Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, I received my grant already but I need to upload my newborns passport. I dont see an option to upload documents online once your application has been finalised. Anyone has any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DVR said:

DAMN!!! I can't believe myself .. GRANT !! Direct !! Holly F**** GOD .. 😂😂 I am going on half-a-day leave to celebrate now .. 

Applied date: 07/03/2020
Grant date; 05/08/2020 (Just less than 5 months !!!)  

Here are the details .. 

Granted 489 while I was offshore.. 13 November 2017
Arrived in Australia: 03/03/2018

Wife(secondary applicant went to India to have our baby, as I was not a full time employee and had no income, mainly due to financial hardships). 
Son was born in India and applied subsequent on 17 July, 2019. Since the grant got delayed, i applied a Visitor Visa also for my son. Both Visas came on the same day !! 😊 (06 December 2019, They just got into Australia before the boarder was closed on March 1st.

I was worried as I was out of Australia for 26 days and wasn't offset before applying (I knew after I had applied 887) 

Today !!! Directly granted by lovely Sophie !!! 😍

I wish you all get direct grants soon .. See you all in Citizenship form next year .. .

DVR out ..! 

Congrats DVR... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DVR said:

DAMN!!! I can't believe myself .. GRANT !! Direct !! Holly F**** GOD .. 😂😂 I am going on half-a-day leave to celebrate now .. 

Applied date: 07/03/2020
Grant date; 05/08/2020 (Just less than 5 months !!!)  

Here are the details .. 

Granted 489 while I was offshore.. 13 November 2017
Arrived in Australia: 03/03/2018

Wife(secondary applicant went to India to have our baby, as I was not a full time employee and had no income, mainly due to financial hardships). 
Son was born in India and applied subsequent on 17 July, 2019. Since the grant got delayed, i applied a Visitor Visa also for my son. Both Visas came on the same day !! 😊 (06 December 2019, They just got into Australia before the boarder was closed on March 1st.

I was worried as I was out of Australia for 26 days and wasn't offset before applying (I knew after I had applied 887) 

Today !!! Directly granted by lovely Sophie !!! 😍

I wish you all get direct grants soon .. See you all in Citizenship form next year .. .

DVR out ..! 

Thats Awesome.

Congratulations friend. Enjoy the freedom 🙂 and good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Meee said:

Thats Awesome.

Congratulations friend. Enjoy the freedom 🙂 and good luck

Thank you friend, hope you all get direct grants. No one with 489 deserves such a long wait

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Farha said:

Hi guys, I received my grant already but I need to upload my newborns passport. I dont see an option to upload documents online once your application has been finalised. Anyone has any idea?

Email to skilled.support@homaffairs.gov.au followed by a call to confirm might be an option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

By God's blessings, I received my direct grant today.

Single Applicant from India

Applied on 12/3/2020 (Sorry just realised that I have mentioned that i applied on 13/3/2020, sorry that was by mistake)

Grant on 6/8/2020.

CO Marea, GSM  Adelaide 

 

I thank you for everyone who took time to reply to my questions.

I also wish that everyone receive their grants soon. All the Best

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a single query today from CO Sophorn GSM Adelaide. AFP clearance for my wife with her surname which was before marriage.  They are considering it as an Alias name. How  to do that? Please help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soumya said:

I got a single query today from CO Sophorn GSM Adelaide. AFP clearance for my wife with her surname which was before marriage.  They are considering it as an Alias name. How  to do that? Please help.

What is your application date ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PKS-SS said:

What is your application date ?

12/3/2020

Edited by Soumya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soumya said:

I got a single query today from CO Sophorn GSM Adelaide. AFP clearance for my wife with her surname which was before marriage.  They are considering it as an Alias name. How  to do that? Please help.

You can apply for AFP again with alias name. You will get the option for that while filling form.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PKS-SS said:

You can apply for AFP again with alias name. You will get the option for that while filling form.

 

06F9C55D-5FE4-4CD7-8CB7-EA367DA401B9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JayKrish said:

Hi All,

By God's blessings, I received my direct grant today.

Single Applicant from India

Applied on 12/3/2020 (Sorry just realised that I have mentioned that i applied on 13/3/2020, sorry that was by mistake)

Grant on 6/8/2020.

CO Marea, GSM  Adelaide 

 

I thank you for everyone who took time to reply to my questions.

I also wish that everyone receive their grants soon. All the Best

Congratulations 🥳.

now I know how people used feel when they say that they refresh their email every 5 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PKS-SS said:

You can apply for AFP again with alias name. You will get the option for that while filling form.

In which stage of the application please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Meee said:

Congratulations 🥳.

now I know how people used feel when they say that they refresh their email every 5 minutes 

Thank you Mate.

Still I couldn't believe because I thought I may be contacted sometime tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soumya said:

Thank you 

Is it a possibility that the a different CO will be assigned after I respond to the initial query? I am fearing if a different CO is assigned then he or she may raise another query.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Prab Singh said:

Once you have your baby .. you could request a document from hospital that the baby is healthy and fine .. the check list includes Height, weight and head circumference.  Once you baby is born thy update the Blue book ( Adelaide, SA) abt other stuff as well .. like hearing test, vaccinations and other .. you could also upload a copy of same as well.. 

Thank @Prab Singh my boy is 3years old. But my agent said that his medical has been finalize but he had never had medical done before so I think we have to wait for them if they require medical.

 

Thank a lot for your reply

I applied in Apr and tgey are up to Mar now. Make me so nervous. Hihi 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 887date1420202 said:

Thank @Prab Singh my boy is 3years old. But my agent said that his medical has been finalize but he had never had medical done before so I think we have to wait for them if they require medical.

 

Thank a lot for your reply

I applied in Apr and tgey are up to Mar now. Make me so nervous. Hihi 

hi, is ur son newborn after 489 visa?

Edited by MMM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Soumya said:

Is it a possibility that the a different CO will be assigned after I respond to the initial query? I am fearing if a different CO is assigned then he or she may raise another query.

Quite possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MMM said:

hi, is ur son newborn after 489 visa?

Yes. He was born after my 489 granted. That's why I was a bit confuse as I know from tgis forum that the kid will have to go to medical if he never have it done before or under 6mth will have to get GP letter.

But i am not sure about my case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Friends ,

When CO, request for any documents & when we upload the documents , is it a good idea to send a email to skill.support@homeaffairs. as well that we submit the required documents ??  

Edited by Kashey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys,

Just have a question, I landed in Melbourne on 03/07/2018 and then moved to Cairns on 06/07/2018.

I applied for visa 887 on 04/07/2020.

That's 732 days since landing and 729 days since moving to Cairns will these 3 days considered as "Shorter periods where the applicant has traveled outside the specified area and won't be subtracted from 2 years of residence?"

Anyone has a similar situation and got his grant?

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alielfiky said:

Hey Guys,

Just have a question, I landed in Melbourne on 03/07/2018 and then moved to Cairns on 06/07/2018.

I applied for visa 887 on 04/07/2020.

That's 732 days since landing and 729 days since moving to Cairns will these 3 days considered as "Shorter periods where the applicant has traveled outside the specified area and won't be subtracted from 2 years of residence?"

Anyone has a similar situation and got his grant?

 

Thanks 

Hello @alielfiky That is totally fine for the 3 day duration. Normally DOHA will not look at that but they will be more alarmed if that is longer than expected. We are talking about months. I hope this makes sense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use