887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 hours ago, Adelaide489er said:

With processing times exceeding 21 months. Could we still move to a metro area on the existing visa , after we've fulfilled and filed the 887 visa conditions? I am getting a job there.

No. As your current visa has some restrictions, still you need to follow the conditions. If your visa 887 is not granted before expiring of your current visa, you would be on bridging visa without restrictions. Then you can move to a mega cities. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 1:24 PM, Adelaide489er said:

With processing times exceeding 21 months. Could we still move to a metro area on the existing visa , after we've fulfilled and filed the 887 visa conditions? I am getting a job there.

Better not to take any risk. It is not mentioned anywhere that you can't move to metropolitan areas, but in case CO(s) asks you to provide a new AFP once it gets expired, you have to mention the addresses lived, which may become a problem. So I would recommend to stay out of that thought moving out, till you get PR.

Good Luck. 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:47 PM, Adelaide489er said:

Thank you guys! For your reply.

The unfortunate part is the my partner might be moving soon (already a permanent resident), which makes things harder for us. I'm not sure if there might be a way of proving that I need to move as my partner would be working in a metro city from next month.

Pretty unfortunate the wait.

My friend,If you still hold 489 visa ,as immigration policy stated ,you are not allowed to stay in metro city and can only stay and work in regional ,that's rule of 489,I know some people they have rejected after they moved to big city as this action has broken condition of 489.So please stay in the regional,I don't know which metro city you are going to,like Melbourne,you can stay in Geelong or Pakham,a place nearby.but not metro city,like gold coast,you could go to Carrara,Please check regional list for 489 ,there are always a regional place nearby a metro city on the list.but please remember you can't work in big city even you stay in regional place,it will break the rule.everyone had hard time to fulfill the 489 in the regional,Do you really want to give up?887 once get rejected,you can't apply it again.I understand 21-26 months processing time is tough for every single applicant,but things could be change better in the future,As you mentioned your partner is PR and you can apply partner visa ,then move to big city.Partner visa have no such condition like 489.Hope this can solve your issues

All the best to 887 applicant and wish you guys direct grant soon.

Please check this link,More than 200 people got rejection in 10 months.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2020/fa-201101008-document-released.PDF?fbclid=IwAR0JNKOUEQa5zt_l82-Plydlp01ecTm1gJfgtucOd-9iFHc_e4pTEhm9io4

regional list for 489 holder and 887 applicant

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887/regional-postcodes

Edited by 887 OWNER
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sonup said:

Hello,

I am on 489 visa. Will DHA ask for functional English for me and my partner again in 887 visa?
We both have submitted our English requirement in 489 visa. 
Thanks. 

Hey..

PTE is valid for 3years. As long as your scores are valid, you don’t have to submit again. 

hi ,

Does anybody know how to check your application status and uploaded documents in the immi website if we lodged via Migration Agent,

i just want to make sure and satisfy my self that all things go smooth that's all. all i have is a tax invoice that containing reference no  issued by department to my agent.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, MS18 said:

Hey..

PTE is valid for 3years. As long as your scores are valid, you don’t have to submit again. 

Thanks for reply. But,

As per DHA rules, secondary applicant’s functional English result should not be older than 12 months. Primary applicants result is valid for 3 years. 

Do they ask functional English? 

thanks. 

Edited by Sonup

13 hours ago, shaan09 said:

hi ,

Does anybody know how to check your application status and uploaded documents in the immi website if we lodged via Migration Agent,

i just want to make sure and satisfy my self that all things go smooth that's all. all i have is a tax invoice that containing reference no  issued by department to my agent.

After creating your immiacount you can import any application by using The application Reference Number and your details like passport number, etc. You can find the Reference Number on your Visa application acknowledgement form issued by Homeaffairs.

I strongly recommend you DON'T attach any documents if you are working with agents. Also you wouldn't be able to check uploaded documents after attachment.

Hi Guys, I have one question, I need help 

My owner recently asked me to transfer gas bill under his name. He wanted to have it immediately, I will be applying for 887 visa in the next 4 months . 

I have the electricity connection and gas bill under my name. My worry is that immigration might ask me why I have  stopped paying the gas bill .

