Jump to content
  • Sign Up
sunnyside

887 Visa - What's the update?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Pomology said:

Hi All,

I am going to apply 887 within few days. Just one question

 My work docs, experience letter, payslips, superannuation statement, bank statement, group certificate ATO notice of assessment, utility bills states my first and last name whereas my passport, PCC, AFP lease docs says My first, middle and last name. Not sure, if i have to do something or file it as it is?

Also, in 2 yrs, I went overseas for 1month 2 weeks - hence, i m lodging my application after 2 weeks of due date (as one month holiday is allowed per calendar year). Am I right?

Please advice....

 

Hi pomology

i am in same boat. I travelled about 5 weeks in these 2 years and in 20 days it will be 2 years. I don't know should I apply or wait another 5 weeks on top. 

Cheers

vikas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vikas said:

Hi pomology

i am in same boat. I travelled about 5 weeks in these 2 years and in 20 days it will be 2 years. I don't know should I apply or wait another 5 weeks on top. 

Cheers

vikas

Hi Vikas 

I had the same issue. I had 3 weeks leaves on 2nd year but yesterday I applied for 887. I couldn't wait another 3 weeks. I called Immigration they said short holidays like 3 weeks will not reduce the stay in Australia. 

Taking the risk applied yesterday. It's been 28 months since I came to Australia but when I apply for 887 visa I had only 710 days that I actually lived in Australia. 

Fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barracountry said:

Hi Apr08,

thanks for sharing, my little one was added and 489 & 887 (887 bridging) were granted on 27 September...

now the wait is for the Medical examination link to be sent...I had to Pester them (via phone calls) to add my child onto the visa...

Co2 sent an S56 more info required (Medical examination for new born)...

Q: How long after ur baby was added on to the visa...u had received the Medical link...?

I also estimate that ur case will be looked at before the 13 October & a decision will be made...

Good Luck,

Karl,

It takes me roughly a months to get HAP ID after getting her bridging visa, but its just a paper based medical which I did from GP.

Do you think I have to call them as its now close to six months?

Good Luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, June1_887 said:

Hey everyone! CO asked for further docs last 28th Aug and I submitted it on 30th Aug. i am still waiting as well. My CO is Adam, somebody here has the same CO? 

Any update ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its already been six months and I am thinking to call Immigration.

Is there anyone here goin through the same or had any experience of calling immigration regards to visa delay?

thankx in advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bunny said:

Hi Vikas 

I had the same issue. I had 3 weeks leaves on 2nd year but yesterday I applied for 887. I couldn't wait another 3 weeks. I called Immigration they said short holidays like 3 weeks will not reduce the stay in Australia. 

Taking the risk applied yesterday. It's been 28 months since I came to Australia but when I apply for 887 visa I had only 710 days that I actually lived in Australia. 

Fingers crossed. 

Hi bunny

i have a friend who applied 887 back in 2011. He also travelled couple of times but both occasions it was 3-5 weeks. But he didn't wait for extra time and applied exactly after 2 years. He didn't get any problem as he said he didn't exceed 90 days in any overseas trip. I am going to do the same, let see what happens. 

Cheers

vikas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danny said:

Hi Guys anyone who applied on 22nd of June

Still no CO assigned.

Did you apply through paper / online? as per excel sheet who applied on 26th june his CO allocated on 26th Sep I don't know why they skip your file in quee if you applied OL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, 

I have applied for 887 and added my newborn baby to visa. Case officer ask me for baby's medical and told me to get a letter/report from GP and sign the consent form and send it to me. And that letter format should be according to the sample tamplate attached. 

But she attached a wrong letter in attachment. I email her 3 times for the letter but haven't received any response. Can anyone provide me with the tamplate for letter/report? 

 

Thanks

Edited by Kamran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danny said:

Hi Guys anyone who applied on 22nd of June

Still no CO assigned.

I applied on 22 nd of June and got co on 20 September. They asked my wife's evidence of English ability. We sent that document on 23 sept. Now I am waiting for final result.

They should contact u... I don't know why...Hopefully u will get reply soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 887-Applied said:

Did you apply through paper / online? as per excel sheet who applied on 26th june his CO allocated on 26th Sep I don't know why they skip your file in quee if you applied OL 

I have applied online through migration agent.

I have been checking with my agent continuously for past 2 weeks for any update but no luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kamran said:

Hey guys, 

I have applied for 887 and added my newborn baby to visa. Case officer ask me for baby's medical and told me to get a letter/report from GP and sign the consent form and send it to me. And that letter format should be according to the sample tamplate attached. 

