887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

51 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

true I also get confused with ppl keep changing conditional format and filtering. let’s see what we can do.

Hi mate, I saw on the tracker that you have been contacted by CO after two days submitted the application. any updates after then?

thanks

Edited by MMM

11 minutes ago, MMM said:

Hi mate, I saw on the tracker that you have been contacted by CO after two days submitted the application. any updates after then?

thanks

Hey mate, no nothing after that. I think someone confused with my record and enter another similar record as mine as granted 😄 I saw that mine was discussed in other groups.

Good morning, guys! Just got this piece of information, it’s not a 100%, but quite a likely scenario. The visa that was granted from May 2020, if your sponsored profession (in which you also worked most of the time) is in demand they might process it sooner. Professions such as aged care, health care, government officials, or similar,... Perhaps someone can confirm as you’re following the grants for longer? Since 489 is an occupation sponsored visa it might be they are looking at that or AI is picking it out of the system for processing? I only saw it in 2 occasions that an aged care person got their 887 picked up a month after lodgement and another one was a government official that got his PR is 6 days without even uploading documents. Hope this helps in predicting the trends.

37 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Good morning, guys! Just got this piece of information, it’s not a 100%, but quite a likely scenario. The visa that was granted from May 2020, if your sponsored profession (in which you also worked most of the time) is in demand they might process it sooner. Professions such as aged care, health care, government officials, or similar,... Perhaps someone can confirm as you’re following the grants for longer? Since 489 is an occupation sponsored visa it might be they are looking at that or AI is picking it out of the system for processing? I only saw it in 2 occasions that an aged care person got their 887 picked up a month after lodgement and another one was a government official that got his PR is 6 days without even uploading documents. Hope this helps in predicting the trends.

That makes a lot of sense.

To all who may have access in the Google Sheets tracker,

The tracker has macros/formulas. PLEASE DO NOT MESS WITH THE GOOGLE SHEETS IF YOU ARE NOT USED TO IT. YOU SHOULD NOT TYPE IN SOMETHING MANUALLY WHERE YOU SHOULD NOT OR YOU WILL OVERWRITE THE ENTIRE THING.

The Trend table is no longer accurate because of some itchy fingers thinking they are good in formulas in Excel.

50 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Hi @Hanna, according to the friends that knows the duo, it wasn't a job that was in high demand per se. Quite a mainstream job. Hence, it was a bit puzzling to note that the grant took effective that fast.

13 hours ago, sislam said:

Guys I have a question

I am primary applicant and my Pte is still valid if I count 3 years. also I have medium of instruction from uni saying all medium of instruction was English(overseas uni certificate/ accessed by engineers Australia)  I will lodge 887 soon. Still they will ask me for english proof if I attach these as proof?????

and my wife got 489 grant with uni transcript + medium of instruction back then. will I upload the same now????

thanks all

please answer 

3 hours ago, sislam said:

please answer 

I think you should be fine the details what you are planning to submit as it covers all data what immi requires.

I submitted my PTE and my wife's school documents to prove functional English since case officer requested 

Waiting for the decision and I'll upload here soon in sha Allah

• Thanks 1

Hi Seniors @nudgee@sha_adelaide

Appreciate your advice on a query I have.

I applied for the 887 visa approximately a month back as primary applicant with my wife as secondary applicant. Through reading this forum I understand that proving functional English is now a requirement for 887.

I already completed IELTS on 15/04/2016 as it was a requirement for the 489 visa. I managed to score an overall score of 8.0 (9 for Listening, 8.5 Reading, 8 for writing and  for speaking)

I spoke to my agent who lodged both my 489 and 887 visa. He is adamant that functional English is not a requirement for the 887 visa as it has already been verified at the time of applying for 489 visa. I even when to the extent of explaining to him that functional English shows as a eligibility requirement for 887 visa on the DHA website. However he still maintains that it is only asked from certain 887 applicants who are currently on other visa's which functional English was not verified at the time of applying for those visa's.

Unfortunately I have not completed any course with a duration of 2 years with the medium of study as English. I completed my masters outside of Australia with the medium of studies as English. However this was for a duration of 1.5 years.

