887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 hours ago, Roma said:

Good morning mate! thank you so much for your response. Just a clarification please, did they ask payslips or you submitted to prove your address? Did they ask only address prove? 

Thank you in advance!

Roma

They asked for further evidence for the new address, didn't ask specifically payslip. I provided whatever can prove my new address and payslip is one of the evidence I provided.

“We have a large stock of people currently in the country who are potentially impacted by unemployment and closures as businesses, particularly in the services industry, wind down, who do not have access to Centrelink benefits,” Migration Council of Australia chief executive Carla Wilshire told Guardian Australia.

“Many of them have families and children, and rental payments … which creates a significant vulnerability in the community.”

Wilshire also said that tourist visa holders may need to be moved on to bridging visas to avoid being in breach of conditions and becoming unlawful, while other visa holders who breached work requirements could also find themselves in strife.

“There needs to be a review across all temporary migration streams of visa status and capacity to support people through vulnerability,” Wilshire said.

Labor is also raising concerns about the impact of the pandemic on the temporary migrant workforce, suggesting that if a large portion of temporary visa holders in Australia cannot leave, and cannot get financial support and medical treatment, they may be forced to continue working.

“They could be left with no choice but to unknowingly spread the virus as they are forced to keep working or keep seeking work,” a Labor spokesperson said.

“A virus does not check a person’s visa status. It affects everyone in the community. It is in Australia’s national interest for everyone – citizen or not – to be part of the extraordinary national effort to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.”

The National Farmers’ Federation was on Thursday in talks with the government about the restrictions on foreign travel and is seeking assurance that the supply of foreign labour will not dry up.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Satish said:

1 year full-time work and 2 years regional residency doesn't necessarily be cocontinuous , you can break it and sum-up to satisfy conditions..

You have 4 years time to fulfill these conditions. 

Hi @SatishThanks for your reply, i am working almost alternate week on 35hrs and one of the payslip is fortnightly. I am worried as i said earlier i couldn't find anywhere regarding 35hrs working condition whether it need to be continuous or not.

Now 887 processing has gone up to almost 2 years now i don't want to take any chances 😞 I don't know where to look for something in writing from Homeaffairs i have checked 887 eligibility and they haven't mentioned anything there

9 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

“We have a large stock of people currently in the country who are potentially impacted by unemployment and closures as businesses, particularly in the services industry, wind down, who do not have access to Centrelink benefits,” Migration Council of Australia chief executive Carla Wilshire told Guardian Australia.

“Many of them have families and children, and rental payments … which creates a significant vulnerability in the community.”

Wilshire also said that tourist visa holders may need to be moved on to bridging visas to avoid being in breach of conditions and becoming unlawful, while other visa holders who breached work requirements could also find themselves in strife.

“There needs to be a review across all temporary migration streams of visa status and capacity to support people through vulnerability,” Wilshire said.

Labor is also raising concerns about the impact of the pandemic on the temporary migrant workforce, suggesting that if a large portion of temporary visa holders in Australia cannot leave, and cannot get financial support and medical treatment, they may be forced to continue working.

“They could be left with no choice but to unknowingly spread the virus as they are forced to keep working or keep seeking work,” a Labor spokesperson said.

“A virus does not check a person’s visa status. It affects everyone in the community. It is in Australia’s national interest for everyone – citizen or not – to be part of the extraordinary national effort to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.”

The National Farmers’ Federation was on Thursday in talks with the government about the restrictions on foreign travel and is seeking assurance that the supply of foreign labour will not dry up.

but yet not they announce anything for migrants

On 3/23/2020 at 12:55 PM, Liveyourlife said:

Not necessarily in a continuous basis. You can do within 4 years of time but make sure once applied your 887 it has to meet the one year employment requirement. 

Can you please find me the source or anything in writing from HomeAffairrs as i cant find this anywhere

1 hour ago, March9th2019 said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Pretty sure the will include 489,491,494 visa holders to get the payments for jobless. Hurray 🍻🍻💵💵🍻🍻💵💵

Free dollars coming. 

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/non-citizens-could-receive-virus-payments-c-759724

Even if it does happen, they will have so strict eligibility that majority will be left out.

Under the epidemic situation, the ugliness and goodness of human nature have nothing to hide. Rather they process visa ASAP. But it's true that all kinds of  personality comes out. Some people would like to show their mercy and generosity and kindness to people in needs, but some evil like Peter Dutton for example would always think that migration are taking away his jobs, his money, his big city's space. Thanks the crsis let us see through the human nature behind this, and learn from this to be a thinkful, kind and humble person. However, like I said  Peter Dutton will soon come out from quarantine, sounds like a recovery evil bug, and likes being toxic and doing damaging things, he would be in big possiblity in blocking all good things to visa holders as he's doing  these  evil things for three  years! So God bless Us!!!

Edited by Seacity112

14 minutes ago, Maninder said:

Don’t Need the fucking money keep it

grant me my 887 that’s all I want so I can carry in with my life fuck this if they just care about granting visa in appropriate way I’ll be good 

110% agreed. Even if we get the money, it will be only for a very short time. While 887 is a long long wait. They can keep the money but give us our PR which we should have already received by now. 

• Like 1

I think COs are reluctant to process 887 VISA applications possibly because it takes more time for them to verify the submitted documents compared to 189 and 190 VISAs.

At the end of the day, it is just a job for them. If there is a daily work target for them to meet for their KPI, they would pick the easiest VISA to process to get their numbers up. 

887s will be left in a pile no one wants to touch. To work for a federal agency, you need to be Australian citizen, hence the reason they don't understand our struggles.

• Like 1