887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Grant... Grant... Grant!!!
We got our grant just now!

Applied: 31/01/2020
1st contact: 30/07/2020 (CO Cynthia miscalculated the residency days and issued s57 natural justice letter)
Submitted response (with help from a MARA agent): 04/08/2020
Grant received 31/08/2020; CO Danielle!

Thanks a lot for the group members! You have been very supportive.
Good luck to all who are waiting!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mahalakshmi said:

1st contact: 30/07/2020 (CO Cynthia miscalculated the residency days and issued s57 natural justice letter)

That is awesome news mate! congrats! Did you submit the response through your immi account or emailed them somehow?

9 minutes ago, Mahalakshmi said:

Congratulations...

On 8/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, Prab Singh said:

Yes

On 8/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, Sachin said:

Let's create a separate group for backlog applicant and start sending emails to local MPs and Immigration Minister to get heard our voice. That is what our seniors done in the past and which contributes to fasten thee 887 visa application process. 

Please say "Yes" if you agree. 

Yes count me in also please, heard nothing since 2/7, a follow up didn't work either.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Journey said:

Yes count me in also please, heard nothing since 2/7, a follow up didn't work either.

Yes count me in, have been following up since the request on the 2nd of July . Would also like to check is the Form 956 required if I did the application myself ? Does everyone have it on their account even though it’s not required ? 

Edited by RKB

3 minutes ago, RKB said:

Yes count me in, have been following up since the request on the 2nd of July . Would also like to check is the Form 956 required if I did the application myself ? Does everyone have it on their account even though it’s not required ? 

No i didn't attach that, don't think it's required. Who's your CO btw? 

9 hours ago, Mabdo1 said:

GRANT!!! 

We received our grant today!! 🙂 Timeline as below:

Applied 28/1/2020.

First contact: 28/7/2020. CO Andries. Asked for AFP including father's name in the middle since the PCC from UAE showed that too.

GRANT: 31/8/2020 by CO Wendy

Wow our cases are so similar!

Applied 28/01/2020, contacted on 29/07/2020, Sophorn asked for AFP to include wife's alias (her Australian name used at work).

Grant today 31/08/2020, CO Wendy!

Also here's our little successful story to share, which I think might help others who are in a similar situation of being self employed:

Wife's the primary applicant and worked as a subcontractor. The documents we submitted as her employment evidence were:

• reference letters from two of her clients (she has only two clients and are still working with them) confirming scope of work, hourly rate, work location and employment start date
  • invoices with timesheets that reflected there were 56 weeks in which her worked more than 35 hours
  • bank statements of business accoount that showed work related expenses and income, covering about 1.5 year. all the invoices matched bank transactions
  • business registration - ABN, TFN, trust deed
  • financials that also covered 56 weeks
  • screenshots of her online profiles (linkedin and websites where she wrote a bio saying she lives in the allowed area)
  • professional assocation documents - invoices, emails and letters of webinars, workshops, events, exams etc etc. there were lots of them, and basically all of them showed that our home address or the addresses of the event/workshop were in the area where we were supposed to be
  • super documents, covering a little more than 2 years
  • tax documents 2018-19 and 2019-20

Our evidence of living and other stuff like identify and language ability was nothing special, basically they were exactly what immigration department listed/required.

Edited by hys887
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Tejas said:

Brother I had same issues my parents are still with me since last year and I did applied for PCC 2 months before and I got after 45 days, Only the things they do they will go to your house and check physically that you were living there as you mentioned in pcc application and also might be call ypur refrence for confirm your adress and your name.

Don't worry 

Yes but problem is if they go to my house for physical verification, no one will be there as the house is locked and numbers won't work if they call to indian numbers as my parents are here.

6 minutes ago, indrasena said:

Yes but problem is if they go to my house for physical verification, no one will be there as the house is locked and numbers won't work if they call to indian numbers as my parents are here.

They will Contact the references that you provided in your application or call the police station and take status from them.

Grant [emoji322]
Family of 2
Enter Adelaide: 4.6.2018
Applied: 5.6.2020
Traveled for 17 days overseas (not our home country) for a holiday.
Granted: 1.9.2020
CO: Christopher
See link to a pdf file bellow what documents we have provided.
IELTS was almost 3 years old but because of Superior English, it was accepted.
We updated all police checks just in case because the old ones were requested 6 months before moving to Australia and it says that it has to cover ALL time spent in that country. We didn’t want to take the risk and ordered new ones.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to request documents well ahead of your application. We requested AFP 1 month prior to lodgement and PCCs too. You want to make sure all documents are at all times up to date otherwise you risk a delay in your processing time. Do not wait for CO to contact you.
Also, name your documents properly, COs first scan your documents to check if something is missing and request based on the document names. Some people complained about COs requesting the same documents already provided in the application. So carefully name them and upload everything when you lodge is my advice.
Finally, update regularly especially in the case of a newborn and residency changes. Good luck to everyone, this group has helped a lot in clearing out uncertainty around the application process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17cTGm-gcNyuUbllYruA1Y34hM3aJftLi/view?usp=sharing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Grant emoji322.png
Family of 2
We updated all police checks just in case because the old ones were requested 6 months before moving to Australia and it says that it has to cover ALL time spent in that country. We didn’t want to take the risk and ordered new ones.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to request documents well ahead of your application. We requested AFP 1 month prior to lodgement and PCCs too. You want to make sure all documents are at all times up to date otherwise you risk a delay in your processing time. Do not wait for CO to contact you.
Also, name your documents properly, COs first scan your documents to check if something is missing and request based on the document names. Some people complained about COs requesting the same documents already provided in the application. So carefully name them and upload everything when you lodge is my advice.
Finally, update regularly especially in the case of a newborn and residency changes. Good luck to everyone, this group has helped a lot in clearing out uncertainty around the application process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17cTGm-gcNyuUbllYruA1Y34hM3aJftLi/view?usp=sharing

Congratulations! 

54 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Grant emoji322.png
Family of 2

Congratulations.. its good to share this it will help new applicants 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanna said:

Grant emoji322.png
Family of 2

Many Congratulations and thanks for sharing the details...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMM said:

Finally!!! got my grant this morning!
applied: 11/5/2020
grant:1/9/2020
co: Chia-chun
Thank you guys, stay positive, you will receive ur grant very soon!

Wow wow wow... Many Congratulations.. So happy for you... When was the first contact or it is a direct grant?

17 minutes ago, Raj123 said:

Wow wow wow... Many Congratulations.. So happy for you... When was the first contact or it is a direct grant?

thank you mate! it was direct grant. I have seen the same application date got grant last Tuesday, and waiting for one week to get my grant. the waiting almost killing me. but finally got my grant, soooo happy

• Like 2

Just now, MMM said:

thank you mate! it was direct grant. I have seen the same application date got grant last Tuesday, and waiting for one week to get my grant. the waiting almost killing me. but finally got my grant, soooo happy

Patience pays.... Congratulations again... Enjoy

• Like 1

Finally!!! got my direct grant this morning!
applied: 11/5/2020
grant:1/9/2020
co: Chia-chun
Thank you guys, stay positive, you will receive ur grant very soon!

Congrats! I also saw people getting grants before me and was worried that the system skipped me. It’s sometimes strange how they work but glad to see you got your grant finally. All the best! And thanks for always updating us and keeping track on grants. It was nice having you in this forum.

7 minutes ago, Hanna said:

Congrats! I also saw people getting grants before me and was worried that the system skipped me. It’s sometimes strange how they work but glad to see you got your grant finally. All the best! And thanks for always updating us and keeping track on grants. It was nice having you in this forum.

you almost let me crying😂

haha, thanks a lot. just saw you also got grant this morning, congrats! best wish for ur future

Edited by MMM
  • Like 1