887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi, 

I filed my application for 887 in October 2020. I'm now planning to visit my home country and am very well aware that I won't be able to return until I've been granted permanent residency. As per Covid concessions announced by the government last year, the fact that I'm overseas will not impact my 887 visa application. Before I make the final move, I just want to double check with the community here, is it 100% confirmed that 887 visa can now be granted even if you're offshore? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you 🙂

Edited by Alankrita

On 1/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, GC1 said:

People stuck overseas and waiting for a grant need not worry, your visa will be granted even if you are offshore now due to covid. I have seen information related to it on my visa grant notice quoting instructions on how to travel to Aus now

Hi! 

Would you please be able to provide some information on the instructions to enter Australia? Is there a specific deadline by which you need to make your first entry? Or any other conditions? Thank you!

On 3/14/2021 at 7:45 PM, Alankrita said:

Hi! 

Would you please be able to provide some information on the instructions to enter Australia? Is there a specific deadline by which you need to make your first entry? Or any other conditions? Thank you!

If you are overseas by the time the visa is granted, you will be given "pre-grant", which doesn't have a deadline. The Permanent residency will be activated by the time you land in Australia. So don't worry. It doesn't matter whether you are the main applicant or/and dependent. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Im new here.

Hows everyone going with their applications?

I had just lodged my 887 application. *fingers crossed*

There is a question I would like to ask.

My partner granted the subsequent entrant last year, and now we are applying together. Do I need to prove our relationship again? (we are not married yet, but live together, de facto, but we did not register with the state government).

Look forward to your replies. Thank you everyone.

2 hours ago, Zack Adel said:

Hi Everyone 

When I came to Australia for eights months I lived in my friends and lease was on his name. I didn't take any documents from him. How I can prove my this length of stay ? What documents do I need to proof at this residency ? 

Get a letter from him that you lived in his place with rent free (with his signature, passport number, and  a statement that you two have known each other for a long period of time) . Also, you must have phone bills, rego, Car insurance, or any document to prove that address, it would be fine. Tenancy agreement is just another document to add to above list. So don't worry. 

On 3/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, Moonboy said:

Hi everyone,

Im new here.

Hows everyone going with their applications?

I had just lodged my 887 application. *fingers crossed*

There is a question I would like to ask.

My partner granted the subsequent entrant last year, and now we are applying together. Do I need to prove our relationship again? (we are not married yet, but live together, de facto, but we did not register with the state government).

Look forward to your replies. Thank you everyone.

Try to upload all the documents that have both your names on it (Tenancy agreement. Letter from Medical insurance, or the documents that you showed to get your partner subsequent visa, doesn't matter if its the same set of documents, upload them again. Most importantly, if you can create a bank account with both of your names on it (Joint saving or everyday account), that would be good. It will show Department that both of you live together under one roof. Attach that bank statement as a residential address proof as well. 

Good Luck !! 🕵️‍♀️ 

1 hour ago, DVR said:

Try to upload all the documents that have both your names on it (Tenancy agreement. Letter from Medical insurance, or the documents that you showed to get your partner subsequent visa, doesn't matter if its the same set of documents, upload them again. Most importantly, if you can create a bank account with both of your names on it (Joint saving or everyday account), that would be good. It will show Department that both of you live together under one roof. Attach that bank statement as a residential address proof as well. 

Good Luck !! 🕵️‍♀️ 

Thanks for the reply.

I have put together all my joint accounts, tenancy agreements.  utility bills, share stocks letters, rego renew notices as well as all photos we took together.

I also updated the "Love story" and personal statements. So all should be sufficient?

With regard to No criminal record clearance. We had provided one last time when we applied for 489. We did not leave Australia since then, do we still need to provide the overseas clearance documents again? Let me know if I need anything else. Thank you for your time mate.

9 hours ago, Moonboy said:

Thanks for the reply.

I have put together all my joint accounts, tenancy agreements.  utility bills, share stocks letters, rego renew notices as well as all photos we took together.

