887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, wng said:

Hi @Vivian

May I know

1) Which state sponsored your visa?

2) Whereabouts are you at the moment. You do not need to specifically mention the exact location but at least a good indicator.

3) Are you currently working now? If no, where do you intend to move to?

Still, asking everyone one by one could be a bit cumbersome and annoying especially it is in a forum platform like this.

To ensure everyone is able to assist you in every possible way, why not you tell us about your situation and location so we can assist you with our thoughts.

As I have mentioned, take our advice with a pinch of salt. We don't want to give you a wrong indicator and cause your 887.

Dear Wng!

It is extremely kind person you are! I am grateful to your concern and carefully advise.

1, My sponsor state is  Murray NSW

2, We stay at Albury.

3, I can not find any job as my field and I cannot do a hard job. Only my husband work at meat company and he becomes really sick after 7 full time months. Then he had to treat and relax 3 months cos not find other jobs. On Feb luckily he got a job from battery company but he was allergic and got a heavy cough during 2 months from April 2020 up to early of June 2020. After 2 times of going to the hospital get treatment. That is the big reason make me stress. Even very sick he was worried because of enough 52 full time weeks. 

About me: during two winter, my joins of fingers and toes are Swallen and very hurt. I have to take medicine daily when winter comes. I only got volunteer work at primary school canteen and Charity shop :). 

I am in science field and I just would like to go to up NSW near QLD where has warmer weather  such as Lismore or Tweed.

Many thanks for your understanding, I will not ask other people because of this issue :). Just we count every day to finish 2 year commitment that why it is very heavy environment to think about have to stay more 🙂 . I am clear now and will try to apply job first then easy to explain.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and nicely supports. 
All the best to you and us 🙂 

You have a lovely weekend 🙂 

Kind regards, 

Vivian

1 hour ago, Vivian said:

Many thanks Mission Tasmania,

I am in a worry of moving another regional place after I lodge in 887. 
I got 2 successful 887 grants that they all stayed at Sponsor regional. May be I cannot move  after two years. My regional is extremely remote and no job :(. 

Really appreciate for your kindness and quick support. Congratulations again :). 

Hi Vivian,

From my own experience, moving to another state BUT STAYING IN REGIONAL AREAS AS PER SPECIFIED POSTCODES is still alrighat as I did move from my sponsor state which is Western Australia (after completing my 2 years there) to South Australia after lodging my 887 application, and I received my 887 grant last month with no issues.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and take care

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rigid said:

Hi Vivian,

From my own experience, moving to another state BUT STAYING IN REGIONAL AREAS AS PER SPECIFIED POSTCODES is still alrighat as I did move from my sponsor state which is Western Australia (after completing my 2 years there) to South Australia after lodging my 887 application, and I received my 887 grant last month with no issues.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and take care

Hi Rigid, 

Thank you so much for your kindness and nicely concern. It is a wonderful information for my situation now. I had a lot of anxiety and now I am more confident for my future plan. 

Many thanks and cheers. Your family and you have a great time 🙂 . Really appreciate for your kindly support. 

Kind regards,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vivian said:

Dear Wng!

It is extremely kind person you are! I am grateful to your concern and carefully advise.

1, My sponsor state is  Murray NSW

2, We stay at Albury.

3, I can not find any job as my field and I cannot do a hard job. Only my husband work at meat company and he becomes really sick after 7 full time months. Then he had to treat and relax 3 months cos not find other jobs. On Feb luckily he got a job from battery company but he was allergic and got a heavy cough during 2 months from April 2020 up to early of June 2020. After 2 times of going to the hospital get treatment. That is the big reason make me stress. Even very sick he was worried because of enough 52 full time weeks. 

About me: during two winter, my joins of fingers and toes are Swallen and very hurt. I have to take medicine daily when winter comes. I only got volunteer work at primary school canteen and Charity shop :). 

I am in science field and I just would like to go to up NSW near QLD where has warmer weather  such as Lismore or Tweed.

