887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Sai said:

I think they may stop granting more permanent residencies as it is hard to recover from this type of crisis and in end they can say go back we can not give u permanent residency .

Why would you say that??? Do you have any source or any internal information?? Please do not write anything just for the heck of it; these are tough times lets not please please spread negativity if not positivity🙏 this is my humble request

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sai said:

I think they may stop granting more permanent residencies as it is hard to recover from this type of crisis and in end they can say go back we can not give u permanent residency .

They need migrants to recover the economy... what do you think why we are here? Because they like us or because they need people to work in regional Australia. Could be that they will prolong our regional residency to keep workers there... Now is harder or not possible to import more workers.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dee said:

Why would you say that??? Do you have any source or any internal information?? Please do not write anything just for the heck of it; these are tough times lets not please please spread negativity if not positivity🙏 this is my humble request

You are right. We need to be positive. We have worked very hard for years and paid taxes, they just can’t tell us to leave. A lot of us have been doing jobs completely different from our education and previous experience for years and if God forbid anything of such sort happens, we wouldn’t be able to survive in our respective countries coz we wouldn’t have any recent experience and wouldn’t be able to get good jobs. Let’s hope for the best for us and our families.

• Like 1

MIA (The Migration institute of Australia) always communicate directly with Home affairs to provide update on policy. I wonder if we should approach their national director, his name is John Hourigan, he also run a migration service, will call his office tomorrow to see if they can pass the message to home affairs, but he may charge a fee for service. Any opinion?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

MIA (The Migration institute of Australia) always communicate directly with Home affairs to provide update on policy. I wonder if we should approach their national director, his name is John Hourigan, he also run a migration service, will call his office tomorrow to see if they can pass the message to home affairs, but he may charge a fee for service. Any opinion?

Sounds a like a plan, may be we all can chip in a little and should be able to pay whatever the fee might be. 

Sounds a like a plan, may be we all can chip in a little and should be able to pay whatever the fee might be. 

25767da70c22c07b3ee3ab0ca03d4932.jpg

This is his contact information if anyone wants to call him or emails him,I will call him tomorrow to see if he can provide any assistance, I know MIA often raises questions to DHA and home affairs will respond to them

54 minutes ago, nudgee said:

25767da70c22c07b3ee3ab0ca03d4932.jpg

This is his contact information if anyone wants to call him or emails him,I will call him tomorrow to see if he can provide any assistance, I know MIA often raises questions to DHA and home affairs will respond to them

Good work, call him and let us know how it goes. I will contact him as well. Also our main focus should be on the processing times. 

33 signs in less than 1 hour. That's awesome guys. keep it up

Hello Guys,

I have submitted a PETITION TO THE PARLIAMENT OF AUSTRALIA about our case.

It would be awesome If you sign the petition. May our voices heard if we sign the petition with large numbers. It is a 5 minutes job.

https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1378

Regards

Done, great job for creating this, any little thing count

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

Hello Guys,

It would be awesome If you sign the petition. May our voices heard if we sign the petition with large numbers. It is a 5 minutes job.

Regards

This is a good link! It's not 19-22 months any more,  24-28 months processing time for regional skilled migrants is a significant virus spreading within DHA ( by Peter Dutton), all directions are trying to display their mercy now, why couldn't see this and it's time to correct it. 

Edited by Seacity112

12 hours ago, Moksha said:

33 signs in less than 1 hour. That's awesome guys. keep it up

Hello Guys,

Regards

Done/Signed; thanks for the initiative....

I just spoke to John Hourigan (the ndirector of MIA) on the phone but he said there is nothing he can do, he knows we are on a bridging visa and we have assess the Medicare and have proper work right, he said we will just have to wait unfortunately...well we need to find another way then...

• Sad 2

Just now, nudgee said:

I just spoke to John Hourigan (the ndirector of MIA) on the phone but he said there is nothing he can do, he knows we are on a bridging visa and we have assess the Medicare and have proper work right, he said we will just have to wait unfortunately...well we need to find another way then...

Ah man, that sucks. Thanks so much for doing that though!! At least we keep trying.