I also updated the "Love story" and personal statements. So all should be sufficient?

With regard to No criminal record clearance. We had provided one last time when we applied for 489. We did not leave Australia since then, do we still need to provide the overseas clearance documents again? Let me know if I need anything else. Thank you for your time mate.

If you can provide that wouldn't hurt... In case the CO would ask you the overseas police clearance, your application will be on hold. we can't argue with them. If it is easier you to get it. just apply and upload. I have seen occasions where  they ask for PC when the applicant has never left to home country 

Good Luck !! 

13 hours ago, DVR said:

Get a letter from him that you lived in his place with rent free (with his signature, passport number, and  a statement that you two have known each other for a long period of time) . Also, you must have phone bills, rego, Car insurance, or any document to prove that address, it would be fine. Tenancy agreement is just another document to add to above list. So don't worry. 

Hi he is not giving me any documents then any way forward for that ? 

Hi guys I have another question

I am about to apply 887 visa and my first application nomination from regional state for 489 was refused (NSW form r) due to my agent fault. the regional immigration officer deemed the assessment as unsuccessful and asked me to lodge a new assessment form with new fees which ultimately got sucessful , and then I filled the form 80 and 1221, submitted my visa fees and got my 489 visa 

so basically my invitation to apply for a subclass 489 was unsuccessful.

so should this be considered as a visa refusal case and do i need to mention while applying 887 visa

Please guide me on this 

Edited by ausdre

2 hours ago, ausdre said:

Hi guys I have another question

I am about to apply 887 visa and my first application nomination from regional state for 489 was refused (NSW form r) due to my agent fault. the regional immigration officer deemed the assessment as unsuccessful and asked me to lodge a new assessment form with new fees which ultimately got sucessful , and then I filled the form 80 and 1221, submitted my visa fees and got my 489 visa 

so basically my invitation to apply for a subclass 489 was unsuccessful.

so should this be considered as a visa refusal case and do i need to mention while applying 887 visa

Please guide me on this 

You must mention it in your application, no harm to declare everything. If you choose not to do so,  you may be in big trouble and get PIC 4020 due to provide misleading information in favor of your application  to the department. They have all our records, we cannot hide anything.

1 hour ago, Mangau said:

You must mention it in your application, no harm to declare everything. If you choose not to do so,  you may be in big trouble and get PIC 4020 due to provide misleading information in favor of your application  to the department. They have all our records, we cannot hide anything.

Hi Mangau,

Thanks for the reply, but where do I provide this information because they ask for visa refusal not for nomination refusal. I was refused a nomination to apply for a visa not a refusal after applying for a visa . Also when I applied for 489 visa afterwards, there also I never mentioned in form 80 and 1221 that I got refusal of visa to any country which included Aus as well.

The form 80 and 1221 clearly states in one of their questions if the visa is refused but my visa was never refused as I did not got any email from DOHA or DIBP for refusal of visa or any ban was imposed.

Edited by ausdre

8 hours ago, ausdre said:

Hi Mangau,

Thanks for the reply, but where do I provide this information because they ask for visa refusal not for nomination refusal. I was refused a nomination to apply for a visa not a refusal after applying for a visa . Also when I applied for 489 visa afterwards, there also I never mentioned in form 80 and 1221 that I got refusal of visa to any country which included Aus as well.

The form 80 and 1221 clearly states in one of their questions if the visa is refused but my visa was never refused as I did not got any email from DOHA or DIBP for refusal of visa or any ban was imposed.

Yes, you are correct. Nomination are not managed by Department of Homeaffair, and it is by State Governments. So you should not be worried. 

8 hours ago, DVR said:

Yes, you are correct. Nomination are not managed by Department of Homeaffair, and it is by State Governments. So you should not be worried. 

Yups that is what I thought nomination rejection does not matter, if it would have been the case then I would not have been granted the 489 visa as there also we fill form 80 and 1221