887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

26 minutes ago, SamOS said:

No it wouldn't. I did same Albury/Wodonga and got granted 887 🙂

You can live and work in any location in regional Australia..does not matter with 2 locations but please have all the documents related to your living and work

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John akhil said:

it's really sad for the people waiting for wife"s 489 grant to lodge 887?

Losing a lot of time

We should come together and send emails to MPs and home affairs. 

They should make amendments for 887 to add applicant directly 

Hi John,

Can we still apply for 887 of your partner is on the bridging of 489 ?

our application is decision ready and as we are back in Australia, communicated the same to the immigration. How many days would it take for them to check the email and issue the grants? Can anyone who has gone through this phase help me with the info plzz

Edited by GC1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:48 AM, GC1 said:

our application is decision ready and as we are back in Australia, communicated the same to the immigration. How many days would it take for them to check the email and issue the grants? Can anyone who has gone through this phase help me with the info plzz

Hi Mate, may i ask how did you back to Australia? I'm the primary applicant but my partner is stuck overseas from Feb 2020, our application is still not granted yet. Did you apply for exemption to travel ban? I heard about theCOVID 19 concession released on 19/9/2020, the 887 visa can be granted onshore and offshore. Is this true?

Our 887 application submitted on 1/6/2019

first contact 2/6/2020

Further documents submitted on 10/6/2020

immi account status changed to further assessment on 2/7/2020,

nothing from then.

Grant 12-Oct-2020

Applied: 25-Nov-19 

1st Contact: 26-Jun-20 - requested English language ability for primary applicant - Submitted 07-Jul

2nd Contact: 11-Sep-20 - requested health assessment for 2 years old  - Submitted 12-Sep

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision..  

13 hours ago, XYZ123 said:

Hi Mate, may i ask how did you back to Australia? I'm the primary applicant but my partner is stuck overseas from Feb 2020, our application is still not granted yet. Did you apply for exemption to travel ban? I heard about theCOVID 19 concession released on 19/9/2020, the 887 visa can be granted onshore and offshore. Is this true?

Our 887 application submitted on 1/6/2019

first contact 2/6/2020

Further documents submitted on 10/6/2020

immi account status changed to further assessment on 2/7/2020,

nothing from then.

Hi,

Yes i have applied for exemption to travel as i had a document from my employer.I am not sure about the concession..i assume they are looking into it but not decided on implementing. Me and my wife were also stuck from Mar 2020 to Sep and then finally returned in the 1st week of sep. My lawyer said the application was decision ready and as we were overseas they have not granted the visa. Now that we are back, we sent them an email about our return. Not sure, how many days would it take from now