887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Dear ALL

i complaint after 19 months of application and now received new request of this document. Have anyone got this same request who has child in their application?

””””””””
Passports for children are generally valid for five years. If the passport was obtained when the child was an infant, considerable physical changes to facial features are likely to have occurred over the validity period.
As the examining doctor for Muhammad Rayan GHORI was unable to confirm their identity from the photo on their passport bio-page, a Statutory Declaration signed by an Australian citizen or permanent resident (who is not a relative of the child) will be required.
The declaration should contain an image of the child’s passport bio-page and an image of a recent photo or photos. The declarant should confirm that all the images in the declaration are of the same child.
If a suitable statutory declaration cannot be provided the child will be requested to undertake a new health examination performed with a new passport that accurately portrays their current appearance””””””

( So disappointed, how I can take someone’s child for medical )

this is so disappointing. is your child a newborn after lodgement of 887? coz i also have a newborn in 2017 but we applied subsequent 489 for her.

Just now, nudgee said:

someone from our forum should post a grant 

No one in forum are getting grants

Time frame increase due tomorrow 28 feb again system maintenance 

so dishearted and depressed nothing moving or going forward 

hope to see CO’s starting our files from next month as it looks like time frame would increase to 24+ months from tomorrow 

On 2/26/2020 at 10:48 AM, KC01 said:

Grant.

Hi everyone,

I just got the email from immi. I received my direct grant Today. Applied 21Nov 2018 and received 26 Feb 2020. 

I will give you more info when I reach home  I am at work now.

thank you everyone 

Congrats mate

Edited by Angry Coder
  • Thanks 1

Dear All members, 

I need your help and expertise. 

We have been blessed with a Baby on 12.02.2020.

I have uploaded form 1022 on my immigration account and have emailed the same form to immigration email address (gsm allocated).

I have applied my son's birth certificate and will apply for his passport soon as I receive his birth certificate. 

Is there anything else I need to do for now until I receive his birth certificate?

I have applied on 4th October and have been contacted on 22nd January for some documents, which I have already submitted. 

Please share your knowledge and expertise for my above query. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Andy.L

Hi All,

I was reading an article on Australia Immigration Law Services (MARA Consultant) about 489 visa. In the article, they have mentioned that while we are on a bridging visa after our 489 is expired and awaiting 887 outcomes, we are allowed to live and work anywhere in Australia including Sydney and Melbourne as there is no condition attached to the bridging visa. Is this correct?

Following are the excerpts from the post:

"The Bridging visa for the 887 application has no conditions attached so you are free to work and live wherever you like. However, whilst your 489 still exists the BVA for the 887 will not have taken effect so you are still restricted to your visa conditions."

Hi all, a nice article for all those with an interest regarding the ins-and-outs of the 489/887 process and associated bridging visa conditions, etc. Some of which we already know but some good additional info. Even more helpful to those who are new applicants to the 887

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

Edited by TakeItOnTheChin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrvC said:

Hi All,

I was reading an article on Australia Immigration Law Services (MARA Consultant) about 489 visa. In the article, they have mentioned that while we are on a bridging visa after our 489 is expired and awaiting 887 outcomes, we are allowed to live and work anywhere in Australia including Sydney and Melbourne as there is no condition attached to the bridging visa. Is this correct?

Following are the excerpts from the post:

"The Bridging visa for the 887 application has no conditions attached so you are free to work and live wherever you like. However, whilst your 489 still exists the BVA for the 887 will not have taken effect so you are still restricted to your visa conditions."

Just shared a link to the article 

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maninder said:

No one in forum are getting grants

Time frame increase due tomorrow 28 feb again system maintenance 

so dishearted and depressed nothing moving or going forward 

hope to see CO’s starting our files from next month as it looks like time frame would increase to 24+ months from tomorrow 

don't think negative

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,
I am on 489 visa now. I only eligible for 887 after two years. When we consider the fact that 489 visa closure then there will be good chance processing time comes under 6 months after two years ?
Isn it?

They will either increase the processing time to 3 years or reduce it to 1 year, depend on which party win the next election

10 hours ago, amina umar said:

yes have to submit statutory deceleration form for kids.. we submit one child for when apply 489 n other child when apply 887.. its necessary 

Hi , i have the same problem. The photo that needs to be attached to the statutory declaration,  should it be a passport photo or can we use any photo of her? The little one won't stay for a passport kindaf photo. Please advise.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, agk said:

hi mate 

can you share more details of how you changed your region? 

Like, how long you have to wait to request a change? do we have to show any valid reason to change area or we can simply request to move  some other regional area? can we ask to get a different area to live straight away when we get grant of 489? 

Do we need to have a release letter to move within regional areas? We got the EOI from NT but migration agent advised we can be in any regional area like Adelaide but we don't have any release letter. Is this going to be a problem?

Dear All, 

I have started filling 887 application and felt sus as IMMI online application was pretty straightforward. Just want to know something, which I read online on this forum.

1. Do we have to fill Form 80 ? as we did for 489 ? 
  2. I have a 8-moths old daughter who I attached 1229 - Consent Form for 489. Do I need to fill it again for 887 ? 

Please advise ? It would be much appreciated !! 😳

/Regards, 

37 minutes ago, SMA 887 said:

Do we need to have a release letter to move within regional areas? We got the EOI from NT but migration agent advised we can be in any regional area like Adelaide but we don't have any release letter. Is this going to be a problem?

Yes that is right. It’s not mandatory 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nudgee said:

yea it’s no longer the case because they cut the annual intake to record low number of 160000 and they decided to cut 887 in order to give other visas grants

Guys 887 doesn’t come from any quota . 489 comes from quota not 887. It’s just immi who don’t wanna give us grant. Thanks