887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

50 minutes ago, SJay said:

Sharing my big news guys...Got my Direct Grant (one full year earlier than I expected and I cannot describe my happiness)

Application Date: 06/08/2019

Grat Date: 09/06/2020

No of Applicants: 3 (Baby born after 489)

CO - Rajani

Office: GSM Adelaide

Special notes for your benefit:

I was an offshore 489 applicant and sponsored by QLD. We have never stepped foot on QLD, directly came to Melbourne and then to Geelong. No release letter or no clarifications provided in my Cover Letter. But Geelong was in the postcodes list in the 489 Grant letter. 

after landing in Melbourne, I stayed for 2 months with my cousin sister in a metropolitan area, also worked 1.5 months in Melb metropolitan till it become 3 months from the day we land. I have provided these details in my cover letter. I knew from somewhere that there's sort of a 3 months grace period to settle in a regional area. but this is not in writing. 

Then we were blessed with a son, and was in the initial application. based on @olaade's and @bornil's comments here in the thread, last Friday I went to my GP and got a letter and the Immunisation History for my son and attached. 

I have done an ICT bachelor's in Sri Lanka, no studies in Australia. Only provided the Degree Certificate and Transcript. Based on the comms I have requested a letter from my Uni being the Primary applicant, but haven't got it yet. looks like it wasn't an issue. My transcript clearly says the medium is English. 

I have also uploaded a couple of payslips after the application and some bills to prove residency after the application, not sure whether they were helpful. Did the same for my wife as well. 

Finally, you guys have been amazing. all the advice from you guys specially @DANISH RAZA, @nudgee, @Stellajane @Doman @Skaur lead to this outcome. Thanks heaps. 

I'll be here for a few months, to see all of you getting your grants very soon and that's my ultimate wish. Also to answer your questions if that's gonna help.

Love ya

Congrats mate. Very happy for u

53 minutes ago, Mangau said:

But they show on processing time 21-24 months. Do they still accept the complain? 

Yes. i think. Write them that as per website they are assessing before July,2019. Urs one is april. So you are expecting process of your application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SJay said:

Sharing my big news guys...Got my Direct Grant (one full year earlier than I expected and I cannot describe my happiness)

CO - Rajani

I was an offshore 489 applicant and sponsored by QLD. We have never stepped foot on QLD, directly came to Melbourne and then to Geelong. No release letter or no clarifications provided in my Cover Letter. But Geelong was in the postcodes list in the 489 Grant letter. 

after landing in Melbourne, I stayed for 2 months with my cousin sister in a metropolitan area, also worked 1.5 months in Melb metropolitan till it become 3 months from the day we land. I have provided these details in my cover letter. I knew from somewhere that there's sort of a 3 months grace period to settle in a regional area. but this is not in writing. 

Then we were blessed with a son, and was in the initial application. based on @olaade's and @bornil's comments here in the thread, last Friday I went to my GP and got a letter and the Immunisation History for my son and attached. 

I have done an ICT bachelor's in Sri Lanka, no studies in Australia. Only provided the Degree Certificate and Transcript. Based on the comms I have requested a letter from my Uni being the Primary applicant, but haven't got it yet. looks like it wasn't an issue. My transcript clearly says the medium is English. 

I have also uploaded a couple of payslips after the application and some bills to prove residency after the application, not sure whether they were helpful. Did the same for my wife as well. 

Finally, you guys have been amazing. all the advice from you guys specially @DANISH RAZA, @nudgee, @Stellajane @Doman @Skaur lead to this outcome. Thanks heaps. 

I'll be here for a few months, to see all of you getting your grants very soon and that's my ultimate wish. Also to answer your questions if that's gonna help.

Love ya

Congratulations from another Sri lankan Geelong man 🙂

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SJay said:

CO - Rajani

Love ya

Congrats Mate! Could you please share with me the GP medical letter template and from where you got immunisation history? Also In which section under baby's attachments did you upload the baby's medical documents?

22 minutes ago, Hope2020 said:

Congrats Mate! Could you please share with me the GP medical letter template and from where you got immunisation history? Also In which section under baby's attachments did you upload the baby's medical documents?

messaged you 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SJay said:

messaged you 

@SJay Hi, even though I have recently submitted my application, I want to be prepared with all the documents. I already have the immunisation history statement for my baby. Would you be able to send me the template for the gp medical certificate? Thanks bunch.