887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

31 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Most casual staffs will lose their jobs or no work during the covid19 period, so 887 will pause as usual

When was it getting issued it has been on pause for more than 6 months now barely any grants since nov Like 30-40 

Edited by Maninder

6 hours ago, Satish said:

Looks like Global Visa Processing times page was broken, can't see any timelines for any visa.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

Whatever immi account showing should be the final one, i.e. 24-28 months😢

I wish all CO's should work on 887 now as there is no point of granting 491/other temporary visas now until they lift the travel ban.

Looks like they have special agenda for 887.... our processing time is longer not because there is huge amount of applications... its clearly because they don’t want people to move to Melbourne/ Sydney . Actually total number of 887 applications is less than 190 and 189.... but why they getting grant way too earlier? . Its sad that we have to go through this....

Today I am grateful for the fact I am in Australia, and with any visa. We worked hard at leaving the country we from (South Africa) for a better life here, and I know that even with all the frustration of this 887 visa, I would still rather be here and going through the struggles than being back home. 

And I could only imagine the pain some people are going through now trying to get into Australia or having to put on hold or the hard work that it takes in immigrating (imagine you had bought flights to move your whole life and its now on hold!).

• Thanks 2

Hi everyone,

Just need some advice on my 887 visa.

I have applied in oct 2018. 

first contact by CO january 2020; asked for my new born daughter's passport

and since then i havent heard anything, still waiting for my visa.

So my question is should i complaint or wait another month or so

If someone can help that would be great,

Thanks heaps

1 hour ago, BoddyFam said:

Today I am grateful for the fact I am in Australia, and with any visa. We worked hard at leaving the country we from (South Africa) for a better life here, and I know that even with all the frustration of this 887 visa, I would still rather be here and going through the struggles than being back home. 

And I could only imagine the pain some people are going through now trying to get into Australia or having to put on hold or the hard work that it takes in immigrating (imagine you had bought flights to move your whole life and its now on hold!).

Careful, they might think that you like waiting for 887

32 minutes ago, charanjit said:

Hi everyone,

Just need some advice on my 887 visa.

I have applied in oct 2018. 

first contact by CO january 2020; asked for my new born daughter's passport

and since then i havent heard anything, still waiting for my visa.

So my question is should i complaint or wait another month or so

If someone can help that would be great,

Thanks heaps

Doesn’t hurt to complain I have Ben waiting since aug 2018 first and only contact 12 nov2019

20 hours ago, nudgee said:
20 hours ago, nudgee said:

You are non resident, will you be able to book a flight and come back before 9pm tomorrow? If not you will be on bridging visa you can come back after they lift the travel ban but they haven’t release the date yet I guess they will ban the travel for at least another 2 months

Can you please explain how the bridging visa will be activated as i am overseas. I have bridging visa A. And I wont be able to get back on bridging visa A. And cant apply bridging visa B from overseas. I need some good info gow would I get back if 489 expires during the travel ban. 

1 hour ago, charanjit said:

Did you lodge any complaint?

Yeap last one 2 days ago one before that 2 weeks ago one before that 1 month ago one before that jan one before that dec one before that oct one before that aug 

they don’t care so do I keep complaining 

the talk to me or give me direct contact I’ll stop 

Edited by Maninder

3 hours ago, John akhil said:

See guys

processing time for all visas increased 

Not only 887

Can we move through court?

we have 4400 petitions till now in change.com

change.com will not get their attention.

I’ve invited everyone to be a part of legal activism. Trust me, 887ers are in their least priority. Since when I applied, immigration has delayed our applications at every possible opportunity and they don't acknowledge that.

There are only three people (myself including) in this group who have agreed to go to court which is simply not enough. There is a cost involved in hiring a lawyer. More people means less burden on everyone. I urge everyone to please register their interest to @nudgee, @Ricky or myself If you really want to make an effort to bring the time down. Otherwise, be ready for 36 months very soon. 

1 hour ago, Angry Coder said:

change.com will not get their attention.

I’ve invited everyone to be a part of legal activism. Trust me, 887ers are in their least priority. Since when I applied, immigration has delayed our applications at every possible opportunity and they don't acknowledge that.

There are only three people (myself including) in this group who have agreed to go to court which is simply not enough. There is a cost involved in hiring a lawyer. More people means less burden on everyone. I urge everyone to please register their interest to @nudgee, @Ricky or myself If you really want to make an effort to bring the time down. Otherwise, be ready for 36 months very soon. 

Last time I went to court it took me 8 years to settle the case so how long this one is going to take 30 - 40 years judicial system is not the Ans if u ask the layer he can get me residency by end 10 working days I’ll personally pay 10000 in cash 

look I am not demotivating any one here but I have said it before u can’t fight and win with Govt

govt has policies and they change them often all you can do is request again again again again again ......... by complaint form be the ant 🐜 in the elephant 🐘 trunk it is not bigger than the elephant but can bring animal on its knees ask, request and someone has to loathe some one in there will have enough of u and will pro chess it as if we really don’t have much left on us anyways worst going to happen is they find more documents well at least there is a contact 

Edited by Maninder

4 minutes ago, Maninder said:

Last time I went to court it took me 8 years to settle the case so how long this one is going to take 30 - 40 years judicial system is not the Ans if u ask the layer he can get me residency by end 10 working days I’ll personally pay 10000 in cash 

The purpose of the lawsuit is to get the attention of the department and mainstream media. So they realize that people are suffering. 

At this stage they continue to put us on hold because they are not answerable before anyone. Let's discuss it with a lawyer, they can show us a better way of dealing it.

7 hours ago, Angry Coder said:

The purpose of the lawsuit is to get the attention of the department and mainstream media. So they realize that people are suffering. 

At this stage they continue to put us on hold because they are not answerable before anyone. Let's discuss it with a lawyer, they can show us a better way of dealing it.

It’s good to be positive But immigration is not. Answerable to anyone has never been it their discretion 

Everyone has to have deep pockets for lawyers  it’s going to cost a lot of money 

Edited by Maninder

FAMILY STUCK IN PAKISTAN. VISA WILL EXPIRE on 04/07/2020.

More then 20 months on application. I am primary applicant of this 887 visa application and i am not sure that make decision on my application or not because all secondary applicants are overseas. 

To get back family in some options 

IF.

They Lift the ban.

IF the grant 887 to me only so my family can come back because i am onshore 

Don't know.........

because of this ban, immigration should relax their policies.

Edited by DANISH RAZA

On 3/20/2020 at 6:19 PM, Qasim Javed said:

Can you please explain how the bridging visa will be activated as i am overseas. I have bridging visa A. And I wont be able to get back on bridging visa A. And cant apply bridging visa B from overseas. I need some good info gow would I get back if 489 expires during the travel ban. 

Hi, what date your 489 visa is going to expire ?

12 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

FAMILY STUCK IN PAKISTAN. VISA WILL EXPIRE on 04/07/2020.

More then 20 months on application. I am primary applicant of this 887 visa application and i am not sure that make decision on my application or not because all secondary applicants are overseas. 

To get back family in some options 

IF.

They Lift the ban.

IF the grant 887 to me only so my family can come back because i am onshore 

Don't know.........

because of this ban, immigration should relax their policies.

I am.in the same boat. Infact I am primary applicant and I am stuck here. And 489 expiring in the mid of may.