Many thanks for your understanding, I will not ask other people because of this issue :). Just we count every day to finish 2 year commitment that why it is very heavy environment to think about have to stay more 🙂 . I am clear now and will try to apply job first then easy to explain.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and nicely supports. 
All the best to you and us 🙂 

You have a lovely weekend 🙂 

Kind regards, 

Vivian

Hello Vivian,

1) You are sponsored by the state, not by area. In this case NSW was the sponsored state. Given situation like this, you can move to ANY state and stay in the regional area.

2) Have you considered South Australia, specifically in Adelaide? I know that the weather there may not be favourable to you but at least Adelaide is bigger city and you have more opportunity of finding work in a bigger capital city. After all, the entire state of South Australia is considered regional area and you can probably get better support from the community there as well.

3) Given your husband's condition, it is in the best interest that you allow him the needed rest and opportunity to recuperate rather than prolonging his sickness.

4) Have you almost fulfilled the 2 years stay and 1 year working experience in the regional area for your 887? If no, how long to go?

Hopefully you can make up your minds better. As I have explained to you a few days ago, you are free to move to any state that is in the regional postcode.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wng said:

Hello Vivian,

1) You are sponsored by the state, not by area. In this case NSW was the sponsored state. Given situation like this, you can move to ANY state and stay in the regional area.

2) Have you considered South Australia, specifically in Adelaide? I know that the weather there may not be favourable to you but at least Adelaide is bigger city and you have more opportunity of finding work in a bigger capital city. After all, the entire state of South Australia is considered regional area and you can probably get better support from the community there as well.

3) Given your husband's condition, it is in the best interest that you allow him the needed rest and opportunity to recuperate rather than prolonging his sickness.

4) Have you almost fulfilled the 2 years stay and 1 year working experience in the regional area for your 887? If no, how long to go?

Hopefully you can make up your minds better. As I have explained to you a few days ago, you are free to move to any state that is in the regional postcode.

Hi Wng, 

Thank you again and lot of invaluable supports Wng. We will have about 8 months to go for 2 years commitment, about March 2021. My husband is nearly get 52 full time week :).

My husband health is better now, at the beginning he perceived to stay until got 887 grant but now he changed his mind :). And I am prepared both mental and stuffs to move :). Before coming to this group I can not confident and will be fully responsible if I lose our family’s chance especially my husband’ efforts :). 

I am now definitely clear and no more anxiety 🙂 . I will plan to apply jobs first and move after that as your logical advise. I am really grateful and happy now from you guys’ kindness and supports. 

I think I will move up to Warmer area 🙂 I may not scare when winter comes :). I found some regional postcode near QLD :).

With every good wish and you all will have a happy end with PR grant 🙂 

Having every nice days

Just to avoid medical, I updated gp letter recently mentioning the baby condition, which actually helped. This is the suggestion given from one of the forum member. 

Thank you everyone 

my baby is 8 month old. 

Applied 14 oct 2019

direct grant 

I keep uploading recent documents like lease , electricity.

everyone I wish best of luck.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, prak000 said:

Just to avoid medical, I updated gp letter recently mentioning the baby condition, which actually helped. This is the suggestion given from one of the forum member. 

Thank you everyone 

my baby is 8 month old. 

Applied 14 oct 2019

direct grant 

I keep uploading recent documents like lease , electricity.

everyone I wish best of luck.

after the baby when can you apply for a passport? and do we need to get 489 visa? how long does it take to add name of the baby on 489 visa?

Just now, TAS887 said:

after the baby when can you apply for a passport? and do we need to get 489 visa? how long does it take to add name of the baby on 489 visa?

U can apply passport whenever u want, there is no time restriction.adding newborn on visa don’t take too long, my one took it 1 week.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I, Name recently had baby Name on date at Hospital, Tasmania. Me and my wife hold visa subclass 489 in Tasmania since date

Thus, we would like to update our newborn baby to our visa.

I have attached filled form 1022-change of circumstances and also birth certificate of newborn. we are on the process of obtaining newborn passport from Country and as soon as we obtain, we will update newborn passport with Homeaffairs.

Sincerely,

skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

May be this will be helpful, anyone want to add new born on 489/887.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, prak000 said:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I, Name recently had baby Name on date at Hospital, Tasmania. Me and my wife hold visa subclass 489 in Tasmania since date

Thus, we would like to update our newborn baby to our visa.

