887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Thanks to all...

I have figured one thing out...and might be helpful to others as well.....

try to upload the updated documents like the payslips, bank statements, tax notices, super statements etc...

I uploaded mine 10 days ago up to the very latest payslips  even though it isn't really required...but really helps for a direct grant

It kinds of kills every chance of the CO asking for  further documents to confirm your current status just before they give your grant  (I guess that's just cos its been a long time since we have originally uploaded our  documents first time around)

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Muhammad said:

Thanks to ALMIGHTY ALLAH

what is this...

i just wished someone 5 minutes ago and now i got my GRANT just now...Unbelievable

I applied on 01/01/2019

Direct Grant today 01/05/2020 (exactly 16 months) 😍

complained once last week

CO -Nikhila

Hope everyone gets there visa sooner rather than later....Thanks to this forum and everyone for every encouraging word ever been said

Say Thanks to Nikhla Mate .............. Not anyone else

10 minutes ago, Muhammad said:

Thanks to all...

I have figured one thing out...and might be helpful to others as well.....

try to upload the updated documents like the payslips, bank statements, tax notices, super statements etc...

I uploaded mine 10 days ago up to the very latest payslips  even though it isn't really required...but really helps for a direct grant

It kinds of kills every chance of the CO asking for  further documents to confirm your current status just before they give your grant  (I guess that's just cos its been a long time since we have originally uploaded our  documents first time around)

congrats bro

Another thought crossed my mind...looking back at the visa pattern...it seems there was one established group of case officer who were taking there sweet time (anywhere a minimum of 12 to 20 months) and asking for extra documents left , right and center....even the updated version of the one that's already been uploaded 

but since the allocation of new CO...presumably due to CORONA Virus...

these guys quickly checks the basic requirements...everything is there...good ...Done...here is your GRANT...

No hassle

GOD bless all theses new CO especially Nikhila my CO😘

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Muhammad said:

Another thought crossed my mind...looking back at the visa pattern...it seems there was one established group of case officer who were taking there sweet time (anywhere a minimum of 12 to 20 months) and asking for extra documents left , right and center....even the updated version of the one that's already been uploaded 

these guys quickly checks the basic requirements...everything is there...good ...Done...here is your GRANT...

No hassle

enjoy weekend and now we will wait for monday again 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, TTTF said:

I am on a 489 visa and going to apply for 887, I came to Adelaide on 22/4/2018 and traveled overseas for 7 weeks during the last 2 years, just wondering should I wait for 7 weeks after 22/4/2020 and then apply for PR? 

Yes, It will not make a huge difference as of now nothing is moving in terms of processing. So it makes more sense to wait and apply when you have completed 2 year period.

Do I need to provide Police Clearance when I am applying for 887 or wait for the case officer to request it?

Yes, but you can delay it so that you need not apply for multiple AFP due lengthy processing times.

Do we need to provide a new police check from our origin country? Yes

Thank you for your help, really appreciated 🙂  

My Husband achieved Certificate III in English proficiency here in Australia, would this be considered as proof on functional English for the spouse?

Hi everyone,

I submitted 887 on 09/10/2018,

first contact 30/12/2019 asked for AFP and submitted on 10/01/2020.., still no response. CO: Wilson.

and I came to india on 14/03/2020 and stuck here with corona pandemic waiting for boarders to open to come back Australia.

my question is am I still have a chance to get my PR or need to wait until I come back? And my 489 is expiring in July last week.

please advise what to do.

TIA. 

8 minutes ago, Ramz said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted 887 on 09/10/2018,

first contact 30/12/2019 asked for AFP and submitted on 10/01/2020.., still no response. CO: Wilson.

and I came to india on 14/03/2020 and stuck here with corona pandemic waiting for boarders to open to come back Australia.

my question is am I still have a chance to get my PR or need to wait until I come back? And my 489 is expiring in July last week.

please advise what to do.

TIA. 

All applicants must be onshore when 887 visa be granted.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Hi Guys, Just got my direct grant, applied 4/12/2018.

single applicant.

Co, Andrej

Big congratulations 

I have applied 30th dec 2018 but still there is no contact by co...

Just waiting for golden mail

Thanks 

3 hours ago, shohag said:

Hi everyone. Just to let everyone know that I have got my PR today. Thank you all senior members to keep this wonderfull page running. I have been silently following you guys for quite sometime. 

Applied - 27th Dec 2018

Finalised -  1st of may 2020 (Direct grant)

Complained - once 3 days ago, I did not  complain to be honest, I sent a feedback. But I was confirmed by a reply email that my concern will be passed on to  the immigration ASAP. Not really sure whether it worked or not. I believe no harm to complain.

applicant number - 2

CO-  Nikhila

Best of luck to all awaited applicants. InsaAllah We all will get it sooner or later. Just an advise - "DO NOT WAIT FOR THE CASE OFFICER TO ASK YOU FOR ANY DOCUMENTS, ALWAYS KEEP THEM UPDATED INCLUDING PAYSLIPS, RESIDENTIAL PROOFS"

Congratulation on your grant friend. 😊 Quick question ? What do you mean by keep "Document" updated ? Have you uploaded even beyond requirements ? after applying 887 too ?

2 hours ago, memphis said:

Hi guys

i am just wondering how many times are 489 visa holders allowed to travel to metropolitan city In a month.

i traveled to metropolitan city 1-2 times to catch up with friends in a month. I have been working at the same company in the regional area for 4th year (it has been more than 3 years now) and I used annual leave to attend the conference. I rarely stayed over night, I just came back to my home (regional area) on the same day when i needed to go to metropolitan city. 

i know there is no travel restriction on 489 visa but I am wondering if immigration department will question about this. 

Nope, those don'r count. Don't worry friend 😊

1 hour ago, Muhammad said:

Thanks to ALMIGHTY ALLAH

what is this...

i just wished someone 5 minutes ago and now i got my GRANT just now...Unbelievable

I applied on 01/01/2019

Direct Grant today 01/05/2020 (exactly 16 months) 😍

complained once last week

CO -Nikhila

Hope everyone gets there visa sooner rather than later....Thanks to this forum and everyone for every encouraging word ever been said

Congrats Mate

1 hour ago, Muhammad said:

No hassle

Sorry, not agreed, I am following this forum for last 16 months and our seniors have mentioned so many times that the files should be updated and their files were complete indeed.

First thing is that due to corona, Govt. Has left 489 and there was pressure from everywhere and secondly they are also not busy now.

They didn't want to do it, so they had not done it,, that's all.

Otherwise I am pretty confident, our seniors had a very good presentation of docs and also the updated one. 

Best of luck every one...

• Like 1