887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Funny story - I received my grant on 26th June 2020 but for some reason the email went to spam folder and I had not bothered to check until this morning when I called up the skilled support and they mentioned that my case was finalized last month and I have been sent an email too. They asked me to check the spam folder and call back if the email was not found. But surprise surprise, the grant email was sitting on the 2nd page of the spam folder - I know, I need to empty the spam folder regularly and check before I empty it. 

Feeling stupid but mostly funny. And then I told my mother the whole story and we were both laughing. I hung up and a few minutes later she calls and asks "so you got PR?" Hahaha. Guess it runs in the family. 

Thanks everyone!

Application dat 2nd October 2019

Granted 26th June 2020

Realized 23rd July 2020🤣🤣

Edited by Zachary
  • Like 6
  • Haha 8

Hi all,

I am going to apply 887 next month and still under 489. My new born doesn't have a passport yet and I have already applied for it but it will take another 3 -4 months for the passport preparation. I have also posted the form 1022 to Home Affairs. Can I apply for 887 without my child's passport or do I have to wait for it to apply? It's a great help if one of you can advise me on this who is aware of this kind of a situation . Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, DRN87 said:

Hi all,

I am going to apply 887 next month and still under 489. My new born doesn't have a passport yet and I have already applied for it but it will take another 3 -4 months for the passport preparation. I have also posted the form 1022 to Home Affairs. Can I apply for 887 without my child's passport or do I have to wait for it to apply? It's a great help if one of you can advise me on this who is aware of this kind of a situation . Thanks. 

I would suggest you to apply without your baby's passport and mention in cover letter that you will submit it asap. Also submit the receipt as a proof that passport application is under process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zachary said:

Funny story - I received my grant on 26th June 2020 but for some reason the email went to spam folder and I had not bothered to check until this morning when I called up the skilled support and they mentioned that my case was finalized last month and I have been sent an email too. They asked me to check the spam folder and call back if the email was not found. But surprise surprise, the grant email was sitting on the 2nd page of the spam folder - I know, I need to empty the spam folder regularly and check before I empty it. 

Feeling stupid but mostly funny. And then I told my mother the whole story and we were both laughing. I hung up and a few minutes later she calls and asks "so you got PR?" Hahaha. Guess it runs in the family. 

Thanks everyone!

Granted 26th June 2020

Bottom line is that you've gotten the memo. But your secretary did not do the filing properly. Better late to the party than never. But before that, please change your sexytary.

Congratulations!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zachary said:

Thanks everyone!

Granted 26th June 2020

Congratulation  😀😀

My Million Dollar question(s)

• Why didn't you check your IMMI account ?
  • What made you call the skilled support team ?

Just Kidding .. Enjoy the freedom 🤩

Edited by Prab Singh

12 hours ago, Zachary said:

Thanks everyone!

Granted 26th June 2020

How did you contact Skill Support? 

1 hour ago, Ola said:

Grant Grant Grant!
Date applied- August 1st 2019
1st contact- 09 June, 2020
Docs Submitted - 22 June, 2020

Granted - 24 July, 2020
CO Theresa

Congratulation mate. Just wondering if you have complained after submitting docs?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Sachin said:

Congratulation mate. Just wondering if you have complained after submitting docs?

I complained on the website last Friday and got a reply that Global Feedback Unit cannot assist on the matter 

22 hours ago, Zachary said:

Thanks everyone!

Granted 26th June 2020

Hahahah!! Congratulations!!

You guys we finally got our pr today, can't even believe it

Applied may 2019 

First contact may 2020 requested English secondary applicant, provided 2 weeks later

Second contact June 2020 requested English main applicant, submitted just in time on day 27 after request was made. Also complained about not making all requests in the same time.

Grant received today (co Wendy)

Thanks for all your help here and goodluck to every one!

• Like 3

Team, 

Just wanted to ask you something. Once we get 887 are we eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy if our income comes under low to Medium ? My wife takes care of our son and she couldn't find any job related to her field. Kid has just turned one years old..

Thanks heaps !!