, answer the questions  and tell me why we have such processing times and what are you going to do about it?.

I hope you understand,

Stellajane

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Hey @Megrand1,

Thank you for taking the effort to write this letter.  I fully support the pathway that this group is taking in addressing this issue to a member of the parliament. The wait is indeed endless and horrific.

You requested some suggestions, so I'm taking the opportunity to address some concerns of mine. Please do not take this personally, you're doing a great job already and your time and effort is truly appreciated. 

In order to hopefully make this as successful as possible, please consider the following:

Body of letter – use the EPIC format – Engage reader, state the Problem, Inform about solutions, and give a Call to action.

In my opinion, your first paragraph states immediately the facts and the numbers rather than engaging the reader to learn to understand where the problem is coming from. 

I believe a better format would be is engaging the reader with triggering him with a few of the struggles we face on a daily basis due to the processing times. That will want him to understand and learn more about it. So maybe you can re arrange some paragraphs.

I also remember a post of @TTTF in which he/she states a few questions to the DHA that might help in stating the problem and informing about solutions. That post is already from a while ago, maybe TTTF can repost to see if it might be helpful?

I think it is important to suggest solutions, state questions and make the reader think about to problem. 

We need to try to make the letter as such that the minister kinda just has to forward it to DHA and ask them. " What is going on here? We have received a complaint that we need to address. Read this, answer the questions  and tell me why we have such processing times and what are you going to do about it?.

I hope you understand,

Stellajane

Hi,

Epic is a good idea. Could you make some changes and draft the E-paragraph?

Questions and suggestion are good but in our case there is only one suggestion - the reduced processing time. If we obscure our position, it will give them a chance to say something blurry without any actions.

Anyway, I would like to send it in March when I have 1 year so there is some time for changes and debates.

And I suggest that only people with 1 year and more waiting time sign off

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Hi,

Epic is a good idea. Could you make some changes and draft the E-paragraph?

Questions and suggestion are good but in our case there is only one suggestion - the reduced processing time. If we obscure our position, it will give them a chance to say something blurry without any actions.

Anyway, I would like to send it in March when I have 1 year so there is some time for changes and debates.

And I suggest that only people with 1 year and more waiting time sign off

Good Idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dee said:

I am so amazed that there are no grants....

 

23 minutes ago, Dee said:

I am so amazed that there are no grants....

So Quite .

17 July 2018 Application

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, where is the information provided button we need to click after submitting the additional documents they have asked for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sin said:

Guys, where is the information provided button we need to click after submitting the additional documents they have asked for?

It doesn't exist any longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Megrand1 said:

I would personally suggest to send it to the Minister and then to the Senate, Dutton, PM with his response.

Also, I am thinking about human rights but we need his response first.

Well, it makes sense to wait for his response and then attach that to all subsequent letters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

It doesn't exist any longer

So, that means we just need to upload the documents and they will come to know when they will check our file again. Am I right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use