887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi everyone,
I am a silent follower in here, thank you very much for giving me consolation during the long waiting period. I got a letter from CO. They ask my son(17 years old)’s evidence of English level, my son is in year 12. What evidence should I provide to them? Many thanks all.

709ba937234501d43019a8a4bc70ae95.jpg

3 minutes ago, Amyyyyyy said:

Hi everyone,

I am a silent follower in here, thank you very much for giving me consolation during the long waiting period. I got a letter from CO. They ask my son(17 years old)’s evidence of English level, my son is in year 12. What evidence should I provide to them? Many thanks all.

When did you apply?

One very interesting and factual information is that:

When we upload Documents in our immi account, there is a tab:

"Language Ability" and friends it is under the dependent applicant only who is older than 18 years.

My son is 6 years old now, there is no Language ability Tab for him and no proof is required. 

I am main applicant, there is no such Tab either for me and NO ENGLISH PROOF IS REQUIRED FOR THE MAIN APPLICANT.

I never use bad words, but I must say it's BS.. 

• Like 2

Hi all

Thanks everyone in this forum here.

I got my grant this morning.

applied on 04/10/2018

first contact on 19/12/2019

Grant on today 06/05/2020

After 19 months to wait.

Last, I would to ask who already got his/her PR. I currently hold blue ( interim card) Medicare card. Now I got my PR, do I need to go to Centerlink to update my details to got green Medicare card ? Or it will be automatic to isssue green Medicare card to me 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, new member 1004 said:

Hi all

applied on 04/10/2018

After 19 months to wait.

Last, I would to ask who already got his/her PR. I currently hold blue ( interim card) Medicare card. Now I got my PR, do I need to go to Centerlink to update my details to got green Medicare card ? Or it will be automatic to isssue green Medicare card to me 

Congrate.. .may i know who is your CO

3 minutes ago, new member 1004 said:

Hi all

applied on 04/10/2018

After 19 months to wait.

Yes we did went to centre link after receiving PR

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, new member 1004 said:

Hi all

applied on 04/10/2018

After 19 months to wait.

Congratulations 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John akhil said:

Whats logic behind asking for functional English again? Did they think that our English level goes down after two or three years living in Australia?

I don't know mate...just wondering if CO watch tik tok videos where commented that I always  say "No English" to Chruch People who knock on the door. Quite possibly they have taken oy seriously..🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, new member 1004 said:

Hi all

applied on 04/10/2018

After 19 months to wait.

Congrats mate

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, new member 1004 said:

Hi all

applied on 04/10/2018

After 19 months to wait.

Congrats! Did you ever complain?

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Get a letter from the university stating the medium is in English as well and minimum duration is 2 years

Most of us have not completed any degree in last 2 years after getting our 489, we are skilled workers with many degrees and many years of experiences.....

If someone has completed recently, that is to get a job only and they must have attached it while applying 887, it was not meant for English language 🙂

Most of us have not completed any degree in last 2 years after getting our 489, we are skilled workers with many degrees and many years of experiences.....

If someone has completed recently, that is to get a job only and they must have attached it while applying 887, it was not meant for English language [emoji846]

There is no requirement of when you have to complete the degree, it doesn’t have to be within the last 2 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

There is no requirement of when you have completed the degree, it doesn’t have to be within the last 2 years

I got your point Nudgee but in that case my PTE is the most updated one and now that score is more than 3 years old. All my transcripts are in English but more than 5 years old. 

The conclusion is that there is no requirement of it for main applicant. But if someone has completed something recently, they can just attached it to shut the CO's mouth...

46 minutes ago, new member 1004 said:

Hi all

applied on 04/10/2018

After 19 months to wait.

Congrats...Did you submit ielts for primary or university letter