sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

11 hours ago, Adelaide489er said:

With processing times exceeding 21 months. Could we still move to a metro area on the existing visa , after we've fulfilled and filed the 887 visa conditions? I am getting a job there.

No. As your current visa has some restrictions, still you need to follow the conditions. If your visa 887 is not granted before expiring of your current visa, you would be on bridging visa without restrictions. Then you can move to a mega cities. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 1:24 PM, Adelaide489er said:

With processing times exceeding 21 months. Could we still move to a metro area on the existing visa , after we've fulfilled and filed the 887 visa conditions? I am getting a job there.

Better not to take any risk. It is not mentioned anywhere that you can't move to metropolitan areas, but in case CO(s) asks you to provide a new AFP once it gets expired, you have to mention the addresses lived, which may become a problem. So I would recommend to stay out of that thought moving out, till you get PR.

Good Luck. 

Thank you guys! For your reply.

The unfortunate part is the my partner might be moving soon (already a permanent resident), which makes things harder for us. I'm not sure if there might be a way of proving that I need to move as my partner would be working in a metro city from next month.

Pretty unfortunate the wait.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:47 PM, Adelaide489er said:

Thank you guys! For your reply.

The unfortunate part is the my partner might be moving soon (already a permanent resident), which makes things harder for us. I'm not sure if there might be a way of proving that I need to move as my partner would be working in a metro city from next month.

Pretty unfortunate the wait.

My friend,If you still hold 489 visa ,as immigration policy stated ,you are not allowed to stay in metro city and can only stay and work in regional ,that's rule of 489,I know some people they have rejected after they moved to big city as this action has broken condition of 489.So please stay in the regional,I don't know which metro city you are going to,like Melbourne,you can stay in Geelong or Pakham,a place nearby.but not metro city,like gold coast,you could go to Carrara,Please check regional list for 489 ,there are always a regional place nearby a metro city on the list.but please remember you can't work in big city even you stay in regional place,it will break the rule.everyone had hard time to fulfill the 489 in the regional,Do you really want to give up?887 once get rejected,you can't apply it again.I understand 21-26 months processing time is tough for every single applicant,but things could be change better in the future,As you mentioned your partner is PR and you can apply partner visa ,then move to big city.Partner visa have no such condition like 489.Hope this can solve your issues

All the best to 887 applicant and wish you guys direct grant soon.

Please check this link,More than 200 people got rejection in 10 months.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201101008-document-released.PDF?fbclid=IwAR0JNKOUEQa5zt_l82-Plydlp01ecTm1gJfgtucOd-9iFHc_e4pTEhm9io4

regional list for 489 holder and 887 applicant

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887/regional-postcodes

Edited by 887 OWNER

Hello,

I am on 489 visa. Will DHA ask for functional English for me and my partner again in 887 visa?
We both have submitted our English requirement in 489 visa. 
Thanks.