887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, rahul_123 said:

Hi Everyone ..i wanna ask a question..i know these co are asking for proof of functional english taken within last 12 months...but I have competent english proof taken under 3 years before i submitted 887 ...lools like they have not checked my 489 files...so can i submit those again?

Does anyone have any ideas about it?

3 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

In my opinion IELTS or PTE valid for 3 years for immigration purposes. So it shouldn't be within 12 months. And for Functional English there are otherways you can prove it.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Hi guys,

just got a question for functional English requirement. I did 1.5 years bachelor and 1 year Master full time study in AUstralia, do I need to take another English test again to statisfy English requirement, or just provide the graduate certification is fine. 

thanks

Edited by MMM

6 minutes ago, rahul_123 said:

for 887 functional English is required and it should be before 12 months of applying 887, if u check the competent section it doesn't mentions about the 887 visa and for other visas like 189/190 etc it is like before 3 years 🙂

image.png.a26ac1eab257a9a919a38bcf5c4fe3ea.png

3 minutes ago, MMM said:

Hi guys,

just got a question for functional English requirement. I did 1.5 years bachelor and 1 year Master full time study in AUstralia, do I need to take another English test again to statisfy English requirement, or just provide the graduate certification is fine. 

thanks

Stop joking mate...

U have studied here in Australia, they will come to ur home with the Visa letter 🙂

• Haha 1

Hi guys, just got a question for functional English requirement. I did 1.5 years bachelor and 1 year Master full time study in AUstralia, do I need to take another English test again to statisfy English requirement, or just provide the graduate certification is fine. 

thanks

Yea your bachelor and master in Australia is enough, just attach the graduation certificates and transcripts in colour
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nudgee said:

When did you apply? Yea your bachelor and master in Australia is enough, just attached the graduation certificates and transcripts in colour

I submitted on May 2020, seems still need to wait a couple of month. hope the processing time does not back to 24+ months again

Weird that they consider Competent test results that can be 3 years older for 189/190 but it should be 12 months old for 887. They think our levels in English will decrease after 2-3 of getting 489 🙂

We are in Australia so they can call us to their office to check our level of English and grant the Visa then why wasting everyone's time .....

56 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Thanks a lot

Good... At least there was acknowledgement of the mistake... the correction clearly states that ..

But who will be held responsible for the delay due to incorrect information provided  is the question!  Ideally the change should be applicable from the date it is made.  

Just now, TTTF said:

Good... At least there was acknowledgement of the mistake... the correction clearly states that ..

But who will be held responsible for the delay due to incorrect information provided  is the question!  Ideally the change should be applicable from the date it is made.  

agreed

5 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Yes of course...

they should not ask for the functional English proof from people who have already applied as this requirement was added after we applied 887...

Edited by jaknap3

2 hours ago, Guil said:

WHooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28/05/2020 CO Jennifer (Adelaide) asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

28/05/2020 Made a complaint by website and called them

29/05/2020 GRANT

Cheers Jennifer for changing you mind

Email below:

UNCLASSIFIED

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I am writing to advise you that I have located your TOEFL iBT English results that you provided for your 489 visa application. As these results were still valid when you lodged your 887 application there is no requirement to provide any further evidence of Functional English.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I will continue to assess your application.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Jennifer

Position Number: xxxx

Decision Maker, Skilled Program Delivery SA (GSM)

Skilled and Family Visa Program Branch, Immigration Programs Division

Immigration and Settlement Services Group

Department of Home Affairs

Email: skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

Great fight back.. Congratulations. 

Just thinking, why can't  these smart ppl locate our educational transcripts as part of 489 applications,rather than creating a bureaucratic process around it , when the evidence will remain same. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sriam255 said:

It's better to wait and complete 52 weeks for work and 2 years residency. You never know, how a case officer will interpret your case. I have spend considerable time overseas, but I have make sure to, give them, what they want. It's hard to communicate properly with CO, just make things easy for them, and you will save alot of time while they process your application. 

Thanks for ur suggestion dea

3 hours ago, Guil said:

WHooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28/05/2020 CO Jennifer (Adelaide) asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

28/05/2020 Made a complaint by website and called them

29/05/2020 GRANT

Cheers Jennifer for changing you mind

Email below:

UNCLASSIFIED

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I am writing to advise you that I have located your TOEFL iBT English results that you provided for your 489 visa application. As these results were still valid when you lodged your 887 application there is no requirement to provide any further evidence of Functional English.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I will continue to assess your application.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Jennifer

Position Number: xxxx

Decision Maker, Skilled Program Delivery SA (GSM)

Skilled and Family Visa Program Branch, Immigration Programs Division

Immigration and Settlement Services Group

Department of Home Affairs

Email: skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

what was the date of your TOEFL exam?

1 hour ago, Sep2019 said:

Just saw this on facebook

Granted 29/05/2020
CO Jennifer (Adelaide)
Applied 16/05/2019
1st contact 28/05/2020 asking for Primary Applicant English
28/05/2020 complaint by website and called them and booked TOEFL for next week
29/05/2020 Email apologizing and Grant

Can you please tell me how you make the complain? email them or from which website? Thanks

1 minute ago, suhailayaan@aim.com said:

Since they are NOT accepting tests for IELTS and PTE till End July, can we take TOEFL test. Any idea how to take TOEFL test from home, cost and best link to site to register et all. THANKS

You can find Ielts for next week (pc based). I booked my Toefl for June 6th but I cancelled it (just got 50% money back)