887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 minutes ago, charithamadu said:

Grant Grant Grant !!!!!!!

Applied 30th Dec 2018

First Contact 27th April 2020

Submitted requested documents 29th April 2020.

Grant 04 May 2020.

CO - Kate

Good luck those who are waiting !!

Charitha.

Hi congratulations, can you please tell which documents they asked for...

Hey guys, 

I have two questions:

1. When does 489 visa condition become effect? Is it when they grant the 489 visa or when they grant 489 bridging visa?

2. If there was further documents requested at the initial assessment stage, is it possible for CO ask more documents after the initial assessment stage?

22 minutes ago, memphis said:

Hey guys, 

I have two questions:

1. When does 489 visa condition become effect? Is it when they grant the 489 visa or when they grant 489 bridging visa?

2. If there was further documents requested at the initial assessment stage, is it possible for CO ask more documents after the initial assessment stage?

Ur first question is confusing. But i will try to answer it.

1. When u apply for 887 u will recieve a bridging visa which will be in effect only when ur 489 expires (489 expiry date is on ur 489 visa grant letter) and u havent recieved any outcome on 887.

2. I am not sure about it but in this forum u can see there r some guys who were asked for documents multiple time.

Edited by Hans

12 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

Same here mate...applied om Nov 6  2018

Asked for doc on 15 january 2020

Supplied all on a week

Still waiting

I Applied on sept 2018

1st contact 17 dec 2018

After that all i am doing is waiting and havent seen any grant from CO Rajanj thats what making me worried. Lets see how long she will drag our case

9 minutes ago, Sunjay said:

I Applied on sept 2018

1st contact 17 dec 2018

After that all i am doing is waiting and havent seen any grant from CO Rajanj thats what making me worried. Lets see how long she will drag our case

Have u complained?

I complained on 1st of april...received reaponse like delay due to corona and other b.s

2 hours ago, charithamadu said:

Applied 30th Dec 2018

Grant 04 May 2020.

CO - Kate

Charitha.

Hi Charita, Congratulations on your grant. Could you please let me know what document they requested ?

BELOW IS A RESPONSE I HAVE RECEIVED FROM ONE OF THE COMPLAINTS I SENT TO FEDERAL MEMBER (ANDREW LEIGH). AT LEAST WE CONTINUE TO BE SEEN. THE LINK TO THE FORM HE MENTIONS BELOW CAN BE FOUND HERE - https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ukBBtLzp6k6chlGIT5msZ-sRN9kspOBOlUPj6imJ_39UQzY5VU9PVjlRSlJTSDlWQ0JKOFVQMEw0Si4u.

THEY ASKING FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A STORY TO FILL IN THE FORM!!! 

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about delays in visa processing times.

The Morrison Government has allowed visa processing timeframes to spiral out of control for years. The Department of Home Affairs website states they are currently assessing applications for the 887 Regional Skilled visa that were submitted before November 2018. That’s not good enough.

These delays are having major impacts on individuals and families waiting for visas to be processed.

Visa processing delays are a problem of the Morrison Government’s own making as they’ve slashed frontline staff in the Department of Home Affairs who process visa applications.

Delays in visa processing times mean people are waiting longer to be reunited with family members, businesses are waiting longer to access the skills they require, and people are putting their lives on hold waiting for visa decisions – particularly regional Australia.

Amidst the COVID-19 crisis, I am aware that many visa holders in Australia cannot get clear answers out of the Department of Home Affairs about when their visas will be processed. This is unacceptable.

The Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs, Alan Tudge, has not provided any indication of how the Government will manage the issue of visa processing delays.

It is important that the Government explain how they will ensure that visas are processed in a timely manner during this time.

I urge you to contact the Acting Minister:

The Hon Alan Tudge MP
Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs
Parliament House Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: (02) 6277 7790

alan.tudge.mp@aph.gov.au

I am also concerned that the Government has not yet provided meaningful support to temporary visa holders who cannot return home.

Labor has lobbied hard for the expansion of appropriate government support to a wide range of workers who miss out of the JobKeeper program, including casuals, university workers, local council workers, and temporary visa holders who cannot get home.

While the Government has rejected many of Labor’s constructive suggestions, it is important for you to know that two Federal Government Ministers can, with a stroke of a pen, change all of that.

Thanks to Labor’s work in the Parliament, the Treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, and the Social Services Minister, Anne Ruston, can now provide any temporary visa holders with access to JobKeeper, JobSeeker, or another appropriate social security payments.

