887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

42 minutes ago, jahidul said:

Hlo guys , 

I applyed my 887 through  a migration agent , so if i want to upload any documents can i do it , there will be any problem for it ? and can i lodge   a complaint by myself ?

Anyone have any idea?

I normally don't trust migration agents (with my own experience) They only care about you until you make the payments. It is your visa and you should always double (sorry triple) check that all the documents are uploaded. Otherwise, if something happens, it doesn't help even the migration agents would give you money back (which never happens). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ramz said:

Hi everyone,

I submitted 887 on 09/10/2018,

first contact 30/12/2019 asked for AFP and submitted on 10/01/2020.., still no response. CO: Wilson.

and I came to india on 14/03/2020 and stuck here with corona pandemic waiting for boarders to open to come back Australia.

my question is am I still have a chance to get my PR or need to wait until I come back? And my 489 is expiring in July last week.

please advise what to do.

TIA. 

Same situation for many of us...plz join the watsapp group of 170 members who are facing same issues and to discuss further options. Group(489 stuck offshore)

https://chat.whatsapp.com/KXw3P4WPD9wGr4ove03vM3

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ramz said:

We don’t get bridging visa while in overseas  after 489 expires ..., and some says we don’t get grants for 887 when we are in overseas.

am waiting for international flights to start to reach Aus ASAP.

covid-19 put us in a big rick.

dont know what to do...hmm

With limited knowledge i Have you can't apply for for bridging visa or extend your existing bridging visa B when you are overseas. Whenever travel resumes you need to apply for visitors visa with all your supporting documents you have from your 887 visa such as existing expired visa and explain your situation through a cover letter. Hope that helps

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, charithamadu said:

They Asked to Fill form 1399 for me and my partner.

My partner paid for English during 489 Application and she is eligible for free tution on her arrival. They asked evidence of enrollment.

My partner also paid English during 489 visa onshore. But he didn’t enrol any free tuition and my agent also not suggested anything to do. We applied now 887 visa and he is now main applicant. Can you please explain a bit that what kind of enrollment CO is asking and how we get this.

Also we need it or not as now my husband is main applicant.

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Khushi said:

My partner also paid English during 489 visa onshore. But he didn’t enrol any free tuition and my agent also not suggested anything to do. We applied now 887 visa and he is now main applicant. Can you please explain a bit that what kind of enrollment CO is asking and how we get this.

Thanks 

Hi khushi,

your scenario is different to mine. In my case main applicant not changed. 

They requested as below;

You have provided evidence that you paid the 2nd installment VAC on your previous visa.

Each person in respect of whom a 2nd instalment VAC is paid is entitled to up to 510 hours English language tuition after arrival in Australia.

Please provide evidence that you have undertaken, or are enrolled in, English language tuition.

35 minutes ago, charithamadu said:

Hi khushi,

your scenario is different to mine. In my case main applicant not changed. 

They requested as below;

You have provided evidence that you paid the 2nd installment VAC on your previous visa.

Each person in respect of whom a 2nd instalment VAC is paid is entitled to up to 510 hours English language tuition after arrival in Australia.

Please provide evidence that you have undertaken, or are enrolled in, English language tuition.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/settling-in-australia/amep/about-the-program

9 hours ago, Khushi said:

Thanks 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/settling-in-australia/amep/about-the-program

12 hours ago, jahidul said:

Hlo guys , 

I applyed my 887 through  a migration agent , so if i want to upload any documents can i do it , there will be any problem for it ? and can i lodge   a complaint by myself ?

Anyone have any idea?

I am also applied through agent... don’t trust them. Just import your application to immi account and upload all necessary documents,  people been asked before. 

57 minutes ago, agk said:

I am also applied through agent... don’t trust them. Just import your application to immi account and upload all necessary documents,  people been asked before. 

Hi can you let me know how to do it?Also when we do same the agent can still access application ? Or both of us can access it ? 

1 minute ago, Jessi said:

Hi can you let me know how to do it?Also when we do same the agent can still access application ? Or both of us can access it ? 

To import an online application:

1. log in to ImmiAccount 
  2. select 'Import Application'
  3. enter the Application ID, date of birth, travel document number and country for the main applicant 
  4. select 'Confirm'

The imported application will show in your ImmiAccount.

after you import a application , you and agent have access to application without any change.

5 minutes ago, agk said:

1. log in to ImmiAccount 
  3. enter the Application ID, date of birth, travel document number and country for the main applicant 
  4. select 'Confirm'

after you import a application , you and agent have access to application without any change.

