887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Aussie 12 said:

Hi Shivani,

I sent both emails on skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au 

First time I asked for an update since I was waiting long after their generic email that we will be contacted soon. 

Second time I asked again for an update because I was waiting almost 19 months and already provided all that they asked for the first time...so I believed that I have all the documents.

Both times I asked them politely in a normal manner to update me if I need to provide more...That we just want to follow all the procedure and to stay in regional Australia but at the same time if they can tell us what we need to do to finish all the process. When we applied for the 887, the waiting period was around 10 months.

We did our application by ourselves, and we tried to provide and sort all the documents nicely.

Hope this will help

Cheers

Thank u for all the information u provided me.

could you please advise if i would need to submit AFP again as it’s already been 15 months.

would case officer ask for it again.

2 hours ago, DANISH RAZA said:

Congratulations all 3 families. 
it’s gives us hope that immigration will grant us too.

applied 17 July 2018

case Officer is Katherine

i don’t know she is working or no   

Mine is CO rejina applied on 25th september 2018. Does any one got CO Rejina too??

Hi, 

I found a refused visa 887 case which could be happened to us as well. The applicant was refused to grant her visa 887 due to the difference between her PAYG and ATO notice of assessment. I have checked mine and seen the same issue. After reviewing all PAYGs, tax lodgement and Notice of assessment, i realised that the different amount due to gross interest.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/cth/AATA/2016/4290.html?context=1;query=Visa 887 ;mask_path=au/cases/cth/AATA

Edited by Mangau

7 hours ago, jkfooty said:

Hi, First of all Congrats. How old is ur son, what age is it necessary to have their medical, i know depends on CO but how old was he ?

Also what is JP check ? Do you mean GP?

Just asking so i can prepare early. Congrats once again

Hi

my son is 2 years old. I don't know how old they are should be to go for BUPA medical...if you go back on this forum I think you can find about this topic... could be 6 months.

Yes, my mistake...it is GP. Baby was 1 month old when they sent to us an email - notice to do medical  

• Thanks 1

HI EVERY ONE IT IS VERY GOOD THAT SOME GRANTS CAME THROUGH PLEASE DO NOT GET GET OFF TRACK 

PETITION HAS TO BE SIGNED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE PLEASE SIGN GET YOUR FAMILIES TO SIGN FRIENDS TO SIGN 

THERE ARE SO MANY GET IT DONE PLEASE GUYS 

Edited by Maninder

Hi, 

I found a refused visa 887 case which could be happened to us as well. The applicant was refused to grant her visa 887 due to the difference between her PAYG and ATO notice of assessment. I have checked mine and seen the same issue. After reviewing all PAYGs, tax lodgement and Notice of assessment, i realised that the different amount due to gross interest.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/cth/AATA/2016/4290.html?context=1;query=Visa 887 ;mask_path=au/cases/cth/AATA

That’s scary, the difference is because of deduction? PAYG summary is before deduction and Tax assessment is after deduction amount?

5 hours ago, Mangau said:

Hi, 

did no get this? Where do I have to check? 

2 hours ago, nudgee said:

That’s scary, the difference is because of deduction? PAYG summary is before deduction and Tax assessment is after deduction amount?

i checked mine all good of my 1 year and 8 months correct only difference 20 cents in between my payslips and ato notice assessment i think 20 cents is not a big difference as my 1 year and 8 months all are correctly mention

i checked mine all good of my 1 year and 8 months correct only difference 20 cents in between my payslips and ato notice assessment i think 20 cents is not a big difference as my 1 year and 8 months all are correctly mention

So I assume you did not claim any work related deductions then, but for most should be different because of deduction will reduce the taxable amount on the notice of assessment. I claim about 200 dollars deductions so the amount on my notice of assessment is 200 less than the PAYG summary. Anyone else have different figures on their PAYG and tax assessment ?

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

So I assume you did not claim any work related deductions then, but for most should be different because of deduction will reduce the taxable amount on the notice of assessment. I claim about 200 dollars deductions so the amount on my notice of assessment is 200 less than the PAYG summary. Anyone else have different figures on their PAYG and tax assessment ?

but it also mention gross income on left hand side when you see

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

i dont have any work related deduction simple gross income and they deduct tax  from payg withheld after i got refund whatever left

i dont have any work related deduction simple gross income and they deduct tax  from payg withheld after i got refund whatever left

Yea everyone is different, if you don’t have any deduction, your gross income and taxable income will be the same amount, if you have deduction the taxable income will be lower.

But the above refusal case is different, his/her taxable income is higher than the PAYG which doesn’t make sense. If lower is normal I guess

Please read the whole case, at the end, the tribunal found the evidence in favor of the applicant and remitted the case. I guess that’s just one case in thousands. We all should be fine, our payg and ato assessment are all genuine and legal and technically there is no way they can refuse our visas on something genuine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

Yea everyone is different, if you don’t have any deduction, your gross income and taxable income will be the same amount, if you have deduction the taxable income will be lower.

But the above refusal case is different, his/her taxable income is higher than the PAYG which doesn’t make sense. If lower is normal I guess

i was worried to see that in my payslips mention 1440.2 and payg and notice says 1440.00 gross income so 20 cents difference but my agent said no worries as i still have 1 year and 8 month job which is all match ....

Also if we start taking out cases that are with the tribunal which have been refused then we would go crazy. Let’s hope for the best. I am a May 2019 applicant and I have accepted the fact that my file will open next year in May. I have also been thinking a lot about my PR which is obviously not good for my mental health as it is something beyond my circle of influence. I am just hoping for the best. And would suggest you all not to stress for the sake of your mental health.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Have you been contacted atleast? Hope you get your grant soon!!

They did ask me for police check and further documents on 17th of December. Lets see how long they will take.. cant do any thing else except waiting.

• Like 1