887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Prab Singh said:

Congratulation Guys !!! Congratulation Guys !!! Congratulation Guys !!! Enjoy your Dayyyyyyyyy 

Congratulation Guys !!! Congratulation Guys !!! Congratulation Guys !!! Enjoy your Dayyyyyyyy 

Thaaaank YouUuu , You were so right, its so hard and frustrating when you are on the other side of the line bit when you pass it , you forget about the painful wait. Soo happy to share this with you guys here who totally understand each other 🌟🌟

• Like 1

Holla .. 
I’m in a dilemma.. in relation to working 35hours per week, is it possible to submit payslip and time sheets which reflect a total of 70 to 74 hours, issued fortnightly.  For there were weeks that I was fortunate enough to secure 35hours per week for 2 consecutive week...& there were weeks that I had worked 37 hours for the first week followed by 34 hours for the second week of roster ( total of 71 hours over 2 weeks ) ... 

I’m a Registered Nurse and I do permanent nights. My employment contract, stipulates my working hours as 68 to 76 hours, fortnightly.

My manager is supportive and she tries hard to assign me with extra hours per week in order to meet the requirements of my visa but she is also bound by the acuity of the department( ratio of Nurses assigned to admitted patients). 
But there is so much that she can do if the census is low, hence, I’m forced to accept and juggle my hours over 2 weeks.

Any fellow applicants experiencing what I’m going through or are there any successful 887 applicants who met with the generosity of CO and was granted visa with an accumulated hours over 2 weeks ( minimum 70 hours ) instead of strictly going by 35 hours per week.

Appreciate your assistance.

15 hours ago, Veer said:

Hi,
Just wondering, has anyone done Indian PCC recently from Australia?
I'm trying to call the Indian consulate in Sydney Brisbane Perth and Canberra last two weeks to get more information about it but none of the offices answering the phone!
Please advise if anyone has done it and if there is any other way to get Indian PCC from Australia.

Thanks in advance.

I have same issue. I applied it nearly a month and the latest info I have is they have sent to India for more info. they have never done this before.

I also called but it plays the recorded message. I emailed them yesterday lets hope they reply. 

17 hours ago, Veer said:

Hi,
Just wondering, has anyone done Indian PCC recently from Australia?
I'm trying to call the Indian consulate in Sydney Brisbane Perth and Canberra last two weeks to get more information about it but none of the offices answering the phone!
Please advise if anyone has done it and if there is any other way to get Indian PCC from Australia.

Thanks in advance.

I applied in mid June by visiting VFS Adelaide through appointment, got it in 10 days.

6 hours ago, Celes2312 said:

Holla .. 
I’m in a dilemma.. in relation to working 35hours per week, is it possible to submit payslip and time sheets which reflect a total of 70 to 74 hours, issued fortnightly.  For there were weeks that I was fortunate enough to secure 35hours per week for 2 consecutive week...& there were weeks that I had worked 37 hours for the first week followed by 34 hours for the second week of roster ( total of 71 hours over 2 weeks ) ... 

I’m a Registered Nurse and I do permanent nights. My employment contract, stipulates my working hours as 68 to 76 hours, fortnightly.

My manager is supportive and she tries hard to assign me with extra hours per week in order to meet the requirements of my visa but she is also bound by the acuity of the department( ratio of Nurses assigned to admitted patients). 
But there is so much that she can do if the census is low, hence, I’m forced to accept and juggle my hours over 2 weeks.

Any fellow applicants experiencing what I’m going through or are there any successful 887 applicants who met with the generosity of CO and was granted visa with an accumulated hours over 2 weeks ( minimum 70 hours ) instead of strictly going by 35 hours per week.

I'm not in an exact situation so just my two cents:

I wouldn't be worried about 34 hours per week, the key the immigration department wants to see is whether you are working as a full time employee, but IF you are not, then at least a full-time equivalent. In fact imo if you have an employment contract stating your job is "full-time", you'd be fine. 

That aside, the safest option I can think of would be that you wait a little longer and collect enough 35-hours-and-above payslips, and by enough I meant 52 weeks which could mean you'd need more than 26 payslips. 