I had never created immi account do I need to create one or I have to ask my agent for same?Can you guide me the steps

1 minute ago, Jessi said:

I had never created immi account do I need to create one or I have to ask my agent for same?Can you guide me the steps

you don't have to ask anything to agent to do this. don't worry  about that.  go to  

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login and scroll down and find create account section. follow the process and use the same details used in your application... ( gmail id, DOB, passport details etc.) after you created the immi account try to import application. its easy

23 minutes ago, agk said:

you don't have to ask anything to agent to do this. don't worry  about that.  go to  

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login and scroll down and find create account section. follow the process and use the same details used in your application... ( gmail id, DOB, passport details etc.) after you created the immi account try to import application. its easy

Thank you so much I will create same today.Will my agent be able to know that I had created immi account because once he told me if you export your application than he can’t access same & he will not take any accountability for application lodged than only I have to manage account 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agk said:

1. log in to ImmiAccount 
  4. select 'Confirm'

I want to do this as well. If i import my application to my own immiaccount than will my agent know about it?

Hi Guys,

I am assigned with CO and she is asking further documents. One of them is the attainment letter or completion letter or some sort for the translation course i was undertaking before i was granted with 489 visa. 

When i was filling out the 887 application, i ticked the box as completed in the qualification section i thought i would have completed the course. But i think i should have ticked "withdrew" rather than "completed" because i had an intention to move to regional area with 489 visa and at that time i gave up the translation course and did not attend the classes anymore right after the grant of 489 visa.

and the translation course was finished in the same month when my 489 was granted, which was in September 2016. When CO is looking at my form 80, she thinks or at least she wants to double check if i was still studying still in the metropolitan city because in the qualification part of form 80 it says it has been completed.

I am thinking to complete 1023, which is the notification of incorrect answer(s) form and possibly update my form 80 changing it from "completed to withdrew" and i am going to request the translation school to provide me letter stating with date that i attended class until certain date. Also, provide the explanation that i was preparing to move to regional area and i stopped going to class after 489 visa was granted. 

Could you give me an advice upon this situation more? Thank you so much guys

1 hour ago, Jessi said:

Thank you so much I will create same today.Will my agent be able to know that I had created immi account because once he told me if you export your application than he can’t access same & he will not take any accountability for application lodged than only I have to manage account 

Edited by agk

Hi Guys,
I am assigned with CO and she is asking further documents. One of them is the attainment letter or completion letter or some sort for the translation course i was undertaking before i was granted with 489 visa. 
When i was filling out the 887 application, i ticked the box as completed in the qualification section i thought i would have completed the course. But i think i should have ticked "withdrew" rather than "completed" because i had an intention to move to regional area with 489 visa and at that time i gave up the translation course and did not attend the classes anymore right after the grant of 489 visa.
and the translation course was finished in the same month when my 489 was granted, which was in September 2016. When CO is looking at my form 80, she thinks or at least she wants to double check if i was still studying still in the metropolitan city because in the qualification part of form 80 it says it has been completed.
I am thinking to complete 1023, which is the notification of incorrect answer(s) form and possibly update my form 80 changing it from "completed to withdrew" and i am going to request the translation school to provide me letter stating with date that i attended class until certain date. Also, provide the explanation that i was preparing to move to regional area and i stopped going to class after 489 visa was granted. 
Could you give me an advice upon this situation more? Thank you so much guys

Definitely give a detailed explanation to CO as why the mistake was made and get the college to provide you a letter stating you withdraw from the course hence cannot provide completion letter. I know it’s an unintentional mistake but CO may think you have provided misleading information that you have complete the course which can lead to serious problem. I think you should consult with an experienced migration agent and get some advice from professional. Good luck hope you will be ok.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Definitely give a detailed explanation to CO as why the mistake was made and get the college to provide you a letter stating you withdraw from the course hence cannot provide completion letter. I know it’s an unintentional mistake but CO may think you have provided misleading information that you have complete the course which can lead to serious problem. I think you should consult with an experienced migration agent and get some advice from professional. Good luck hope you will be ok.

Thank you so much for your advice nudgee.

Thank you so much for your advice nudgee.

I think you should be fine as you withdrew from the course and did not continue with the study, so you didn’t breach the visa condition. You just need to provide a reasonable explanation. But still highly recommended to have a chat with professional and all the best :)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, agk said:

i am not sure. but what is the problem if your agent know about it?

It’s not about problem it’s like taking control by yourself . Than his (agent) responsibility his onus is over.As I had paid him so he is managing the process but as soon as I took over he will raise his hand & will say you have to manage own your own.Thats why I asked that will he be able to get any notification if I export my file.Anyone in the forum who had done this can certainly help me

Hey guys, 
i have applied 887 on May 3rd 2019

like I said before ....

I’m in the same situation, Im stuck in india not sure when this pandemic is gonna get over 

very happy to see the applications processing for feb 2019 thats a great news 🤩