887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, Rupinder said:

Hi everyone.I need a advice for applying 887.I am eligible to apply 887 in april but i did not apply yet.I came back from India but my husband got stuck there.I can not see any travel ban lifting soon.Should i wait for my husband to apply 887 or can i apply for myself.I do not know how long it will take for the travel ban to be lifted.I am confused please help.

thanks

I think better to wait your husband back to Aus. otherwise you need to apply partner visa after you got pr, and will wait another long period for that

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MMM said:

I think better to wait your husband back to Aus. otherwise you need to apply partner visa after you got pr, and will wait another long period for that

As far as I know that 887  can be applied if applicants are onshore only... Take advise of an expert in this regard as well. 

10 minutes ago, bapganesha said:

@TAS887 - U R partner doesn't need an Immiaccount. The primary applicant (if ur primary) can log in and update the secondary applicant's details. 

Either  one of them so if you did online its good.

changed

If your personal details such as your address, contact details or gender have changed, you can tell us about changes to your personal details in two ways.

Applied online 

You can update your contact details in ImmiAccount on the 'Update us' tab.

Applied on paper or unable to update online

If you applied on paper or can't update your details online, complete Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details form (172KB PDF).

19 minutes ago, Sam9999 said:

Grant Grant Grant @ 9:15am today🤣

Applied: 1 Dec 2018 (Family of 3)

New born: 1 Mar 2020 (Granted 489 6th May)

First contact: 19 May 2020 (CO Brooke requested Baby's passport), emailed them about COVID19 and baby passport situation 

Grant: 18 June 2020 (Baby granted 887 without passport) CO Heidi/GSM Adelaide 

Thank you guys for all your motivation😀

How did you explain about baby's passport matter? Stat declaration signed by a Consul? 

3 hours ago, TAS887 said:

Hi,

If we paid 2nd installment at 489 visa do we need proof for 887 visa or they get to know directly? 

Thanks

Probably, they will not ask functional English proof from u. They will access ur 489 visa file from their system. if the still ask for that, tell them u have paid 2nd instalment at 489.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Finally got out grant this morning.

Applied 22/5/19

1st contact 1/6/20 for English ability both main and secondary applicant (already uploaded prior)

Complained twice since then. 

All the best to everyone.

Edited by KMC2019
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, KMC2019 said:

Hi all, 

Finally got out grant this morning.

Applied 22/5/19

1st contact 1/6/20 for English ability both main and secondary applicant (already uploaded prior)

Complained twice since then. 

All the best to everyone.

congratulations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rupinder said:

Hi everyone.I need a advice for applying 887.I am eligible to apply 887 in april but i did not apply yet.I came back from India but my husband got stuck there.I can not see any travel ban lifting soon.Should i wait for my husband to apply 887 or can i apply for myself.I do not know how long it will take for the travel ban to be lifted.I am confused please help.

thanks

Yes, both applicants must be in Australia at the time apply for 887 visa. Once you apply for 887 visa, you are free to leave Australia and come back to Australia before 887 visa grant. However, both you and your husband must be in Australia when you apply for 887 visa. I know how much you are frustrated for wasting your time, but unfortunately, you have to wait until your husband is in Australia in order to lodge the 887 visa. 

1 hour ago, m RJ said:

Probably, they will not ask functional English proof from u. They will access ur 489 visa file from their system. if the still ask for that, tell them u have paid 2nd instalment at 489.

The ideal way to prevent unexpected delay from Case officer, it's suggested to attach the 2nd instalment invoice, which you made a payment when you lodge the 887 visa. 

• Thanks 1

Hi All.

Quick question. If the case officer has requested for a document for which the processing time is unavailable and may take more than 28 days. What are the steps we should take. I have the applied receipt and confirmation email. Should i upload them now and click i have provided requested information. Wait until the last week for the document and if it does not come then provide the reciept. Is someelse in a similar situation.

Could someone please advice

Thanks

Got my grant email in the morning , family of 3.

Applied 15/11/2018

1st contact 14/02/2020   CO Wilson asked for polio certificate - provided a declaration -' did not spend a period of 28 days in the listed countries.(Each time I traveled never stay more than 28 days)

After uploaded 1st contact requested docs - Compliant 3 times

2nd Contact 20/05/2020  CO Michael  -  asked for polio certificate - by calculating different periods of total days - which I spent more than 28 days - so I had to provide a polio certificate. I went to GP the second day, had a Polio vaccine shot and uploaded the immunisation certificate from GP.

After uploaded again Compliant twice 

Most recent complaint was last week - got general reply on Monday

Visa Grant today - CO Theresa

Thanks to everyone. All the best.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bapganesha said:

oalabi - Of course we need to update details on the new passport. But do we have to send Form 929 if we have already updated it in the Immiaccount?

Not really.. when i updated mine.. i only did in immi account and that didnt disturb my grant ir anything.. in fact my grant has the updated passport.. check your vevo it will shows your most cyrrent passport details. That will give you an indication if it has been updated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rupinder said:

i want to believe all applicant has to be onshore to apply.. 

To be on the safe side consult an agent if primary applicant/secondary is/are oversea

Edited by oalabi

40 minutes ago, Charizard said:

Hi All.

Quick question. If the case officer has requested for a document for which the processing time is unavailable and may take more than 28 days. What are the steps we should take. I have the applied receipt and confirmation email. Should i upload them now and click i have provided requested information. Wait until the last week for the document and if it does not come then provide the reciept. Is someelse in a similar situation.

Could someone please advice

Thanks

I had same case. CO asked to provide ielts and AFP in 28 days. I gave ielts and got result after total 30 days. my agent submitted my AFP and ielts booking comfirmation but didnt press "i have provided requested information". only after providing ielts result he pressed the button. still waiting for grant.