I have attached filled form 1022-change of circumstances and also birth certificate of newborn. we are on the process of obtaining newborn passport from Country and as soon as we obtain, we will update newborn passport with Homeaffairs.

Sincerely,

skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

May be this will be helpful, anyone want to add new born on 489/887.

Thanks Prak000. thanks for reply and help.. ur awesome 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

Someone please help on this 

if we were granted 489 and then we renewed our passport do we need to update new passport somewhere before we apply 887?

Yes 

I did update mine.

Update form 929 and send it to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au. They will update and send confirmation mail to ur mail id after few weeks and then u can update in ur immi account as well...

Once all is done then u can do a VEVO check

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Yes 

I did update mine.

Update form 929 and send it to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au. They will update and send confirmation mail to ur mail id after few weeks and then u can update in ur immi account as well...

Once all is done then u can do a VEVO check

Hi, 

This is my wife passport and am applying  887 2morrow  I am main applicant , if i dont update will it cause an issue? as the new form 80 i would have mentioned all details?

Thanks 

Hi jaknap3

If we have updated details of new passport in the Immiaccount, do we still have to complete Form 929 and send it to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au? 

My new passport number has already been mentioned in the VEVO. Is it mandatory that Form 929 has to be completed despite updating the details in Immiaccount?

Could you please clarify this for me?

Thanks

Arun

Edited by bapganesha

17 minutes ago, bapganesha said:

Hi jaknap3

If we have updated details of new passport in the Immiaccount, do we still have to complete Form 929 and send it to 929@homeaffairs.gov.au? 

My new passport number has already been mentioned in the VEVO. Is it mandatory that Form 929 has to be completed despite updating the details in Immiaccount?

Thanks

Arun

I did send to 929. But they dont reply you just the automated reply. 

28 minutes ago, bapganesha said:

Hi jaknap3

Thanks

Arun

Not sure how ur new passport number is updated in VEVO but it is required to send to 929.

I got below response when new passport was updated, it took a month to get the reply from them - 

=====================

Thank you for your email.

Your Form 929 has been processed and your details have been updated in the department’s systems. Please note that Passport changes may take 24-48 hours to be reflected in VEVO. This will not affect your travel.

You can check your own visa details with VEVO through the following link: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/VEVO

Did you know? After five years the travel validity on a permanent visa expires so permanent residents who are seeking to travel and return to Australia may need to apply for a Resident Return visa: www.homeaffairs.gov.au/rrv

==============

13 hours ago, Black horse said:

GRANT GRANT GRANT😀🤑

Direct Grant Today

Applied 15 OCT 2019

Family  of 2 

Nepal

CO: Judith 

Thank you  and Good luck Everyone 

Congrats mate!

Did you apply yourself? Your iniitial application was submitted on 15 OCT 2019, this means you got your Grant within 9 or 10 months .... Excellent!

Regards,

Bilal

2 hours ago, Vivian said:

Hi Wng, 

Thank you again and lot of invaluable supports Wng. We will have about 8 months to go for 2 years commitment, about March 2021. My husband is nearly get 52 full time week :).

My husband health is better now, at the beginning he perceived to stay until got 887 grant but now he changed his mind :). And I am prepared both mental and stuffs to move :). Before coming to this group I can not confident and will be fully responsible if I lose our family’s chance especially my husband’ efforts :). 

I am now definitely clear and no more anxiety 🙂 . I will plan to apply jobs first and move after that as your logical advise. I am really grateful and happy now from you guys’ kindness and supports. 

I think I will move up to Warmer area 🙂 I may not scare when winter comes :). I found some regional postcode near QLD :).

With every good wish and you all will have a happy end with PR grant 🙂 

Having every nice days

Hi @Vivian My sponsored state was South Australia but I moved from there in 2months as I got good opportunity in regional Victoria. Just informed department through survey questions.I had already got 887 Pr.If you want to move to other regional area of any state just checked the postcode mentioned in your 489 Visa Grant letter.Moving from one regional area to another is not an issue but do check the postcode.If still any concerns do let me know.