My wife has studied in Australia for approximately 4 years. However, since she is the secondary applicant I am not sure if this is relevant. Further her certificates were not submitted as a part of 887 visa application.

I am now wondering if I should sit for the IELTS exam again and re submit fresh results or if I should go by advice of agent and not complete IELTS. Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, 887pos said:

I applied for the 887 visa approximately a month back as primary applicant with my wife as secondary applicant. Through reading this forum I understand that proving functional English is now a requirement for 887.

I already completed IELTS on 15/04/2016 as it was a requirement for the 489 visa. I managed to score an overall score of 8.0 (9 for Listening, 8.5 Reading, 8 for writing and  for speaking)

I spoke to my agent who lodged both my 489 and 887 visa. He is adamant that functional English is not a requirement for the 887 visa as it has already been verified at the time of applying for 489 visa. I even when to the extent of explaining to him that functional English shows as a eligibility requirement for 887 visa on the DHA website. However he still maintains that it is only asked from certain 887 applicants who are currently on other visa's which functional English was not verified at the time of applying for those visa's.

Unfortunately I have not completed any course with a duration of 2 years with the medium of study as English. I completed my masters outside of Australia with the medium of studies as English. However this was for a duration of 1.5 years.

My wife has studied in Australia for approximately 4 years. However, since she is the secondary applicant I am not sure if this is relevant. Further her certificates were not submitted as a part of 887 visa application.

I am now wondering if I should sit for the IELTS exam again and re submit fresh results or if I should go by advice of agent and not complete IELTS. Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers

Regardless of the advice from your agent, you are still in a good hand if you prepare evidence of functional english (at least) and ask the agent to upload it to in your case file. there may be chance that your agent has not been updated or informed of the new functional english requirement.

18 minutes ago, 887pos said:

Cheers

The functional English is required for both primary and secondary candidate based on recent cases in this forum. 

And the functional English must be taken within 12 months prior to lodge the visa, so your Pte score is not valid unfortunately. And your wife is of course fine to submit her completion letter instead of English test result. 

I would suggest you to take the English exam to prevent any unexpected delay for your visa processing time. 

20 hours ago, MMM said:

is it possible just give authority to admin for modifying the tracker?

Can someone with view only access also mess the excel? If thats the case, limiting modify access might not help... just a thought

Edited by Meee

20 hours ago, Urwa said:

Thankx and co give us 70 days to provide these documents.anyone got 70 days.? Because always they give 28 days why give us 70 days?

Don't know the exact reason, it used be 70 days before as far as I knew, it's now 28 days, but I think it's not very important as long as you submit the document and click the you have submitted required document on the immi account. Good luck and I will appreciate that if you share the outcome once you get the visa. 

16 hours ago, Meee said:

Can someone with view only access also mess the excel? If thats the case, limiting modify access might not help... just a thought

No you cant mess if you only have view access. However my edit rights are gone and I still see the people who apply filter and keep it without resetting are there with edit rights 😄 anyway I made an own copy for me that way I can keep track 😄 

@887pos It was recently put inplace that both main and secondary applicants over 18 years of age need to prove their Functional English for 887. In my opinion it is best to upload these. Agent seems not to be uptodate. You can find this info in the DOHA website. Also there are various ways you can prove your functional english.

Thanks & best of luck.

Hi,

almost 20 days ago I had been asked for Functional English for my wife and I. After that I sent them some explanation but didn't receive any feedback and then I decided to book exam and sit for that.
If I book exam for almost 3 weeks later,  it will be enough to upload my booking confirmation on immi account only or do I need to do anything more?
because my 28 days will be finished next week. 

best regards, 

20 hours ago, 887pos said:

Cheers

Hi,

My friend don't waste your time and book exam. I  applied for 887 two years ago (at that time even Functional English was not in requirement documents list for applicants over 18), but recently Co asked me for this certificate (for my wife and I).

Same as you, when I applied for 489, my wife and I submitted Ielts certificates. For this time we'll try PTE as we heard it's easier exam time score.