887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

I really think they should start assigning more Cos for 887, Last month they hardly did anything and the processing time will no doubt increase to 24 months. 

And if they continue this speed in March the processing time will further increase, I will laugh if they increase the time to more than 24 months, they are really hopeless 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maninder said:

I complain in past but I complete my 19 months on 18 first thing I will do complain I recon you should at least I’ll bring it up again as by looks there are no co they just pick random files and call it 

I just complain on the phone and they gave that same standard reply that you're still under the standard processing time and we can't give you any update. I politely requested the gentleman to forward my call to their supervisor, he did. But guess what, the supervisor said the same thing. So I practically wasted my 30 minutes on the phone. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

I just complain on the phone and they gave that same standard reply that you're still under the standard processing time and we can't give you any update. I politely requested the gentleman to forward my call to their supervisor, he did. But guess what, the supervisor said the same thing. So I practically wasted my 30 minutes on the phone. 

Try do online as on phone all of them are really busy and they probably listen to lots of them every day so they don’t really care and don’t have tim  at least at written one you would have time and can explain or elaborate the problem 

Edited by Maninder
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxtt said:

Hi guys 

My bridging visa kicks in next month.

Immigration explain me that there is no restriction and I can move anywhere 

Anyone here, have a smiliar situton? And move to metropolitan area after bringing visa kicks in 

Anyone? 

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Now me and my family is in 489 visa and we will complete our 2years stay in regional area in November 2020.

In our case 489 primary applicant was me and in 887 primary applicant will be my husband as he is the one who has fullfill the work requirement. (35hr per week)

My question is , when we apply for 489 visa we paid second installment for my husband as he didn't do the english test. But when we apply for 887 visa does my husband need do ielts / english test for that.

TIA

9 hours ago, Splash said:

Guys give me some peace of mind . I don’t know when Govt witness couple of cases of mental imbalance and suicide they will act after that. 😒

Hey - take it easy "this too shall pass", please don't let this process take over your life, try to go with the flow and take life as it comes. Completely understand how difficult it is but we cannot do anything about it so please don't torture yourself and dont get this negative. Remember you are not the only one.....God bless you and all the best 🙏

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Splash said:

Guys give me some peace of mind . I don’t know when Govt witness couple of cases of mental imbalance and suicide they will act after that. 😒

Take it easy it is stressful just keep yourself busy keep your mind off it 

look at me I am waiting for 14 years already it’s ok we will all get there it’s just waiting game 

• Like 2

my roommate is on his last semester and will apply for 190 after he graduate, he is already start looking for house to buy because he knows the processing time for 190 is super fast. We work in regional for more than 3 years and pay huge taxes but those students who pay no taxes get pr 

Edited by nudgee

1 hour ago, Dee said:

Hey - take it easy "this too shall pass", please don't let this process take over your life, try to go with the flow and take life as it comes. Completely understand how difficult it is but we cannot do anything about it so please don't torture yourself and dont get this negative. Remember you are not the only one.....God bless you and all the best 🙏

11 hours ago, Splash said:

Stay strong my friend.. I know it is hard, but we have to stay focus and get this bloody thing. I reckon you start a new hobby, reading books, go fishing, etc.. 

• Like 1

Here are my thoughts and assumptions after observing over the last 6 months how the DHA is processing 887 visa applications. 
On an average to complete one month of 887 visa applications, they are taking one and half to two months. 

From now on to till the next federal election which is due in 2022 thr average time to get the grant for 887 visa applicants will be 15 months considering if they upload all relevant documents accurately. 

We all have to accept the fact. All we need to do is to kill the time by involving ourselves in learning new activities and the like. 

waiting time kills. That’s how life is. Life is all about uncertainty no matter how well we all plan. God bless everyone. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

Here are my thoughts and assumptions after observing over the last 6 months how the DHA is processing 887 visa applications. 
On an average to complete one month of 887 visa applications, they are taking one and half to two months. 

From now on to till the next federal election which is due in 2022 thr average time to get the grant for 887 visa applicants will be 15 months considering if they upload all relevant documents accurately. 

We all have to accept the fact. All we need to do is to kill the time by involving ourselves in learning new activities and the like. 

waiting time kills. That’s how life is. Life is all about uncertainty no matter how well we all plan. God bless everyone. 

you are right, fact is sad but things won't improve until after the next election

On 3/5/2020 at 5:38 PM, Amy1 said:

Hi all, 

Now me and my family is in 489 visa and we will complete our 2years stay in regional area in November 2020.

In our case 489 primary applicant was me and in 887 primary applicant will be my husband as he is the one who has fullfill the work requirement. (35hr per week)

My question is , when we apply for 489 visa we paid second installment for my husband as he didn't do the english test. But when we apply for 887 visa does my husband need do ielts / english test for that.

TIA

From what I know, once you have paid the second instalment for anyone, you don't need to pay it again during your 887 application. The best option will be to ask a registered migration agent to confirm this.

On 3/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, Maninder said:

I complain in past but I complete my 19 months on 18 first thing I will do complain I recon you should at least I’ll bring it up again as by looks there are no co they just pick random files and call it 

I did complaint too on 19 months, they opened my file again and gave me 3rd document request . And said after 28 days means end of March will open my file again 

On 3/5/2020 at 10:40 PM, Splash said:

It is really stressful time and I have already  sent my all family to overseas for 4 months to enjoy this waiting game duration 

Edited by DANISH RAZA
  • Like 1