887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, voz said:

Congrats mate..Just a quick question..I did my police verification when i applied for 489 visa. Do i need to get the police verification again from India or can i attach the old one?

Also, do i need to get a police verification in Australia as well?

I will apply for 887 visa next month..

Many thanks in advance..

Cheers,

Voz

Just Australian Police Clearance (ONLINE) on AFP website. Do it beforehand. 

1 hour ago, akshay1229 said:

Hi .

I have got my grant today. every case is different.! so I suggest uploading all documents upfront. everyhting. 

Thank you everyone for your support and I wish all will get grant soon. Dont get frustrated. They are working hard. 

Applied - 16/08/2016

1st CO-09/11/2016 and submitted docs - 02/12/2016

2nd CO - 09/02/2017 and submitted docs - 28/02/2017

3rd CO - Grant - 04/05/2017 ( 8 months and 19 days)

Thank you again.!! Wish you all best.!

Congratulations mate..long journey as mine.. happy u finally got it

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 16april2017 said:
  • Hello all, 

Do i need to add additional family (parents - they are in my home country) members in non-accompanying family members or Other family members in my online application for 887?

no .Dont add them. if you add them, you need to fill 1023 to remove them. 

4 hours ago, voz said:

Congrats mate..Just a quick question..I did my police verification when i applied for 489 visa. Do i need to get the police verification again from India or can i attach the old one?

Also, do i need to get a police verification in Australia as well?

I will apply for 887 visa next month..

Many thanks in advance..

Cheers,

Voz

when I applied for my 887, i had same questions.... i requested both of them (aus and overseas), and attached them.... who knows, if they request i don't want to wait 3 months

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jany said:

when I applied for my 887, i had same questions.... i requested both of them (aus and overseas), and attached them.... who knows, if they request i don't want to wait 3 months

Good u did so..they requested from my husband the secondary applicant an overseas pcc

1 hour ago, Jany said:

thanks a lot Jany for your help and advice. can you please help me with the following query

1. I'm currently living with my uncle and aunt for the last 2 years. So, in that case i don't have a lease or a rent agreement. But, I have a private insurance(for the last 2 years), mobile bills and broadband bills. Also, tax statement of last year and will attach this year's statement too (by the time i apply for application i should have it). 

Will these documents suffice in case of residential proof?

2. Should i also go for the medical test before lodging my application?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Hello

I've received the mail today with 887 grant

Applied on 28.11.17

CO requested police report of my country (for the visits which were more than  weeks) and proof for SA stay on March 17

Email received today 05.05.17

FYI  : This is my 2nd time application as my 1st application was rejected on 2016 (reason: my period of stay was below 720 days). then I completed the balance days and applied again which is this. 

good luck everyone

16 minutes ago, nuwa said:

Hello

Applied on 28.11.17

CO requested police report of my country (for the visits which were more than  weeks) and proof for SA stay on March 17

FYI  : This is my 2nd time application as my 1st application was rejected on 2016 (reason: my period of stay was below 720 days). then I completed the balance days and applied again which is this. 

good luck everyone

Congrates nuwa for 887. Can u please explain why ur first application was rejected because i stayed in overseas for couple of months. How long ur stay were in overseas please explain. Thanks

Hello
Applied on 28.11.17

good luck everyone

Congratulations Nuwa good on ya mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Sartaj said:

Congrates nuwa for 887. Can u please explain why ur first application was rejected because i stayed in overseas for couple of months. How long ur stay were in overseas please explain. Thanks

If the overseas visits are more than 3 weeks they reduce it from the days u stay. for example I applied somewhere around in 2 yrs and 2 months. thats around 770 days. but i was outside (each stay more than 3 weeks) around 80/90 days (on 3 separate visits) that makes my actual SA stay around 680 days. hence it was rejected

best thing is to apply after 720 days in specific region (in my POV   :) )

7 minutes ago, nuwa said:

If the overseas visits are more than 3 weeks they reduce it from the days u stay. for example I applied somewhere around in 2 yrs and 2 months. thats around 770 days. but i was outside (each stay more than 3 weeks) around 80/90 days (on 3 separate visits) that makes my actual SA stay around 680 days. hence it was rejected

best thing is to apply after 720 days in specific region (in my POV   :) )

Sorry for bothering u , ur stay was 80/90 days per trip. Or in 3 trips u made 80/90 days. Thanks sorry for bothereing u

4 hours ago, nuwa said:

Hello

Applied on 28.11.17

good luck everyone

Hey nuwa 

congratulations for ur 887 grant. 

Can I pls ask one thing?

in ur msg u right the documents were requested on march 17. 

Was it on 17th march 2017. 

Or on some other date in march?

thanx 

5 hours ago, Sartaj said:

Sorry for bothering u , ur stay was 80/90 days per trip. Or in 3 trips u made 80/90 days. Thanks sorry for bothereing u

all 80 or 90 days. one was more than 1.5 months and others 4 weeks each as far as i can remember

does anyone updates a table. It was very helpful if its with short comments on status on my 1st application

to restate :  everyone - please apply for your police reports if u have stayed outside and give the documents of stay (bills, rental agreements, etc)  and job details (organizing helps i think)

also I have done a dumb thing of uploading 60 documents on my 1st GO and when they asked for more documents I had to post them with certified true signatory. Dont do it. organize (like scanning several paysheets to single doc) documents and upload

Just my idea based on the issues I have faced. If you have uploaded all the documents perfectly - it is more likely the wait is minimum (my friend got the PR within 4 months)

21 hours ago, voz said:

thanks a lot Jany for your help and advice. can you please help me with the following query

1. I'm currently living with my uncle and aunt for the last 2 years. So, in that case i don't have a lease or a rent agreement. But, I have a private insurance(for the last 2 years), mobile bills and broadband bills. Also, tax statement of last year and will attach this year's statement too (by the time i apply for application i should have it). 

Will these documents suffice in case of residential proof?

2. Should i also go for the medical test before lodging my application?

Thanks a lot for the help.

since I read this , thought of commenting for the 1st issue

I had similar issue for 6 months. i gave them mobile bills, bank statements and an affidavit (just to be safe) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, june30 said:

If you I leave overseas after apply 887, do I need to provide pcc again? ( as I already submitted)

I am not sure on this, but since your wait is more than 11 months - they must give u an answer for ur delay if your inquire. they say if the time limit is exceeded , they will answer(time li it for 90% in website is 11 months

does anyone updates a table. It was very helpful if its with short comments on status on my 1st application
to restate :  everyone - please apply for your police reports if u have stayed outside and give the documents of stay (bills, rental agreements, etc)  and job details (organizing helps i think)
also I have done a dumb thing of uploading 60 documents on my 1st GO and when they asked for more documents I had to post them with certified true signatory. Dont do it. organize (like scanning several paysheets to single doc) documents and upload
Just my idea based on the issues I have faced. If you have uploaded all the documents perfectly - it is more likely the wait is minimum (my friend got the PR within 4 months)

True. Not to brag.. I'm guessing we got the direct grant because my documents was in 1 pdf per checklist. I even got our names wrong, i forgot our middle names, that i thought will cause some delays. But i uploaded immediately form 1023 dont want to wait for a CO to ask me. So we got direct grant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk