887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 9/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, justaguy said:

Thanks. Address is correct. Haven’t received it yet as it’s still showing as interim Medicare online too. Seems like they didn’t even send it. 

@justaguy mate i called the medicare support, they asked me to fill the medicare enrolment form along with that visa copy +passport copy..after that 1 week i got green medicare card straight....

cheers

10 hours ago, nmit07 said:

@justaguy mate i called the medicare support, they asked me to fill the medicare enrolment form along with that visa copy +passport copy..after that 1 week i got green medicare card straight....

cheers

Thanks mate. It seems to be the only way to get it. Filling the form again and submitting it. I am just coming from their office and they said if I’m in a hurry I can give them a call after two days to get the new Medicare number. If no hurry then I can wait for 3 weeks for the cards to arrive. 

51 minutes ago, jasmin FR said:

Finally, I got my golden email. I got the grant today after struggling of 3 years.

CO:Jennifer

Applied date:3 June,2019

Three case officer’s change

Lastly, Jennifer has issue me grant

Congrats.... 

Can u please share all contacts date, docs required to submit  and submission of docs dates along-with CO name?

Hey guys!

Reaching out for quick help, especially from friends who have just submitted the 887 application 

While filling the application form, there is this question, which says "Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year."

Is the expectation that we mention all entry and exits in the last 10 years, in countries were we lived cumulatively for 12+ months in the last 10 years? Similar to what we did in Form 80? E.g. My wife has made several visits to Dubai to visit her parents and her overall stay in the last 10 years exceeds 12+ months

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

Regards

5 hours ago, m RJ said:

Congrats.... 

Can u please share all contacts date, docs required to submit  and submission of docs dates along-with CO name?

I worked for 3 jobs so, I submitted my pay slips, banks statement and group certificate.

first case officer 3 june,20 asked for banks statement

Second case officer:7 July asked for police clearance from my home country Kuwait

Third Case Officer:25 August,20200 police clearance from my home country Kuwait

Finally got grant today early morning.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jasmin FR said:

I worked for 3 jobs so, I submitted my pay slips, banks statement and group certificate.

first case officer 3 june,20 asked for banks statement

Second case officer:7 July asked for police clearance from my home country Kuwait

Third Case Officer:25 August,20200 police clearance from my home country Kuwait

Finally got grant today early morning.

Thanks for sharing this info.

why during the second and third contact the ask for police clearance from my home country Kuwait?

what was the issue? what was done by you?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, July2020_Shan said:

A friend of mine received her 887 grant just now;

Applied 09 Mar 2020

First contact ;06 Aug 2020

Grant ; 09 Sep 20. 

Family of 2 from Adelaide

Hi, who was your case officer for the first contact and who processed the grant? 

I applied on 10 Mar 2020

First contact on 06 Aug 2020

Family of 4 and still waiting

Received the following correspondence from Chief Minister office.

Thank you for writing to the Chief Minister the Hon. Michael Gunner MLA to raise your concerns in relation to the delays with the processing of subclass 887 visa applications. This has been passed on to us for response.

The Northern Territory Government understands the importance of providing our skilled overseas workers and their families with the security of long-term residency, and acknowledges the anxiety you are feeling over your pending visa application.

As you would understand, the administration of visa applications is the responsibility of the Australian Government through the Department of Home Affairs and the Territory Government has limited capacity to intervene in these matters. This department has made submissions to the Department of Home Affairs to advocate for faster processing times for subclass 887 visa applications.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to the Chief Minister, and we wish you the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Namal said:

Thank you for writing to the Chief Minister the Hon. Michael Gunner MLA to raise your concerns in relation to the delays with the processing of subclass 887 visa applications. This has been passed on to us for response.

The Northern Territory Government understands the importance of providing our skilled overseas workers and their families with the security of long-term residency, and acknowledges the anxiety you are feeling over your pending visa application.

As you would understand, the administration of visa applications is the responsibility of the Australian Government through the Department of Home Affairs and the Territory Government has limited capacity to intervene in these matters. This department has made submissions to the Department of Home Affairs to advocate for faster processing times for subclass 887 visa applications.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to the Chief Minister, and we wish you the best.

Much Appreciated effort !!!

2 hours ago, Namal said:

that was the exact reply I got the last time and am still waiting from 1 Oct 2019 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, johnpaul said:

Hi, who was your case officer for the first contact and who processed the grant? 

I applied on 10 Mar 2020

First contact on 06 Aug 2020

Family of 4 and still waiting

Same case here.  I have applied on 12/3/20 , first contact made on 6/8/2020 and still waiting. Family of 3.