887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, John akhil said:
Hi all

I was an onshore 489 applicant. I got bridging visa grant(489) on Jan 8, 2018, and grant on September 2018
Can I count my residency for 887 from Jan 8 2018( bridging grant while on postgraduate visa).
Few people told I can 
I will ask the agent too. 
Any thoughts 

You can count your residency since the time you spent as bridging visa A was in effective too, but make sure there is another requirement to apply for 887 visa, which is holding 489 visa at least for 2 years. 

(I assume that your bridging visa A of 489 visa was in effect after the postgraduate visa was expired, so the time between the postgraduate visa expired and 489 visa grant are eligible to count toward your residency prove.  

Cheers

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DVR said:

When does the site get updated normally ? Last update was 26th June 2020. Which means would it be at the end of each month ? 

normally 20th each month. but last time was 26th.

I guess is early next week

Greetings all. 

Have been a long time reader of this forum, first time poster. This might fill all with optimism. My sibling got 887 just now. Details below

489 designated area applicant in Aug 2015, grant Aug 2016

Arrived in the country 15 April 2018

Applied for 887:  24 May, 2020

First CO contact: 25 May, 2020, requesting primary applicant English, PCC, & AFP, and further evidence of employment; partner PCC & AFP, submitted evidence, AFP, PCC 22 June and made a case for not requiring English. 

CO contact 24 June, saying English is required. 

Took IELTS 4 July, Submitted 10 July

Grant today 🙂 

Cheers,

-A thrilled sibling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, G2020 said:

Greetings all. 

Have been a long time reader of this forum, first time poster. This might fill all with optimism. My sibling got 887 just now. Details below

489 designated area applicant in Aug 2015, grant Aug 2016

Arrived in the country 15 April 2018

Applied for 887:  24 May, 2020

First CO contact: 25 May, 2020, requesting primary applicant English, PCC, & AFP, and further evidence of employment; partner PCC & AFP, submitted evidence, AFP, PCC 22 June and made a case for not requiring English. 

CO contact 24 June, saying English is required. 

Took IELTS 4 July, Submitted 10 July

Grant today 🙂 

Cheers,

-A thrilled sibling

who was the CO?

Our GRANT is here,

Long time silent follower, finally we got our today.

Applied 11 sep 2019

1st co contact 10 june 2020 (childs birth certificate, submitted same day  and English for secondary applicant submitted 7th july )

Granted 20 jul 2020. Co Rajani

Finallyyyyy thanku waheguru g.

Thankyou to this forum too, has helped alot in tracking the progress of the file.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rae said:

Guys,

We won't be able to provide our requested IELTS in time, is there anything we can do about this or will they just simply deny our application without it?

If you've already taken the test and are awaiting results, send in your payment receipt along with a letter explaining the delay.

Edited by Zachary