They need to hear the stories of people with temporary visas who are stuck in Australia and need help. If you have a story that you think Minister Ruston or the Treasurer should hear, or you know a temporary visa holder who has a story these two ministers should hear, please complete this form.

Labor’s Shadow Minister for Home Affairs, Senator Keneally, will be compiling this stories and asking Minister Ruston and the Treasurer to respond. This is your chance to have your story heard by the two people who can provide meaningful support to temporary visa holders who cannot return home.

During this challenging time, I believe it is imperative for us to look after all people in our community – including those on temporary visas.

Yours sincerely,

FlattenedAndrewSignature

Andrew Leigh
Federal Member for Fenner
Shadow Assistant Treasurer
Shadow Minister for Competition and Productivity
Shadow Minister for Trade in Services
Shadow Minister for Charities and Not-for-Profits

Edited by BoddyFam
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, charithamadu said:

Applied 30th Dec 2018

Grant 04 May 2020.

CO - Kate

Charitha.

Congratulations 🥳 

they request documents 27 April 

you submitted in 29 April 

then in just 5 days they open your file to grant. Wow . Lucky 

normally they open file after 28 days or more in many cases.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

BELOW IS A RESPONSE I HAVE RECEIVED FROM ONE OF THE COMPLAINTS I SENT TO FEDERAL MEMBER (ANDREW LEIGH). AT LEAST WE CONTINUE TO BE SEEN. THE LINK TO THE FORM HE MENTIONS BELOW CAN BE FOUND HERE - https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ukBBtLzp6k6chlGIT5msZ-sRN9kspOBOlUPj6imJ_39UQzY5VU9PVjlRSlJTSDlWQ0JKOFVQMEw0Si4u.

THEY ASKING FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A STORY TO FILL IN THE FORM!!! 

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about delays in visa processing times.

The Morrison Government has allowed visa processing timeframes to spiral out of control for years. The Department of Home Affairs website states they are currently assessing applications for the 887 Regional Skilled visa that were submitted before November 2018. That’s not good enough.

These delays are having major impacts on individuals and families waiting for visas to be processed.

Visa processing delays are a problem of the Morrison Government’s own making as they’ve slashed frontline staff in the Department of Home Affairs who process visa applications.

Delays in visa processing times mean people are waiting longer to be reunited with family members, businesses are waiting longer to access the skills they require, and people are putting their lives on hold waiting for visa decisions – particularly regional Australia.

Amidst the COVID-19 crisis, I am aware that many visa holders in Australia cannot get clear answers out of the Department of Home Affairs about when their visas will be processed. This is unacceptable.

The Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs, Alan Tudge, has not provided any indication of how the Government will manage the issue of visa processing delays.

It is important that the Government explain how they will ensure that visas are processed in a timely manner during this time.

I urge you to contact the Acting Minister:

The Hon Alan Tudge MP
Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs
Parliament House Canberra ACT 2600

Phone: (02) 6277 7790

alan.tudge.mp@aph.gov.au

I am also concerned that the Government has not yet provided meaningful support to temporary visa holders who cannot return home.

Labor has lobbied hard for the expansion of appropriate government support to a wide range of workers who miss out of the JobKeeper program, including casuals, university workers, local council workers, and temporary visa holders who cannot get home.

While the Government has rejected many of Labor’s constructive suggestions, it is important for you to know that two Federal Government Ministers can, with a stroke of a pen, change all of that.

Thanks to Labor’s work in the Parliament, the Treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, and the Social Services Minister, Anne Ruston, can now provide any temporary visa holders with access to JobKeeper, JobSeeker, or another appropriate social security payments.

They need to hear the stories of people with temporary visas who are stuck in Australia and need help. If you have a story that you think Minister Ruston or the Treasurer should hear, or you know a temporary visa holder who has a story these two ministers should hear, please complete this form.

Labor’s Shadow Minister for Home Affairs, Senator Keneally, will be compiling this stories and asking Minister Ruston and the Treasurer to respond. This is your chance to have your story heard by the two people who can provide meaningful support to temporary visa holders who cannot return home.

During this challenging time, I believe it is imperative for us to look after all people in our community – including those on temporary visas.

Yours sincerely,

FlattenedAndrewSignature

Andrew Leigh
Federal Member for Fenner
Shadow Assistant Treasurer
Shadow Minister for Competition and Productivity
Shadow Minister for Trade in Services
Shadow Minister for Charities and Not-for-Profits

Same response I received 

• Like 1