887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

That was the reply I have got on functional English for main applicant complaint

have queried why you have been requested to provide evidence that you have functional English in association with this application.

I note that you have already provided evidence that Ms Elashry has functional English and your concerns regarding the processing of your application have been brought to the attention of the manager of the relevant business area.

With respect to your application I can confirm that you are required to provide evidence of having functional English for this application.

For applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made decision makers are required to assess whether there is evidence that the applicant:

1             Has functional English as defined in legislation; or

2             Paid a second instalment VAC in respect of the provisional visa held at the time the application for the subclass 887 visa was lodged.

Applicants who were over 18 years of age at time of lodgement who do not satisfy either of these criteria are liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge before a visa can be granted.

This requirement is specified in migration legislation and we have requested that the information available to applicants on the Department’s website is updated to reflect this.

The English language test results you have previously provided cannot be considered in assessing this criteria given their age.  Information about how you can evidence having functional English is available on the Department’s website.

See: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

The Department is committed to service improvement and your feedback provides us with information to help improve the quality of our services. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the Department with this feedback.

Regards

Hi moksha,

Did you also upload any documents to prove your functional English such as degree certificate or transcripts?

I am actively following your case through forum and Google sheet, because you have been requested just before 2 days than mine, so waiting that what's outcome in your case.

Thanks

1 hour ago, sihab said:

My PPC expired Oct 2019 but I did not travelled overseas. And I am working in hospitality which not same profession.

I uploaded my graduation certificate  

Congrats Sihab....is it also necessary to upload marksheets as well with transcripts and degree certificates? 

52 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Read about one rejection where a guy applied for 887 without completing the 2 years residency. 

Do you know more specific like how many days before he/she lodge the visa? Is it a few days or few months before completing 2 years? 

Hello guys 

I made a mistake in terms of date (start date and end date) when I completed the courses at university, which was a way before I was granted with 489 (2016) I finished the qualifications  in 2014 and 2011. 

and I submitted form 1023 on Mimi account.

do you think it is going to affect my 887 visa application? 

Edited by memphis

Hello guys 
I made a mistake in terms of date (start date and end date) when I completed the courses at university, which was a way before I was granted with 489 (2016) I finished the qualifications  in 2014 and 2011. 
and I submitted form 1023 on Mimi account.
do you think it is going to affect my 887 visa application? 

No it won’t be any issue. You have submitted the 1023 form and it will be all good

22 hours ago, Kaysavan said:

thats not true

22 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

Not correct at all

4 hours ago, Moksha said:

That was the reply I have got on functional English for main applicant complaint

have queried why you have been requested to provide evidence that you have functional English in association with this application.

I note that you have already provided evidence that Ms Elashry has functional English and your concerns regarding the processing of your application have been brought to the attention of the manager of the relevant business area.

With respect to your application I can confirm that you are required to provide evidence of having functional English for this application.

For applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made decision makers are required to assess whether there is evidence that the applicant:

2             Paid a second instalment VAC in respect of the provisional visa held at the time the application for the subclass 887 visa was lodged.

Applicants who were over 18 years of age at time of lodgement who do not satisfy either of these criteria are liable for payment of a second instalment visa application charge before a visa can be granted.

This requirement is specified in migration legislation and we have requested that the information available to applicants on the Department’s website is updated to reflect this.

The English language test results you have previously provided cannot be considered in assessing this criteria given their age.  Information about how you can evidence having functional English is available on the Department’s website.

See: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

The Department is committed to service improvement and your feedback provides us with information to help improve the quality of our services. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the Department with this feedback.

Regards

That's what has been said before. But, some CO's are following this and others are not. In order to not delay the grant, its better to provide functional english proof which is less than 12 months old.

4 hours ago, Moksha said:

Regards

Hey Moksha, thanks for updating. Looking at the reply, which you received from Dept, can we all predict that, whether one studied in Australia or not, we need to provide proof of Functional English, either by writing exam or by providing a letter, which states the language of instruction. 

My question for all our great people here is:: Is that a requirement for both primary and secondary applicant.

And can we all still manage to fulfill the criteria, by just provinding a letter from University.

Common repetitive questions, but most of us are still unclear. Even the website, doesn't provide any clarity.

Thanks everyone for Great service

20 hours ago, Sunjay said:

Hi guys, we applied on sep 2018 and got first contact on dec 2019 and still waiting for grant.

We just had baby yesterday. Now i am just wondering what documents  do i need to submit to add my 1 day old baby in the same application. Please guys if u can help me.

Thanks

Hi dear,

Congratulations for your new addition into your family. 

Step 1

You need to fill out form 1022 and email it to skill support email address to advise about new addition, also in your email please mention that you are going to apply passport and birth certificate for your child and will update the department soon as you receive it.

Step 2

Apply for birth certificate. - upload the birth certificate into immi account and send it to skill support email address. (Which takes around 8 weeks-depends which states you live in)

PS:  once they receive birth certificate then they will grant 489 visa and BVA to your baby.

Step 3

When you receive birth certificate - you need to apply for passport. When you receive the passport then please  upload the passport into immi account and send it to skill support email.

Hope the above information helps you.

All the best 

20 minutes ago, sriam255 said:

Hey Moksha, thanks for updating. Looking at the reply, which you received from Dept, can we all predict that, whether one studied in Australia or not, we need to provide proof of Functional English, either by writing exam or by providing a letter, which states the language of instruction. 

My question for all our great people here is:: Is that a requirement for both primary and secondary applicant.

And can we all still manage to fulfill the criteria, by just provinding a letter from University.

Common repetitive questions, but most of us are still unclear. Even the website, doesn't provide any clarity.

Thanks everyone for Great service

Hi sriam225,

It is evident from the mail that CO's are asking for functional English as defined in legislation or pay the second installment VAC (this can be true as department knows that in the present COVID time, applicants won't be able to sit in english language tests as instead will pay $4500 if they don't want delays) for applicants who were aged 18 years or over when application is made. And the legislation clearly lays out the following:-

image.png.b72ab552f1802acaf8f65de99502f701.png

Hope this helps.

Edited by A_D
formatting
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sachin said:

Do you know more specific like how many days before he/she lodge the visa? Is it a few days or few months before completing 2 years? 

I was reading about it on an immigration related forum few years ago. He applied for 887 visa I think two to three months earlier and it got rejected. He was asking if there is any other visa he can apply for now.