Will it be a problem.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, shaan09 said:

hi ,

Need to import application on your immi account. 
https://www.coralcoastmigrationservice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/share_another_holder.pdf

On 2/28/2021 at 7:41 PM, ausdre said:

Hi Guys, I have one question, I need help 

My owner recently asked me to transfer gas bill under his name. He wanted to have it immediately, I will be applying for 887 visa in the next 4 months . 

I have the electricity connection and gas bill under my name. My worry is that immigration might ask me why I have  stopped paying the gas bill .

Will it be a problem.

It does not matter as long as you have rental agreement with you.
All utility bills are only supportive documents. 

9 hours ago, sam_may_2020 said:

It does not matter as long as you have rental agreement with you.
All utility bills are only supportive documents. 

Hi Sam, Thanks for replying, My rental agreement has not been renewed since June 2020 and as per the agreement if there is not notice landlord or me of eviction then it will automatically turned into periodic lease. 

Should I get a new agreement . Also I will have electricity bill under my name still.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:35 PM, ausdre said:

Hi Sam, Thanks for replying, My rental agreement has not been renewed since June 2020 and as per the agreement if there is not notice landlord or me of eviction then it will automatically turned into periodic lease. 

Should I get a new agreement . Also I will have electricity bill under my name still.

Get the new agreement and all the proof you can gather before applying. The case officers needs to be satisfied about everything before making a decision. They will not reject your case but due to incomplete proof they will delay it and again waste your time. So get all the documents you can and upload them. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 11:10 PM, Venkat Hyderabad said:

Hi guys, 

please confirm

1. Small query. while filing for 887 do we need to fill both Form 80 & Form 1221 for both primary & secondary applicants. or only form 80. 

2. Do we also need to fill Form 1281 - Australian Value statement. 

Please confirm .. 

Thanks

Hi,

Fill in both form 80 and 1221 for both. Form 1221 is almost same but short. This is to save time later. If the Case office opens ur file and request for 1221 then u will be delayed by another 3 to 4 months.

I don't think you need form 1281.

12 hours ago, TAS887 said:

Hi,

Fill in both form 80 and 1221 for both. Form 1221 is almost same but short. This is to save time later. If the Case office opens ur file and request for 1221 then u will be delayed by another 3 to 4 months.

I don't think you need form 1281.

In my case, I have been asked to fill form 1221 on Aug 2020 and still waiting for case officer to get back to my case. This is really oppressive 😞

Hi 

I have applied for my 887 on dec 13th 2020 for myself and my wife... I have received bridging and not my wife as she is off shore never made first entry.. Our visa 489 ends on 27th sept 2021.

if I leave now... will I get bringing visa after 27th sept 2021 so I can get back? 

if not what are my options... 

it’s been 2years since I saw my family hence I’m preparing to go home, it has taken a toll on my family. 

thanks in advance.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:38 PM, S0189 said:

Hi 

I have applied for my 887 on dec 13th 2020 for myself and my wife... I have received bridging and not my wife as she is off shore never made first entry.. Our visa 489 ends on 27th sept 2021.

if I leave now... will I get bringing visa after 27th sept 2021 so I can get back? 

if not what are my options... 

it’s been 2years since I saw my family hence I’m preparing to go home, it has taken a toll on my family. 

thanks in advance.

It sure is difficult if its been more than 2 years since you saw your family, however if you go back there is no guarantee that you will receive an exemption to come back specially on a temporary visa / bridging visa, if that happens you may have to stay back home until you are allowed to come back which can take many more months putting your financials and employment in jeopardy   , also situation around the world changes very rapidly so it's better be on the safe side than taking any risk. If i were you id stay put in Australia until i get the pr and keep applying for a travel exemption for wife even if it gets rejected every time, write a letter explaining the difficult situation. 

9 hours ago, trx said:

It sure is difficult if its been more than 2 years since you saw your family, however if you go back there is no guarantee that you will receive an exemption to come back specially on a temporary visa / bridging visa, if that happens you may have to stay back home until you are allowed to come back which can take many more months putting your financials and employment in jeopardy   , also situation around the world changes very rapidly so it's better be on the safe side than taking any risk. If i were you id stay put in Australia until i get the pr and keep applying for a travel exemption for wife even if it gets rejected every time, write a letter explaining the difficult situation. 

Specially mention that you are depressed without your family and ask them to make an exemption