But she attached a wrong letter in attachment. I email her 3 times for the letter but haven't received any response. Can anyone provide me with the tamplate for letter/report? 

 

Thanks

Ask your GP, he should know.

will you share your timeline? Mine is above and we are in the same boat.

good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GP have no idea of the letter, not getting reply on my emails from CO I just got a general letter from GP and uploaded that. 

Applied for visa 25March

Baby born 09/06/17

Received further info request july

Provided docs in August 

Waiting for case officer reply since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vikas said:

Hi bunny

i have a friend who applied 887 back in 2011. He also travelled couple of times but both occasions it was 3-5 weeks. But he didn't wait for extra time and applied exactly after 2 years. He didn't get any problem as he said he didn't exceed 90 days in any overseas trip. I am going to do the same, let see what happens. 

Cheers

vikas

Hi Vikas

That's the best thing I've heard recently. 😁 Fingers crossed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Kamran said:

GP have no idea of the letter, not getting reply on my emails from CO I just got a general letter from GP and uploaded that. 

Applied for visa 25March

Baby born 09/06/17

Received further info request july

Provided docs in August 

Waiting for case officer reply since.

Hi Kamran, 

We are 90% similar timeline and similar scenario.

My CO did'nt mention any format so I just uploaded general letter from GP.

Did you upload/asked any extra docs other then passport, birth proof, photo and letter from GP ?

Do you think we can call immi as it is already more than 6 mnths.

Good luck and keep informed.

many thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
applied 28/04/2017
1st CO 31/07/2017
visa granted today 04/10/2017
good luck for everyone who are waiting  .


Congratulations
Please can you share what they asked for documents on 31/7/2017 and what was initial of CO
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apr08 said:

Hi Kamran, 

We are 90% similar timeline and similar scenario.

My CO did'nt mention any format so I just uploaded general letter from GP.

Did you upload/asked any extra docs other then passport, birth proof, photo and letter from GP ?

Do you think we can call immi as it is already more than 6 mnths.

Good luck and keep informed.

many thx

Hey April08,

No they didn't ask for any other doc other than passport, birth cert, photo and medical for baby. I also have obtained a general letter from GP and uploaded, and I also scan baby blue book contents and uploaded. 

And I actually already make a call to immigration but that was not helpful at all after waiting long on phone they just told me to send email to ur case officer. I went to immigration office too, they told me to send an email to the case officer as well. 

So, best thing we can do is wait for case officer to advice us for further action. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kamran said:

Hey April08,

No they didn't ask for any other doc other than passport, birth cert, photo and medical for baby. I also have obtained a general letter from GP and uploaded, and I also scan baby blue book contents and uploaded. 

And I actually already make a call to immigration but that was not helpful at all after waiting long on phone they just told me to send email to ur case officer. I went to immigration office too, they told me to send an email to the case officer as well. 

So, best thing we can do is wait for case officer to advice us for further action. 

Thanks

Thank you Kamran for your reply.

Hope we will get a grant soon.

Do you mind to share your CO name/initials?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I got my CO last Aug 28,, still waiting, on my immi it says "assessment in progress",,, I reckon we have the same CO (melissa)


Hi May 21,
Any update or the progress

Please share your feedback.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:56 AM, Vikas said:

Hi pomology

i am in same boat. I travelled about 5 weeks in these 2 years and in 20 days it will be 2 years. I don't know should I apply or wait another 5 weeks on top. 

Cheers

vikas

Guys,

Can someone please tell me abt name issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Pomology said:

Hi All,

I am going to apply 887 within few days. Just one question

 My work docs, experience letter, payslips, superannuation statement, bank statement, group certificate ATO notice of assessment, utility bills states my first and last name whereas my passport, PCC, AFP lease docs says My first, middle and last name. Not sure, if i have to do something or file it as it is?

Also, in 2 yrs, I went overseas for 1month 2 weeks - hence, i m lodging my application after 2 weeks of due date (as one month holiday is allowed per calendar year). Am I right?

Please advice....

 

Guys,

Can someone please share thoughts on name issue?

I checked while filling form 80 and 1221 there is a question (have you been known by other names)- If yes, say yes and fill my Frist and last time (which I have on my work docs) will that be okay? Or do I have to attached any stat dec stating both names belongs to me.

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use