887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Did you apply in 31 Dec 2019? They started to process December files recently so hopefully they reopen your file within the next two weeks.

yes, I had applied on 31 Dec 2018. 
How do I know my case officer? 

Edited by Bipin
mistake on date

On 4/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, AmitB said:

I would suggest to get consultation from MARA agent. Technically you are complying with visa conditions but with few cases on blog , CO’s had objected if more time spent outside australia and asked to justify intentions towards long term commitment to settle in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know of such blogs , can you share the link please.I will consult the mara agents 

Hi guys I just joined this group . I applied on 29/6/2018 . Was contacted on 9/9/2019 to submit police check and still waiting for grant !  Anyone applied before me still waiting ? I think I’m the last . Case officer rajani . Also the telegram group chat link is not  vilid ! I’m thinking we should all use Twitter to #peter Dutton and # Scott Morrison to push for faster grant 

14 hours ago, Nov21/2018 said:

Hi All ,
It’s amusing that within little time our new 887 Whatspp group got fulled because of member limits.

Many people has send me personal massage that they can’t access .

So we will  be going to transfer our group from Whatspp to https://t.me/joinchat/QZBfwhrwKl5K0dLvHsNdlg.

everyone’s help will be highly appreciated .

Hi,

The link is not working. It says chat room does not exist.

11 hours ago, sislam said:

hi

when I can get Medicare card right after 887 apply???  does Medicare will cover pregnancy costs or I have to carry on my private health care before 887 grant 

I would suggest, you keep the private insurance until your delivery. you will be on sage side. On medicare they will cover but you have to pay out of pocket money.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, katief said:

Hi guys I just joined this group . I applied on 29/6/2018 . Was contacted on 9/9/2019 to submit police check and still waiting for grant !  Anyone applied before me still waiting ? I think I’m the last . Case officer rajani . Also the telegram group chat link is not  vilid ! I’m thinking we should all use Twitter to #peter Dutton and # Scott Morrison to push for faster grant 

Hi mate,

I applied September 2018,

1st contact December 2019, request updated PCC for home country. (When I submitted my visa in 2018 I submitted updated pcc of home country and after that I didn't visit my home country but the case officer again ask as it expires)

As requested I submit the the updated pcc again in December 2019.

Still waiting for grant.

Co: RAJANI. 

Did you complain ever?

Hope the department can prioritize 887 and assign more COs from tomorrow and continue the good work like last Thursday and Friday. Really excite to see what happen tomorrow, let’s hope they can finalize all the 887 application before the end of this financial year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDI said:

Hi mate,

I applied September 2018,

1st contact December 2019, request updated PCC for home country. (When I submitted my visa in 2018 I submitted updated pcc of home country and after that I didn't visit my home country but the case officer again ask as it expires)

As requested I submit the the updated pcc again in December 2019.

Still waiting for grant.

Co: RAJANI. 

Did you complain ever?

Thank you for sharing, this is what worries me as well. My home country PCC expires next month, I haven’t been to my home country since then. But I know they will ask just to stall the grant. But it will be very difficult to provide due to current situation. I am very worried what if they ask coz I won’t be able to provide it in time until the situation is normal. 

The following detail is from immi.gov page, as per point 4 I don’t know why they still ask for PCC when someone hasn’t been to their home country after providing PCC

Penal clearance certificates – validity issues

There has been some confusion in relation the police certificate validity requirements. These requirements are as follows:

• For visa assessment purposes, all police certificates issued are considered valid for 12 months from the date of issue, irrespective of the period specified by the issuing country. 
  • If the applicant returns to the country that issued the police certificate during the certificate’s validity, it will generally not affect the validity.
  • Where an overseas police certificate has expired and the applicant has returned to the country that issued the certificate for more than two months in total (as a cumulative period) since the certificate expired, a new certificate will need to be provided.
  • Where a certificate has expired and the applicant has NOT returned to the country that issued the certificate, a new certificate is not required.

7 hours ago, katief said:

17/07/2018 You are not alone.

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

Hope the department can prioritize 887 and assign more COs from tomorrow and continue the good work like last Thursday and Friday. Really excite to see what happen tomorrow, let’s hope they can finalize all the 887 application before the end of this financial year.

Why do you think that they will do anything tomorrow?