887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 hours ago, MDI said:

Hi anyone got case officer RAJANI in this forum.  I didn't see anyone mentioned her name earlier. 

Yes i got the case officer Rajani. I applied on 25th sep 2018 and asked for police check and working proof on december 2019 and i am still waiting for decision up to now

Edited by Sunjay

The below is an email response I got from the Dept of Home Affairs this morning. This seems slightly different from other responses to complaints? Anyone else agree? I don't really know what to make it of it to be honest.... Also just a note - I personalised my letter (took some of Marks letter and edited it for this complaint as it directly relates to my visa application) and I also took a lot of the Covid-19 references out as I believe whether there is a pandemic or not, the processing time is ridiculous. 

"The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 16 April 2020. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

In regards to your processing time, we apologise for any delay you are experiencing during this time.

Global visa processing times will be updated monthly, providing you with an indicative timeframe for processing applications. Processing times are available for the majority of visa subclasses products, but will exclude a few subclasses such as those closed to new entrants, subject to capping and queueing, or which have a low volume of applications. Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally.

Processing times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, and incomplete applications. Processing times include applications lodged online and by paper. Where available, you should lodge your application online as it helps streamline processing arrangements.

Although processing areas are taking all available steps to minimise any delays and finalise applications as soon as possible, the Department’s services are currently being impacted by COVID-19. We have provided the relevant processing area your feedback, and they may provide further response at their discretion, however no further response has been requested and we have now closed this case.

Please note that regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, the Department of Home Affairs is working closely with the Departments of Health, Agriculture and other agencies as part of the whole of Government response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). During this time we ask that you refer to the Department’s website www.homeaffairs.gov.au for further information and instructions relating to these disruptions. If you require additional information, we are continuing to update the Department’s website as further details become available.

We hope this information has been helpful to you.

Yours sincerely

Vym

Global Feedback Unit

Department of Home Affairs

Edited by BoddyFam

The below is an email response I got from the Dept of Home Affairs this morning. This seems slightly different from other responses to complaints? Anyone else agree? I don't really know what to make it of it to be honest.... Also just a note - I personalised my letter (took some of Marks letter and edited it for this complaint as it directly relates to my visa application) and I also took a lot of the Covid-19 references out as I believe whether there is a pandemic or not, the processing time is ridiculous. 

"The Department of Home Affairs has received your feedback on 16 April 2020. Feedback on our processes and services is important and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

In regards to your processing time, we apologise for any delay you are experiencing during this time.

Global visa processing times will be updated monthly, providing you with an indicative timeframe for processing applications. Processing times are available for the majority of visa subclasses products, but will exclude a few subclasses such as those closed to new entrants, subject to capping and queueing, or which have a low volume of applications. Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally.

Processing times are impacted each month by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks, complex cases, and incomplete applications. Processing times include applications lodged online and by paper. Where available, you should lodge your application online as it helps streamline processing arrangements.

Although processing areas are taking all available steps to minimise any delays and finalise applications as soon as possible, the Department’s services are currently being impacted by COVID-19. We have provided the relevant processing area your feedback, and they may provide further response at their discretion, however no further response has been requested and we have now closed this case.

Please note that regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, the Department of Home Affairs is working closely with the Departments of Health, Agriculture and other agencies as part of the whole of Government response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). During this time we ask that you refer to the Department’s website www.homeaffairs.gov.au for further information and instructions relating to these disruptions. If you require additional information, we are continuing to update the Department’s website as further details become available.

Yours sincerely

Vym

Global Feedback Unit

It looks like just another template email, they try to blame the COVID-19 for the reason of delay but we all know it’s nothing to do with that, because all other visas are unaffected.
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

I am on a 489 visa and going to apply for 887, I came to Adelaide on 22/4/2018 and traveled overseas for 7 weeks during the last 2 years, just wondering should I wait for 7 weeks after 22/4/2020 and then apply for PR?

Do I need to provide Police Clearance when I am applying for 887 or wait for the case officer to request it?

Do we need to provide a new police check from our origin country?

53 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Yours sincerely

Vym

Global Feedback Unit

This is one more option to try - https://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm

More direct and official channel. 

The response is certainly very generic in nature, not providing any insights.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eli said:

Hi Guys,

I am on a 489 visa and going to apply for 887, I came to Adelaide on 22/4/2018 and traveled overseas for 7 weeks during the last 2 years, just wondering should I wait for 7 weeks after 22/4/2020 and then apply for PR?

Do I need to provide Police Clearance when I am applying for 887 or wait for the case officer to request it?

Do we need to provide a new police check from our origin country?

Yes, It will not make a huge difference as of now nothing is moving in terms of processing. So it makes more sense to wait and apply when you have completed 2 year period.

Yes, but you can delay it so that you need not apply for multiple AFP due lengthy processing times.

Do we need to provide a new police check from our origin country? Yes

• Like 1

Hi All,
could you please advise me if I should also complaint.
887 applied :20/11/2018
co:24/02/2010
submitted :10/03/2020( AFP and ielts). 

Waiting ..1 months 7 days after since requested documents submitted .

thanks [emoji120]
Off course yes....don't hesitate to multiple times....

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Nov21/2018 said:

Hi All,

could you please advise me if I should also complaint.

887 applied :20/11/2018

co:24/02/2010

submitted :10/03/2020( AFP and ielts). 

Waiting ..1 months 7 days after since requested documents submitted .

thanks 🙏

Hello 

yap u should put complaint.

but my concern is did u submit ielts and afp when u applied?are they asking for primary applicant or secondary applicant?

good luck hope u will receive ur dream email soon

Finally got the grant on Friday. Alhamdulillah for everything.

I just woke up and checked my account and it's finalised. I applied with a migration agent he even does not know. I was expecting a call from him. Nevermind 

Application date: 3rd December 2018 

Single Applicant

Granted: :17 April 2020

Case officerHeidi

Position Number: 60033277

All the best everyone. 

Edited by Maxzone
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Maxzone said:

I just woke up and checked my account and it's finalised. I applied with a migration agent he even does not know. I was expecting a call from him. Nevermind 

Case officerHeidi

All the best everyone. 

congratulations

• Thanks 1

Case officer: Heidi
All the best everyone. 

Wow big congratulations to you!! December is officially opened enjoy your freedom
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Case officerHeidi

All the best everyone. 

Wow ! Great 

• Thanks 1

Case officer: Heidi
All the best everyone. 
This is most awaited visa... Congratulations bro....Enjoy your life...
I am very happy for you...
I wish you n your family wonderful life ahead...@nudgee you are next bro

Can I check your screen shot ?... ( Just on lighter note bro; kidding...thought of mock around with you, otherwise you generally don't enough chance)

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Case officerHeidi

All the best everyone. 

Wow, very happy for you!! Congrats.

• Thanks 1