887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Applied - 06/01/2019

1st Contact - 01/05/2020 CO Andrej - asked AFP & English Evidence. Complain online - received feedback from Chelsea advised English is not required. But I still uploaded PTE-A issued June 2016

2nd Contact - 28/05/2020 CO Michael - Miscalculated my PTE-A said its more than 3yrs prior to 887. Complain online & email about miscalculation & Chelsea's feedback

GRANT - 03/06/2020

THANK YOU LORD!!!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Patrick L said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Applied - 06/01/2019

1st Contact - 01/05/2020 CO Andrej - asked AFP & English Evidence. Complain online - received feedback from Chelsea advised English is not required. But I still uploaded PTE-A issued June 2016

2nd Contact - 28/05/2020 CO Michael - Miscalculated my PTE-A said its more than 3yrs prior to 887. Complain online & email about miscalculation & Chelsea's feedback

GRANT - 03/06/2020

THANK YOU LORD!!!

Congrats

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick L said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT

Applied - 06/01/2019

GRANT - 03/06/2020

THANK YOU LORD!!!

Congrats. amazed by your boldness. You kept continuing what is your rights.

2 minutes ago, bornil said:

Congrats. amazed by your boldness. You kept continuing what is your rights.

Thank you! Because I feel like they don't make sense at all and they still owe me an explanation. I feed them everything from holding a 489, Primary/Single Applicant, that functional english wasn't on their checklist prior to lodging 887, from being told by their people English evidence is not required, miscalculated timeframe. They caused me so much frustration that I even booked new PTE-A test  just keep my brain moving forward because I feel stuck just waiting for them and what if they make another argument.

But today was a huge relief! I'm so happy and grateful! 

I can finally cancel my PTE booking  & get a refund. Thanks for this platform for keeping us aware & informed! Goodluck to everyone who are waiting! Your grant is coming soon!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SJay said:

do you know whether child madeicals have been requested or not? 

It was my grant.!

Out  kid is 4 years old, they haven’t asked anything now, we have done medical during 489 visa.

uploaded the Transcripts and superannuation statements this morning. 

Also, have travelled overseas for 41 days and didn’t make any extra days to cover. I have used my annual leaves and all are paid. 😊 Good luck everyone 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Satish said:

It was my grant.!

Out  kid is 4 years old, they haven’t asked anything now, we have done medical during 489 visa.

uploaded the Transcripts and superannuation statements this morning. 

Also, have travelled overseas for 41 days and didn’t make any extra days to cover. I have used my annual leaves and all are paid. 😊 Good luck everyone 

Did you upload in the morning and got a grant the same day?

• Like 1

I think that should be fine. However the information on Home Affairs website is a bit confusing:

1528106887_Functionalenglish.thumb.png.d38243609d40c329f5a2c3059d482d6e.png

Oversea qualification is 2 years, and Australian qualification is 1 year full time. One of my friends studied in Australia for 1.5 years , attached her uni certificate and transcripts and got direct grant. She didn't upload IELTS or PTE.  Edited by nudgee

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Oversea qualification is 2 years, and Australia qualification is 1 year full time. One of my friends studied in Australia for 1.5 years , attached her uni certificate and transcripts and got direct grant. She didn't upload IELTS or PTE. 

Agreed with you Nudgee. However, in my screenshot the 1st paragraph, it said "if you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English" which is contradicting with the second paragraph where it said "an institution in Australia where all instruction was in English - then At least 1 year of full-time study towards an award".  Just make it so confused.

39 minutes ago, Patrick L said:

Thank you! Because I feel like they don't make sense at all and they still owe me an explanation. I feed them everything from holding a 489, Primary/Single Applicant, that functional english wasn't on their checklist prior to lodging 887, from being told by their people English evidence is not required, miscalculated timeframe. They caused me so much frustration that I even booked new PTE-A test  just keep my brain moving forward because I feel stuck just waiting for them and what if they make another argument.

But today was a huge relief! I'm so happy and grateful! 

I can finally cancel my PTE booking  & get a refund. Thanks for this platform for keeping us aware & informed! Goodluck to everyone who are waiting! Your grant is coming soon!

Thats the spirit. Rock On..

Agreed with you Nudgee. However, in my screenshot the 1st paragraph, it said "if you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English" which is contradicting with the second paragraph where it said "an institution in Australia where all instruction was in English - then At least 1 year of full-time study towards an award".  Just make it so confused.

4879d8bb775bbf9cff46d7dd0d5eff5c.jpg&key=30d987fc476fe1635b265ac62fd39fb09dffbdfb8b2548ec38c116a1e95a99b2 

Yes on the website is a bit confusing but this is a functional English request screenshot from one of the members, have a look the detailed note they revised the wording and removed Australia from the two years English study section. Hope it helps

• Like 2