Edited by hys887

3 hours ago, TAS887 said:

I have same issue. I applied it nearly a month and the latest info I have is they have sent to India for more info. they have never done this before.

I also called but it plays the recorded message. I emailed them yesterday lets hope they reply. 

I got mine yesterday. I submitted the document on 1st July by personally visiting the VFS office in Adelaide. 

those who are worried about submitting their Indian passport, they only checked mine and I think also scanned it on some reader but returned it then and there. There were 2 ladies on the counter, one was nicer than other 😉 and thankfully we got served by the nicer one 😊.

Such a relief to get that done too.

11 minutes ago, LiANSS said:

Hi everyone,

When we add a newborn to our application during the process, is the newborn granted with a bridging visa first?

Yes. In my case they granted bridging visa first and 489 after few days of bridging visa. They have also asked for the newborn medical (GP Letter) 

1 minute ago, PKS-SS said:

Yes. In my case they granted bridging visa first and 489 after few days of bridging visa. They have also asked for the newborn medical (GP Letter) 

Thank you. and how long did they take to grant the PR for you after newborn's bridging visa?

On 7/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Meee said:

Hi friends. I am in a situation and want to know your thoughts and suggestions as I can see there are many helpful and knowledgeable people in this forum. I have applied in March 2020 and I am pretty confident to say that I have provided sufficient documents as evidences as in multiple proofs for a requirement wherever possible) and I am waiting on my Indian PCC to arrive.

I was the primary applicant for 487 and so am for 887 visa. I have provided university letter for my spouse as a proof of functional English. I have provided my employer letter as proof of functional English for myself and I am trying to get in touch with my college in India to get the letter but no one is answering the numbers they have on site. Probably because of the fact the they are closed due to COVD-19. What should I do? I have uploaded my IELTS results from March 2017 and all my degree marksheets that are in English and no other language on them. Will these documents be sufficient?

I can’t accept that fact that I have to spend another 400 bucks on IELTS.

Thanks guys for your suggestions and solutions. 

The problem with personally visiting is: 1. its quite far from my house like 4-5 hrs drive. i used to live in hostel; 2. there are chances that the college is closed so i am not sure if its a good idea to get someone to visit without knowing if the college is open that too amid lockdown.

I had sent emails on the email ID that i got from the website long ago but did not get any response.  However, eventually I got this personal mobile number of this guy somehow and rang him. He asked me send and email  with all details and promised to help. This email was again a general inquery email ID but different from the one i sent a request before. So i sent request again last Friday but still havent heard anything yet. Sent a reminder yesterday. I hope they finally listen to my requests and issue the letter sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, Celes2312 said:

Holla .. 

Same situation. I wouldnt gonna worry abt it, as long as you work 70 hrs in a fortnight or more That’s how i sumbit mine, i got my direct grant last month. waited for 8 1/2 months. God bless and good luck.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Meee said:

Thanks guys for your suggestions and solutions. 

The problem with personally visiting is: 1. its quite far from my house like 4-5 hrs drive. i used to live in hostel; 2. there are chances that the college is closed so i am not sure if its a good idea to get someone to visit without knowing if the college is open that too amid lockdown.

I had sent emails on the email ID that i got from the website long ago but did not get any response.  However, eventually I got this personal mobile number of this guy somehow and rang him. He asked me send and email  with all details and promised to help. This email was again a general inquery email ID but different from the one i sent a request before. So i sent request again last Friday but still havent heard anything yet. Sent a reminder yesterday. I hope they finally listen to my requests and issue the letter sooner rather than later.

Hi.  I didn't bother to take an english test prior to my grant, however, i uploaded my Uni’s (Melb based) transcript stating English is my medium of instruction a month before i got my visa. Got a direct grant without further updating  my Police check. 

But, each case is different and dealth with different CO’s. 

Goodluck to your application.

5 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Seems like cos are in no mood to do mass visa processing as they were doing before July 2020. Must be waiting for new financial budget that has been delayed until October 2020. 

there is no quota for 887 visa

• Haha 1